This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Sunny Side Up
Private  — Ira
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
Just because I had an errant ambition
Just because I want a better life
"Paper umbrellas? Shit, I didn't know I was in a high class place." Adam joked, leaning back and looking around as if noticing the luxuries of the diner for the first time. His mocking was cut short by her question though, a frown overcoming his brow as he asked, genuine surprise in his voice: "You can eat flowers?" If the ones in the drinks had been edible, he had missed the opportunity, fishing them out and throwing them away as they unpleasantly touched his lips during sips.

Maybe that was why that Plates noblewoman had given him such a dirty look for it. Maybe he was meant to have eaten it.

Hungry as he was, it wasn't long before Adam had munched through his last piece of bread and placed the cutlery victoriously down onto the Plate, nodding with eyes closed and patting his stomach. "That was good. Thanks."

As for Sunjata...he scoffed at the idea of the Drench being another challenge for Platers (they would absolutely see it that way) and shook his head. "No, he's...here on his own. Well. Right now he's stuck I think. Cos of the shit after the party. But he actually seems to care about people." Adam shrugged. "I don't know if it's gonna come to anything. His dad sure doesn't like him. But he can see how shit it all is for us."
Just because I made poetry a mission
You might as well punish a kid for coloring outside the lines
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She snorts with a quiet laugh. "No, not this place. I meant a bar in the Neon Alley where I've got my night job. They are a bit more fancy than this place after having a few Plater patrons before all the chaos started." She smirks slightly. Part of her will miss those while they are not allowed down. A tiny bit of her. The Drenchers vs Platers arguments that happened some nights could be amusing. As for the flowers, she shrugs.

"Dunno. Maybe Platers do, who knows." If they were fine with drowning their kids, they could just as well be fine with munching on flowers too.

His complement about the food brings a smile to her face, a smile that fades when the talk about the Arbiter's son continues and she looks more concerned. "Hm... Well, I hope his dad's dislike won't cause us any trouble. You know, striking at us just because his son likes this place... What does he even want with being down here? When he isn't stuck, that is." It just sounds too good to be true that someone with that rank and family would truly care about those living in the Drench.
IRA

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Oh. Were they like, snooty tourist Platers, Platers where you're like 'if you don't like it so much why did you even come', or genuinely alright?" He doubted they'd been the third sort, but he'd seen it happen - rarely. Seeing young nobles from the Plates dare a night down in the Drench wasn't too uncommon, but one could usually spot them easily from the disgusted look on their faces and refusal to actually join in on any of the festivities they had come to see.

It was also easily to tell who they were because every pickpocket in the damn place would circle them like vultures.

As for Sunjata's presence leading to trouble with the Arbiter, Adam thought for a moment then shook his head. "Nah, I think..mostly Shaju just kinda ignores him and hates him from a distance. I mean, he passed his fucked up drowning test or whatever, but only just, so I guess that's not good enough." He shrugged. It seemed unlikely that Shaju would punish anyone else for Sunjata's actions, simply because he doubted the Arbiter cared all that much.

"He...has been doing some stuff to help...people..but ah, it's not the kind of thing I can just casually talk about." He glanced around at the other patrons, then to Ira, winked. "If you get me."
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She chuckles quietly and shrugs. "More or less, yeah. Either not realising or caring that we charge them extra for the drinks. They in turn provide some entertainment whenever some arguments start up between them and the Drenchers." A small smirk grows on her face. "Quite amusing to listen to what kind of creative insults drunk people can come up with. Until they become too rowdy and the man in charge decides to throw the Platers out. No matter which side started everything." Because really, why would they throw out the locals first. The Platers came in there at their own risk.

Talking about it makes her consider how incredibly boring the diner job is in comparison, but every bit of coin she could scrape together in the current situation made it worth it for now.

She listens to what Adam has to say, but is still not sure she dares to believe anything good at all could come from it, but she held back any more opinionated comments about the Bratena heir. Instead, she gives Adam a knowing look and a small smile, waving a hand dismissively. "Yeah, yeah. I get you." Sometimes it was safest to not sit on any more knowledge than necessary anyway and she decides to not pry for more information about the topic.
IRA

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Mm. It's the same up there, 'cept they throw us out." Not that Adam actually had much experience in Plates bars, but he'd heard the tales from Drenchers who'd gotten passes to venture up for a night of fun. Back when he was a kid, before he'd been quite so jaded, it had been something of a badge of honour to get up to the surface for a night, to see how the other half lived.

Thankfully, she didn't ask for any more information about Sunjata and what he was doing; maybe he was paranoid, but Adam felt like he could feel the eyes of the few customers there were in the diner on his back. To try and push off the interest, for a while he quietly sipped at his water, letting Ira get on with whatever chores she had behind the counter as he traced the pattern on the surface with his eyes. It was only when he was sure no one was looking that he spoke again.

"You ever listen to the radio? I uh, have a show. Haven't run it for a while, with the lockdown making it a fuckin' pain in the ass to get repair parts-" And much easier for enforcers to find him when he said shit they didn't like "- But I used to be on quite a lot. Played music and uh, talked sometimes. Anyway, I was thinking about havin' guests on eventually. You might see a lot, running a place like this. Would ya fancy it?"
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She goes back to working in silence for the moment. Or at this point, it is more pretending to work, as there was nothing more for her to do behind the counter other than moving things back and forth to kill time. Things sure are slow today. A couple of the costumers finished up and left. No one new had come in yet. Part of her did not mind, even if it was very boring she could see it as preserving energy until the evening.

When Adam speaks again, she shifts her attention back to him. A small frown forms on her face at the first question. "Listen to it sometimes, when I get the time to. Which is rarely. Not sure if I have heard you on it though... Might have? Can't tell if your voice sounds familiar or not." If she had heard him on the radio, she might just not have paid much attention. Just had it on as background noise most of the time.

As for coming on as a guest? Ira seems to consider the offer at first, then makes a small shrug. "Not sure... Not really shy at talking for people, but... I'll have to think of that one. Maybe I'll have an answer for you if I run into you another day." She is wary of just saying Yes to it before she has had a proper chance of tuning in to check what he is about.
IRA

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"I...think you'd know if you'd heard my show." Adam said with a chuckle. With the amount of curses, weird musical interludes and the fact it was on it's own illegal frequency...it was certainly distinctive, and not the kind of thing you listened to accidentally by staying on the mainstream stations too long.

It was probably for the best, given all that, that she listen to the show at some point before agreeing to come on. Adam nodded understandingly. "Yeah. Maybe wait to see if they drag me off for being up at the shitty party first." Given he'd been barely able to stand when the fighting had broken out, he doubted it, but you never knew when the Enforcers would decide you were prime for some punishment.

And on that note, he decided he ought to see how Sunjata or Nate were doing.

Standing up from the counter he thanked her again for the meal and after an embarrasingly long time spent rooting in his pockets, came up with another coin for a tip - a pitiful amount, but the sentiment was there.

{END}