This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
How don't you drown in a rainstorm
Private  — Uldren!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
One look at your eyes and I cave in
Times like these make it a bit easier for her to stand living under the same roof as her father, since they live quite far up. It doesn't take away the occasional issue of water damage to the walls or ceiling, but at least she doesn't have to land in ankle deep water when jumping down from her bunk bed in the morning.

Her original schedule for the day still got scrapped due to water related issues, so her new plan became to make it across to the other side of the Drench instead. Making use of the roof tops is quickly scratched from her list of options as well, as everything is damp and slippery and still covered with sandy grime from the combination of dust storm and heavy rain. Alternating between flooded streets and higher walkways had to do instead. By the time she reaches her destination, she's already had water up to her knees a couple of times and her rather waterproof boots were being put to the test.

While making her way up the stairs towards the level Uldren's apartment is on, she pauses to have a look around the area. At the people already out and about trying to assess the damage done by the sudden storm. Pushing back the hood of her shirt she's been hiding in, she makes it the last bit up and over to knock on the door. Realising she actually never checked beforehand if he's even home, but it's still quite early in the morning so perhaps she's in luck and she won't be met by no answer.

Or having to explain to his sister who she is and what she wants, unless Uldren has told about her already.
One taste of the life now I crave it
ira

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
// && my heart won't change if my head don't break,
i need a little bit of patience, 'cause we been going through changes //
He may not have had time to check his phone even if she’d messaged him to see if he was home. But luckily for her, he is — not in the way that she might expect as she knocks on his door, but in the way that has him hauling a sandbag up the steps from the previous level, trying to get ahead of it. His clothes are soaked, a dull leather jacket worn to try and keep himself as dry as he can, his voice echoing along the corridors as he speaks to a neighbor.

Where d’ya want it, Fran?” He asks, when a feminine voice sounds from the bottom level, explaining where she wanted the bag. It was an easy placement, one to help prevent her door from getting too flooded, provided everyone knew to step over the lump it would block.

There’s the sound of a thump as he sets it down where she indicates, hand pushing back the black and red hair, bidding his goodbyes as he starts to climb the stairs to the next level to his door. And that’s when he realizes Ira’s there, his face splitting into a bright smile. “There’s my girl!” He steps closer to her, wrapping a wet arm around her shoulders, reaching into his pocket for the key among the damp rest of his pockets, looking like a drowned rat. “How’d your place go?” He asks, unlocking the door and letting her in.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She takes a step back after knocking once and hears his voice coming from somewhere outdoors right after. Looking back the way she came, she listens and waits. They must have just missed each other as she made her way up the stairs and she had not spotted him either. He soon comes up into sight, though and she gives him an equally bright smile when he sees her. "I know, I'm just showing up without warning."She chuckles as he comes over and wraps his arm over her shoulders and she slides an arm around his back in return.

She doesn't care much for it being wet. Having already waded through water and all her clothes being damp enough from the moisture in the air. It just seems to be a thing; if they are not covered in sweat, it is water instead.

"It's far enough up to be safe from the flood water and nothing was leaking through the ceiling when I left, at least. Just got my whole day cancelled because the diner's closed because of... Surprise, water damage. She gives him a teasing smirk and steps through the door after he unlocks it for them. "So I'm currently down one job and decided to come bother you with all my free time instead. How's this place managed?"
ira

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He snorts at her answer, puffing out a little “pshh” as if it didn’t matter if she showed up without warning – which it didn’t, it just depended on whether or not he was there. And if he was, he’d certainly answer the door and invite her in under any circumstances. For now, though, he’s got his arm around her, unlocking the door, inviting her into the warm and damp interior of his apartment.

They’d faired well enough, even though water damage was seen along the edges of any entrance or break in the walls (including the windows), but Uldren has been doing his best to try and dry them out. Using the fans from Kivan in an attempt to dry out the corners of each room.

The place is a mess, though. “Love to see it.” He teases with a huff of a laugh – it was the same old same after every year. Water damage and the like. Only this time it seemed different – the water grimier and nastier, like sand was imbedded into each and every pooling of water. He doesn’t trust it. “We did alright. Woke up with some water, just tryin’ to air it out right now. Gonna take a while if the water gets up that high again.” He wrinkles his nose as he looks around the apartment, things tossed this way and that in piles to try and keep them high enough not to get damaged.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
It almost makes her feel a bit guilty for having a relatively easy living during the floods whenever she sees any place faring less well. However, Drenak often hit her bad in other ways she she could not escape all the problems that come with the season. "Makes me happy I live far up, even if I want to murder those stairs on a good day." She shakes her head with a small huff and has a look around at the mess.

"Got some memories of our old place. Once woke up from more or less inhaling the water that got in during the night and went up over the edge of the bed. Even where we live now, I don't dare to sleep anywhere lower than my bunk bed if I know it's raining." And at least so far she had not experienced any water dripping down onto her from the ceiling instead.

She reaches out with a hand and runs her fingers along the damp doorframe and looks at them coming back with that grimy sand mix. "Gonna blame the Platers for pissing off some Saint or two for giving us that dust storm just before the rain hit." She mutters and rubs the fine grains between her fingers before wiping her hand off on her pants. They were covered in the stuff already from her walk over.
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Saints, those stairs are killer, though.” Uldren offers with a soft laugh, drifting further into the apartment to pick up pieces here and there, some damp and waterlogged still as he tries to find a new place to put them where they had a better chance of drying out.

And while he does so, he listens to her, pausing to give her his full attention with a grimace. “Can’t say I’ve had that happen, but… Seems like each year the water gets higher and higher at the start.” Last year it hadn’t reached his floor. This year, it had. And he’d woken up, swung his legs out to get up, only to get into the mushy wet rug he kept on the floor in his bedroom.

He shudders with the thought.

Yeah, though they’re prolly relishing in the fact we’re dealin’ with it.” He grumps, trying to wipe off some of the grit on his arms, exhaling an annoyed sigh before he drifts into the kitchen to grab a couple of towels that were still dry – tossing one to her before wiping his hands on it and frowning as it pulls away with a gross, almost dirt and mold type of hue. “Would be nice if they just kept their shit to themselves.” Uldren huffs another sigh, stepping back over toward her to pull her in for a chaste and gentle kiss, for an official greeting. “’M glad you came over, though.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Those stairs truly are a killer, especially at times when she isn't in the best of conditions either. But being able to live that far up and having access to an elevator is way out of her income reach.

She slowly follows a bit behind Uldren, carefully picking up some things as well in an attempt to be helpful. Looking them over closely, noticing how everything that's touched the water has that odd grime on it. "Bet they never get water up over their ankles. Everything just pouring out over the edges and down here before it can rise at all." The Plates might be more exposed to the rain directly, but they didn't have to deal with all the water staying with them afterwards.

She puts away the things she picked up on a higher spot while he dips into the kitchen and then comes back with the towels. She catches the one he throws her way and starts trying to wipe her hands clean while he comes over. He pulls her in and she wraps an arm around him again while pressing her lips gently to his with a soft smile. "Happy to be here. Best way to spend my free time nowadays."

Looking down at the towel in her hand, she too frowns at the odd mold like dirt. She's usually not bothered by mud and dust, really living in the wrong place if so, but something with this is different. Knowing it's probably in her clothes by this point as well makes her skin crawl and she can almost feel her lungs starting to itch by just looking at it. "What even is this stuff?" She asks with some concern and scrubs her hands with the towel more, even if it was probably too late to help agianst anything at this point.
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Uldren snorts in agreement with Ira as he continues to try and dry out the important things, thinking back on whether he’d heard about the flooding up top. Certainly it was nothing like this, reservoirs or not. Wouldn’t it just fall off the side into a terrible waterfall, used in an attempt to drown all the rats out down here? And if it wasn’t used like that, why haven’t they already started?

It’s probably better not to ask those questions, though.

The kiss is chaste but it’s gentle and appreciative enough that he pulls away with a softer, bright smile, only to follow her gaze down to the towel to see how terrible the water actually was. Uldren’s smile fades into a slight frown, using the back of his hand to wipe at his nose. “Pretty sure the dust around this area isn’t red.” Grainy, sure, but the redness of which this water was? He’d be lying if he said it didn’t concern him a fair amount.

Maybe the Platers are gettin’ back at us?” He asks, lifting his gaze to Ira with an almost determined frown, wiping the rust hue from his hands onto his own towel.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She takes a closer look at the towel, at the weird hue of whatever it is and slowly shakes her head before scrubbing her hands some more. "Not what I've seen, at least. Probably something washed down from above." Blaming the Platers feels like a safe thing to default to. Not that it's a clear answer to where it actually comes from, but few people down here complained when the Platers were blamed for this or that.

His question has her look up with a raised brow and a look of annoyed confusion, clearing her throat before speaking. "Get back at us for what? Can't say we've caused much trouble. Been following their little bedtime rule for the most part and stayed put down here during this whole lockdown." She begins and takes a few steps away to check on more things, throwing the towel over a shoulder more or less on autopilot as if it was just another day at work.

Rolling up the sleeves of her hoodie to keep them out of the way, even if they are damp already, she finds some more things to add to the piles Uldren has already made. "I mean, sure... I admit, I'm guilty of having fucked around with some patrols on too boring nights, but I'm gonna call that harmless. Not like it started a damn riot or something. Nothing to 'get back at' us for." She continues, idly scratching at her hands and arms while taking another look around at the damp apartment.
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Uldren grimaces, lips twisting with the distaste of the idea of whatever was above being washed down on top of them. So of course, when he makes his little question and she looks up at him, he lifts his jade gaze to meet hers. “For existing? I dunno.” It seemed plausible enough with the distaste he’d often seen – more so from the older Plater crowds, rarely seen down here but heard over the phone as their younger patrons explored the Neon Alley.

Those were the ones he tended to focus on the most, trying to sell them the jewels he made, cheap stones with good metal, hard to see that they’re initially fake. But regardless, Uldren continues to pick up pieces of the apartment, grimacing at the clothes his sister had abandoned beside the couch, now a heap of soggy cotton.

Think we’ve all fucked around with some of those ‘forcies.” He admits with a soft huff of a laugh. “Almost got one of ‘em to buy the worst thing I’ve made.” He’s still a bit miffed that the enforcer had eventually decided against it, shrugging a shoulder helplessly as he continues to add to the piles, dropping his sister’s sopping wet clothes into a plastic tub to be washed and dried later.
Uldren