This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
the crooked kind
Private  — Adam <33
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
father, father, let me figure it out
i'm gonna swim in the thick of it now,
i can't even tell the difference now
He’s been cared for, at least. Even if he’s still upset at himself for getting stuck down here, having to come here because he had nowhere else to go. It isn’t like he wasn’t welcome, but still. It hurts the pride a small amount, let alone any other mixture of feelings about it. He doesn’t know whether he’s thought wrong about the situation he’d seen up too that spurred this hangover, or what. But Nate leaves for work and Sunjata’s left on his own, designated to the couch, which is fine. It’s better than the floor.

At least there’s a small blanket, a couch pillow adjusted under his head enough that he can curl up, facing the back of the couch. The small blanket is tucked around his torso, over the bandage as he lays on the side that’s not bruised and painful, and takes a deep breath while he curls in on himself a small amount. All he has to do is wait, right? But how does he explain when he gets back topside that it wasn’t intentional? All it ends up doing is spurring more of his headache on, and he huffs an annoyed sigh at himself, pulling the blanket up over his head.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
You're like water, I can't hold you
Slip through my fingers, I can't control you
When he'd first woken up, Adam's concerns had been about painkillers and explanations and keeping his eyes shut, but now with Nate gone and time having taking away the worst of the ache in his head, he could look around the room and consider more about his situation. Sitting up, leaning on one elbow, the first thing his eyes naturally fell upon as he scanned the room was Sunjata, looking like he was trying to disappear under a blanket.

"Y'know, I can still see you're there." He said with a laugh, already scooting over to the side to make room. "C'mon, there's room for two. Nate's couch is very fucking uncomfortable, I know. ...Not that his bed is much better, but.." Adam shrugged; it was an uncomfortable he was used to and possibly had a few less bare springs than the couch.

He wasn't sure if he'd done it or Nate had, but his boots were on the ground next to the bed and he was still wearing everything else except his mask, which must have gotten lost in the panic. Sitting up, Adam detangled himself from the sheer fabric that had been carelessly wrapped around his torso, which was now becoming a constricting scarf as he moved around in bed.
I'm on fire with your crazy energy, it's lightning
Look what you do to me
Adam
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
He’d forgotten (or just assumed he’d fallen back asleep) that Adam was there. So as he tries to find a spot more comfortable and hears the bed creak behind him even through the threadbare blanket, he works his jaw. He doesn’t know if it’s a good idea to get tangled up like this even more, the amount of punishment for this mishap up top would be made even worse if anyone knew.

But he did know Adam wasn’t going to tell anyone. Nor Nate. So truthfully, what does he have to lose.

So he eventually sighs, tosses the blanket down and winces as he stands, conceding. At least Adam and the bed would be warm in comparison. He’d spent all night in the Drench in hardly any clothes at all.

It is pretty uncomfortable.” He mutters in his exhaustion, his voice causing another wince of pain from his headache. He slips under the blanket but still keeps his distance, sighing as the warmth reaches him and he sinks into it. “Thanks.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
By the time Sunjata came to the bed, Adam had wrestled his way out of the fabric and thrown it on the floor. He was hungry, but also very tired and still a little overwhelmed by the lights; he stayed laid down as the other man got into the bed, moving onto his back and putting his hands behind his head to stare up at the ceiling.

The bed was wide enough to fit two people, but only just: every time Adam had been in it before he had always been with Nate and therefore either having sex or cuddling. Now, trying to keep a polite distance, he realised it was basically impossible to lay comfortably without having a leg pressed against Sunjata's or an arm laid on his back. "It's cool. Uh.." Deciding fuck it, he let his hands rest against Sunjata's back so he wouldn't have to squeeze himself so much into the gap between Arbiter jr and the wall.

"Soo....you're stuck here, huh? Can't just go up to the elevator and be like 'duh, I'm the fucking Arbiter's son, let me back up bitches!'." He asked, already beginning to tap his fingers against Sunjata's back as natural fiddling took over.
Look what you do to me
Adam
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
There’s immediate tension when he realizes there’s little to no space, tension in his shoulders the second Adam’s hands find his back, and it causes him to draw into himself just a bit more. It’s likely because of the injury and his headache that he can’t compartmentalize the fact that the hands at his back are warm and gentle and he doubts Adam would do anything to hurt him anyway.

So as soon as those fingers start to drum, he relaxes a small amount and exhales a shaky breath. “They locked the tram up. Even if I could go up I’d have already been down here over twenty-four hours and I’m not sure I want to deal with everything up top to go back.” Was he even going to do anything of benefit going back up? Isn’t his plan to stay down here anyway? Yes. But he’s severely under prepared.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam's fingers beat out a vague tune softly on Sunjata's back; he wondered, as he looked at his hands before him, where his rings were - surely Nate wouldn't have let him lose them. None of them had been particularly valuable (in fact, many of them regularly turned his skin green) but they had been a part of his cool guy image, the most precious thing he had.

"Well, you got basically the best excuse in the world, right? 'Sorry dad, got caught up defending our Plates from the Drenchers and they got me, but I fought my way out'." If it were Adam's story, he'd sell it with a finale of Sunjata leaping to the elevator from a rooftop, grasping Drench hands just missing him as he fired a spray of bullets into the air.

Maybe he just didn't get what the Arbiter wanted. It seemed he rarely understood how the Plates worked, despite studying them for many years. "...Maybe not."

With a sigh, he stopped tapping and let one of his hands lay flat against Sunjata's shoulder blade. "...Least you're okay right now? Not dead?"
Look what you do to me
Adam
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Beneath Adam’s hand, the skin found there is soft, suntanned, freckled constellations dance along his shoulder blades. The rhythm the other man picks starts to soothe him further, the tension and the realization that nothing would likely happen to him here, it draws him out of himself a small amount. The conversation helps too, even if Adam didn’t have it quite right.

It does still spark a snort to leave him, though. One that shifts to a wince as he moves too fast for his side to handle and it pulls on the wound. There’s a sharp inhale that he tries to cover up by the quiet and muffled “Be some kind of Plate hero.” He drawls with a slight roll of his eyes. But the second Adam’s fingers stop their tapping and lay flat, Sunjata’s shifting a bit, leaning back as if to get a better view of the other man while inadvertently leaning against Adam.

The warmth is what makes it worth it to him, for the moment, as his head tilts slightly against the pillow to look at Adam. “Yeah, that’s something. But I left all my shit up there that I was hoping to have if I ever managed to get down here.” All he has is his little book. Everything else? In his hideaway spots up Plate side.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
"Whoa, careful-" Adam lifted his hand for a moment, hovering over Sunjata like he could do anything about the other man's pain. Thankfully, he seemed to recover quickly and as they moved closer, Adam automatically leaned forwards to put an arm around the other man's shoulder, either oblivious or uncaring about how it pressed them together.

He blinked a couple of times as Sunjata mentioned that he'd left 'shit' in the Plates. "...Like what? You got some magic wand that's gonna fix it all down here? I think you'd still be shit out of luck with all the props you could get right now. Sides-" Adam sat up a little, leaning over Sunjata with his hair falling out of the tuck behind his ear and framing his face, the glitter he had around his eyes from the night before still determinedly sparkling. "Maybe you should just enjoy this, is what I mean. Being here, where you don't have to be Arbiter Jr. Right now, you can just be Sunjata in a bed with uh, what was it, spider?" Adam laughed.
Look what you do to me
Adam
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
He was being careful, that was the problem. But as he flattens out and Adam leans in to rest against his shoulder, he soaks in the warmth as much as he can – unused to so much physical touch but deciding that if he wanted to seem like a little less like a touch starved child, he should take it when he can get it. So, he tilts, readjusting to better fit Adam’s weight on his shoulder to rest on, blinking over at him as he asks what kind of shit he had left top side.

But Adam continues, little edges of dark curls brushing against his skin, the smudged sparkles around the other man’s gaze nearly captivating the enforcer, enough that he does huff a brighter laugh at the nickname. “Yeah. Spider.” He sucks down a deep breath, chin tilting up for a moment before the arm not covered by Adam lifts to run through his short crop of hair, before pressing against his temple as his gaze slides back over toward the drencher. “I don’t know. I just had hoped when I got down here finally I’d have all my notes. All the research I’ve been doing. But.” He shrugs a little helplessly, jostling Adam with it before he exhales a sigh and his arm drops back to the bed, tucking in under his head.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
"All the research, ey? About the Drench? Cos like, I'm pretty sure you can just ask us whatever, man. People down here...they know a lot more about the Plates than your dad gives us credit for. And hey, I'm like, an information dealer or fuckin' something like that." Recently one would have been forgiven for thinking his main job was parkour and smoking broodily in alleyways, but there had been notes taken and radio parts prepared for when he could do a show again.

Sunjata moved beneath him, turning and pushing a hand through his hair; for the second time in the last day, Adam found his eyes drifting towards the other man's lips. It was a bad idea, absolutely a bad idea...but he was already half over Sunjata and shirtless. It was bascially already done.

"Hey, Sunjata..." He mumbled softly, beginning to lean down into the space between them.
Look what you do to me
Adam
Base Code by Sky!