This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
dancing on the ceiling
Private  — for Ira
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
So what's the point of robbery
Adam, who was free from concepts like 'a real job' and 'schedules', floated in and out of clubs and bars most evenings, unless he was hungover already or doing a show. In some ways he could say it was work in of itself - often bars, with their crowds and flowing alcohol, were great places to hear the local gossip and integrate himself with people that could be useful. However, it would be a lie to pretend he was only there for that purpose.

He also like to get drunk and dance. So sue him.

On this particular evening, he'd dropped by Ira's bar first to see if she could come along; sometimes, he wanted company and she had proven herself to be a good friend after their almost-drowning-in-a-mudslide adventure, so it was time to reward her with an Adam night out, which was one of the best a Drencher could ask for.

As they came to the entrance of one of his favourite clubs, the music loud and the neon lights flashing, he yelled to be heard over the noise: "THIS PLACE DOES REALLY GOOD SHOTS. YOU WANT SOME?"
When nothing is worth taking
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Do not try me Devil, Devil.  Cannot buy me Devil, Devil.  You won't make a fool of me, oh no
Adam has perfect timing, because when he comes in, Ira is nearing the end of her shift already and agrees to come along. If she had tried to leave early to go spend money at another bar, her boss might have had a few words to say about it. He might give her a lot of wiggle room with many things, but there are limits still. However, Adam doesn't have to wait around for long before she officially got her free-time to do with as she pleases.

So after getting out of her work clothes and sending a quick message home saying she will probably be late, she joins up with him to head over to his place of choice.

While her own bar got a lot of neon lights like many others, the flashing ones at the club together with the loud music slam against her senses in an almost overwhelming way for the first few seconds before she starts getting used to it. She really hasn't been out in a long time, and certainly not to any kind of party places, and has to strain her ears a bit to hear Adam even when he's shouting over the music.

Her reply is a nod and a thumbs-up, then leans in close to not having to shout just as much to be heard. "I've not been doing any proper drinking in a very long time, so if I get completely smashed, you're carrying me home! Or dump me in a corner somewhere, whatever suits you." She flashes him an amused grin and starts making her way towards the bar.
ira
What makes you so special, special to think I would ever settle for that devious dance between you and me

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
Adam had not taken a break from drinking since he'd been old enough to enjoy doing it. "Sure!" He called in response, very confident that he'd be conscious enough to get her home. It took a lot to get him properly pissed nowadays; that probably should not have been a point of pride, but it was.

Pushing into the crowd around the door sideways with his shoulder, guiding Ira through the entrance and around the corner to the bar, he flashed smiles at people he recognised, some of whom returned the gesture. When you were in his line of work (and also just a great guy, let's be real), it paid to have friends anywhere you went.

When they reached the bar however, it would be clear from the bartender's face that Adam was not a friend to him. 'Pikely.' The man groaned, somehow keeping the disappointed flatness in his voice while yelling to be heard over the music. 'Here to pay your tab? Bloody unlikely.'

Sheepishly, Adam laughed, turned to Ira and shrugged. "Don't know what he's talking about. Maybe you should order though. I'll uh...pay you back."
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Do not try me Devil, Devil.  Cannot buy me Devil, Devil.  You won't make a fool of me, oh no
She tries to be confident too that Adam will get her home if she'll end up being unable to manage that on her own and tries to tell herself she can worry about that later if needed. That she will just have to wait and see if she wakes up tomorrow at home, or at some strange place with her phone filled with missed calls and messages. Now is not the time to think of that, however, and she happily follows Adam through the crowd and takes note of the people greeting him.

Even before the bartender says anything, she knows by the look on his face that there's some kind of trouble. She's seen similar looks from the bartenders she works with as well with some people coming in and she raises a brow when she turns to look at Adam in return once her suspicion is confirmed.

"Huh, sure you don't. You're the very picture of innocence." She doesn't seem upset by it, though. The amused smirk is still on her face and she shakes her head slowly with a soft huff of a laugh before turning to the bartender with a bright smile. Shots are ordered and she puts up enough coin for a couple of them each to begin with. If anything to at least make the bartender sure of that she can and will pay for what they'll order.

"This your usual tactic for free drinks with people you go out with?" She teases, turning back to Adam and slides one of the glasses over to him.
ira
What makes you so special, special to think I would ever settle for that devious dance between you and me

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Yeah, always." Adam put his hands together and rose his eyes up to the ceiling as if swearing his goodness, though the effect was somewhat ruined by the immediate laugh and move back to slumping over the bar.

Taking the glass, he had an experimental sip (pretty good, Ira had acceptable taste in booze) and shrugged, easily turning to look out at the crowd. "Worked, didn't it? But..nah, I'm just fucking broke, as always. Used to be a lot more information and rumour flowing about when the lockdown wasn't here. Used to be a lot easier to sell it, too." Nate kept him fed and he was pretty sure his landlord might have died, since he hadn't been asked for rent in years now, so he was getting on okay regardless.

Just...not in the paying for drinks department.

"Maybe I need a new gig. Thought about being a hooker, but I might be too old to start. Hot as I am." He took another drink and glanced to Ira. "Suppose I could be a bartender, but it'd be to easy to get pissed on the job."
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
"Yeah, guess it did work." She chuckles and takes a drink from her own glass. Luckily, she had made a decent amount in tip during her shift, so she could keep it a couple of steps above the absolute cheapest alcohol the club has to offer. And even if Adam would take a very long time to pay her back, if at all, she isn't too concerned about it. Spending one evening buying drinks for a friend is not going to ruin her and it isn't like he is taking a large loan from her.

"Tell me about it. Used to listen to and overhear all sorts of things while working as well, but nowadays it's just the same thing on repeat. Everyone talks about the lockdown and no one wants to really hear it anymore, but there's not much else."

She huffs and remains leaned in closer, if only to not having to shout too much over the music while leaning her back against the bar and watches the crowd. Adam's work suggestions brings a small laugh out of her and she gives him an amused glance. "Wouldn't say you're too old for it. Always someone's type, mh? And yeah, bar workers and drinking on the job is a very bad combination, trust me. Seen it. They don't keep their job for long."

Taking another drink, she shrugs. "Hard labour seems to be doing alright. You know, all the repairs and stuff needing around the city. Though not sure that's your style."
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Not even any juicy relationship drama? Who's fucking who? When things are quiet, sometimes I take that stuff down. You'd be surprised who'll pay for it." A lot of names got lost in the addled fog of his brain, but Adam could tell you from most Drench faces who they'd slept with over the years. The web was complicated and messy and drifted up to the Plates much more than the Nobles up there would like to believe.

Once he'd dreamed of being a bartender, or perhaps doing Nate's job (which rhymed with 'bug bealer'), but practically, Ira was right. The one giving out the substances had to abstain from them at least during work hours, which would be practically impossible for him. The fact it would present such a challenge might have been concerning, if Adam considered it, which he refused to.

Taking a longer drink out of the glass, he shook his head while still drinking. "As sexy as they are, my arms aren't made for labour." In the short-sleeved tight shirt he was wearing, it would be clear what he meant: he had muscles, but they were the kind one got from hardly eating and doing a lot of parkour, not lifting heavy things. "Besides, that's so boring. I'm not meant to do boring shit."

He was meant to do cool shit. Like dance. In one practiced, smooth motion, Adam tipped his head back and downed the rest of the drink, slammed the glass on the counter and bounced out towards the dance floor, holding a hand out for Ira to join him.
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
"Oh, there's always that drama. I just count that as the same old things on repeat as well. I'm paid to just nod, offer some sympathies for their partner cheating on them and offer them more drinks until they run out of lasti." Some people out on a date with their lover could sometimes even offer her extra tip for not saying that she ever saw them there. "But if you ever feel like sharing the coin, I can start taking notes for you on people's drunken confessions." She gives Adam a teasing grin and downs most of her drink.

Shaking her head with an amused laugh at his comment, she lets her gaze slowly wander over his arms as if checking them out to see if his statement is true. Her own being of the similar kind, slender muscles, but overall there isn't much extra mass on her body. The heaviest she's lifting and carrying might be the occasional overfilled trays with bottles and glasses, which could actually get a bit heavy sometimes.

However, just spending her days doing heavy work like carrying things around in a warehouse or something would bore her out of her mind as well. The bar is just a way more exciting place to be at, and it paid decently as well even on slower days.

"Yeah, boring sucks." She agrees with another laugh and is about to lift her glass again when Adam moves away and then holds out his hand for her to join. Hesitating for a second, she finishes the last of her drink and pushes away from the bar to take his hand. She can't remember the last time she did any dancing, but how hard could it be? Most people out on the floor were too busy drunkenly flailing and bouncing around to pay attention to anyone else most likely, and she's not exactly a clumsy person, so perhaps there won't be any embarrassing stumbling about.
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
At first Adam laughed, then he paused. Ira's offer was actually pretty solid, if she meant it: where else could one farm so many drunken confessions and secrets as behind a bar? He slid her a sideways glance. "...You being serious? Because we could make that work." The exact ratio of her cut and other details could come later, but for now the bubblings of a new enterprise entertained his imagination.

Between her and his recent conversations with Sunjata, he was beginning to develop a bit of a network. Now there was an idea.

Anyway, business could wait. There was dancing to do; Ira came along and Adam pulled her to a spot in the dance floor where there was a few spare meters from stumbling drunks. The music was something loud and fast, the kind of song where the lyrics didn't matter in favour of the beat. His dancing was not elegant; long limbs moved roughly in time to the music but bore a resemblance to the swinging prongs of a windmill. Still, he was enjoying himself.

When they happened to be facing each other, he would take Ira's hands and spin her, or perhaps dip her into a fake waltz; whatever the moment called for. By the end of the song he could feel the beginnings of the alcohol touching the edges of his brain; nothing like being drunk, but the first hint of a smile on his face and a looser movement to his legs. "ANOTHER DRINK?" He shouted over the next song beginning and people around them, miming it with an imaginary cup to his lips.
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
"Yeah, why not!" She laughs as he follows him out on the floor "Some people talk a lot when you give them some sweet smiles and drinks. Might as well make use of it." They can probably work something out at a later time, for now they are busy just having fun.

She lets Adam pull her along, managing to duck any flailing arms from the dancing drunks they pass by before finding a good enough spot. Her dancing is probably not elegant enough to win any contests either, but she doesn't care and soon gets into the rhythm of the music. Spinning around with Adam and just having a good time, not really feeling the slight effect of the alcohol until they stop at the end of the song. Or it was from the spinning. Or a mix of both.

"Sure!" She shouts back with a bright smile and makes her way around dancing people back to the bar. Leaning over it towards the bartender to make herself heard as she seems to ask for something, to which he nods and starts picking around with some bottles. She soon gets two glasses with a very dark red liquid in them and she holds one of them out to Adam with a grin while taking a sip from the other.

The drink itself is rather sweet, but will give quite the kick if one has a mouthful of it in one go.
ira