This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
it was a dark and stormy morning
Private  — For Ira
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Tell the crowd, tell the world
I want everyone to get high
It was relieving to see they were back to laughing, Adam giving a little uneasy laugh of his own in response before Ira even said anything. He was going to be internally beating himself up about the moment of vulnerability for the next several years, but at least it seemed like she was willing to look past it.

Her answer was predictable enough for a Drencher, though Adam had to pause and think before giving his. "Okay, so like, the thing is, it depends. Is the Arbiter fuckin' me because he's come around and wants to actually do some good? Cos I might suck his dick if it'd change things around here. Take one for the team. But I think I'd probably take the apartment too, because that ain't ever gonna happen." He'd sucked dicks for less before. Sure, it would be one attached to the Arbiter, but...well, he could close his eyes and pretend it was {redacted crush} instead.

"Alright, your turn. Think of one for me."
Tell the press, tell the cameras
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
Adam might be judging himself more for the vulnerability than she would, as in she probably would not have frowned at him even if he had gone as far as crying. Perhaps only in concern, but she wouldn't think less of him. So she has no problem just moving past it this time.

If anything, she might judge him more for the pause he makes before answering, and she shakes her head with with another quiet groan from behind the hand still partially covering her face. Trying to be rid of the mental images that Adam's talk forces her poor mind to think of despite her best efforts. The back of his seat receives a light shove by her boot as if she's about to follow through on the joking threat about kicking him out of the car for considering taking the Arbiter. She might aim for the face if she knew about him and the heir...

"Well, maybe between the two of us we could keep that apartment less grimy and keep some of our pride intact." She laughs and puts her hand back behind her head once the invasive images leave her mind. "Alright, let's see..."

She looks up at the window above her head while trying to think of something good, with Adam already having covered one of the more extremer options probably. "Would you rather freedive in the canals daily for a week, or openly volunteer as an enforcer in the Drench for the same amount of time?" Those canals sure doesn't hold sparkling spring water even at the best of times.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2023, 02:51 PM by Ira.)

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam laughed as the boot made contact with the back of the seat, having quite often been the friend to gross everyone else out and get bumped for it. He just said what came to mind - it wasn't his fault his mind was frequently vulgar and off putting. "Well, yeah, I dunno if the Arbiter would wanna hook up in a dirty apartment." He joked with a devious grin.

As Ira thought of a conundrum for him, he took a long draw on the joint, pulling it to almost the end, then passed it over to Ira to finish. The ingredients within were not enough to make one high in the proper sense of the word, but the hazy smoke in the small car definitely contributed to a calming, sleepy kind of vibe, one which soothed his prior anxiety (and made the stay in the emergency shelter more pleasant, as rain continued to slam down around them).

The question she actually came out with surprised him, because well...he'd grown up very rough. Swimming in the canals, suspicious water or no, had just been a part of life. Maybe not so much as he'd gotten older and a little more conscious of the social ramifications of swimming in 'poop water', but... "Oh, canals. For sure. Didn't you ever swim in 'em as a kid? You dodge the needles and the trash at the bottom and you can have a good ol' time. Stink when you get home, though."

To be fair, being an Enforcer also had it's charm, assuming he could be cool with it and let everyone off of the stupid little crimes they liked to accuse Drenchers of.
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
Despite her complaining noises, she isn't too disturbed by the thought. Maybe a little. It would certainly be worse if Adam had been serious about jumping in bed with the Arbiter of all people. Still nothing she wants to think of for too long, joke or not. Instead, she happily accepts the last of the joint while she tries to think. The car seat she is lying on currently feeling more comfortable than it probably is and she feels rather content waiting out the rain that doesn't seem to be in a hurry to ease up.

Her gaze drifts from the window and back to Adam after she gives him the options and she isn't surprised that he chooses the canals, giving him a small shrug at his own question. "Sure I did. Got proper sick a few times too. Really pissed dad off, so sometimes I went for a swim just to make him angry." She huffs in a quiet laugh and takes the last drag of what's left of the joint. "At least I got his attention, even if it was screaming."

She shakes her head and tilts it back to look at the rain running down the window again. "Think I'd go diving as well. Don't really have a reputation of any kind, but m'sure I'd get a bad one if seen in uniform down here. Think I'd rather take my chances with the dirty water." She knows all too well how hated those Drenchers can be that signed up for that stupid enforcer lottery the Plates had going on.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Well experienced in his own fucked up childhood shit, Adam didn't dig too deep into Ira poisoning herself in the canal just to get her dad's attention - it sounded like something that could quickly become a rabbit hole, and they'd already had more than enough awkward dad drama in this car.

"Mm. The Drencher ones always seem so fuckin' smug about it. ...Might be kinda nice to see one of them in the canal." He snorted, the image of a once-hardened Drencher desperately trying to find a Plates dry cleaner for their dorky suit quite pleasing.

The heavy pounding of rain began to slow, longer time between each drop on the windshield. Adam tilted his head up and smiled with relief as he saw grey clouds parting and leaving a streak of white, but clear sky above. "Looks like it's letting up. Should be able to escape this soon."
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She is relieved Adam doesn't ask for further details, although she probably would have waved further questions away at this point anyway. Not exactly feeling like turning the conversation into more awkward family issues twice in one day, even if it is something she runs the risk of going on a long rant about if prodded enough.

So instead, she just hums to what Adam is saying. "At least having a swim in the canals can't be as bad as that swim test the nobles are drowning their kids in." She mutters quietly, watching as the raindrops hitting running down the side window above her head begin to become fewer and the light outside starting to brighten. Looking over to Adam when he speaks again, she notices the relieved smile and snorts.

"Aw, you that eager to not be trapped in here with me anymore?" She sits up and turns to put her arms up on each of the front seats. "And here I thought we're having it rather cosy." She leans forward between the seats towards Adam and gives him a teasing smirk. Not that she would really like to spend the whole day trapped inside the car either.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
"True, my mum never threw me in there." Nor threatened to disown him if he didn't make it to the edge. Honestly, though he knew all the details of the swim test, had spoken to Platers who'd survived it...it was still hard to actually believe. It seemed so fucking evil it had to be made up, but he guessed that was just topsiders.

At Ira's teasing, he snorted and rolled his eyes, leaning back against the door. "You think it might be the threat of fucking drowning, more than you?" Once he was happy she was sufficiently convinced there was no one else he would rather almost die in a rotted-out car with, he turned to open the door. Little spits of rain hit his arms as he stepped back out into the crisp air, but it was clear the worst of the deluge was over.

"Alright, let's get back up before it starts again - got enough parts to try make...something..." He shook the bag of bits and bobs they'd found. Nothing as promising as he'd hoped, but some of it might come together if he was especially clever about it. Once Ira was out of the car and on solid ground, he walked with her back up to the Drench, thinking he owed her a drink.

{END}
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!