This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hottest haunt in town
Private  — Uldren
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
Nighttime did not bring much relief and the nightlife only made it worse. Despite a couple of fans in the ceiling and the front door wide open, the bar is warm and stuffy. It is still early in the evening, which is both good and bad. Good: not too many people has shown up. Yet. Bad: the worst heat from the day is still lingering. Two from the staff take turns tending to the bar. All the movements with pouring drinks in at least a somewhat entertaining way with a few tricks must be an uncomfortable feat in this temperature.

Ira and two others try to be wherever they need to be and not giving in to the temptation of just sitting down in a dark corner of the back room. Their uniforms switched from the regular black pants and shirt, to a a more 'Kivan friendly' sleeveless crop-top to go with the pants. At least they are not made of any thick and heavy material. Not that the revealing uniform helped much to keep cool with all the running around.

Her hair is tied up in a messy bun (humidity sure does wonders for the hair!) and she does her best to keep a somewhat cheerful appearance. A small smile here and there to people while she moves around, leaving drinks on one table and picking up empty ones on another. After leaving her collection by the dishwasher, she takes a moment at the bar to just breathe and trying to not look too bothered. Subtly fanning herself with the empty tray. Scanning the room, she spots someone familiar in one of the corners. A small smirk grows on her face and she makes her way around people and tables.

"Hello, stranger. Can I get you anything?" She holds the tray under one arm and casually leans with her shoulder against the wall, looking down at Uldren with that smirk playing on her lips. Around her neck hangs a green stone. Or not really hanging, as the thin chain is more stuck to her damp skin at this point.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2023, 05:59 PM by Ira.)

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
// && my heart won't change if my head don't break,
i need a little bit of patience, 'cause we been going through changes //
Kivan had hit, and with it, it felt like a blanketed humidity coated the Drench. Sure, he’s experienced it a few years now, but this one seemed worse somehow (though perhaps it’s just because it’s been so long since, between the floods and the relatively easy Tanul they had.) Regardless, because of the whole riots up top, Uldren hasn’t managed to show up at the bar on a day that Ira was here, and there was a part of him that continued to show just on the hopes that she didn’t think he’d break that unsaid agreement.

Long story short, he’s spent a lot of his lasti buying a few drinks here day after day. So today is another one of those days where he isn’t sure if she’s even here – nestled up in the corner of the dark room, and different from the rainy spring-like days of the previous season, this one has him wearing far less layers. The familiar bag sits beside him, unzipped, with a sketchbook out on the table beside a beer while he works on a new type of setting design. The rings are still present on his fingers, as are the multitude of earrings set in each ear, but instead of a light shirt and a jacket, the Drencher wears a thin tank top, short enough that it could be considered almost a crop top length like hers should he stretch. His hair isn’t pulled back like hers, however, but it is pushed back and out of his face, damp against the back of his neck where his free hand hovers to keep it pulled away – in that strange in between before you can tie it up but after it doesn’t sit all along one’s face.

Her voice perks him up, though, verdant gaze lifting the second she arrives and immediately spies the familiar enough smirk. His gaze drops to the green stone before rising back toward her face, his full lips shifting into a smirk of his own. “Water, if y’don’t mind.” He begins, shifting a bit in his seat to seem less hunched over. “I missed you the last few times I dropped by here.” Entirely of his own fault alongside the bullshit that happened up top.

It's also been shit for business, which is why he’s currently haunting this booth rather than the one he sells from.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
Her smile grows a bit brighter when he looks up at her, fingers wiggling in a small wave. A more amused expression flashes over her face when his eyes drop down to the necklace. Before she can make any kind of suggestive comment about it, Uldren looks back to her face. "Yeah, things have been busy lately. If I was here at the same time, I was probably too occupied to notice." She gives him a more apologetic smile. It was her after all that had more or less asked him to show up and she did not want it to seem like she had just tricked him.

"I'll go find you that water." She pushes off from the wall and makes for the bar, only to stop under one of the ceiling fans. What follows goes so smoothly that is is obvious it is not the first time being done. Ira taps the shoulder of one of the taller patrons nearby and after a quick word, she is lifted up onto his shoulder and sits there, now within reach to adjust the settings on the fan to make it spin faster. Some cheers and whistles rises from people around in the bar. She is carried over to the second fan where she does the same, and is then gracefully put down over by the bar. With a bright laughter, Ira waves the patron off again and has a talk with one of the barkeepers.

Not a minute later she makes her way through the room again, only on foot this time, carrying a large beer glass filled with cold water. With a little colourful paper umbrella stuck in it as decoration! She sets it down on Uldren's table, on a safe distance from the sketchbook, and flashes him a smile. "One water for the gentleman in the corner."

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Well, we finally managed it.” Uldren hums with that very same amused smirk, head tilting slightly as they both shrug it off – no hard feelings at the very least. It might have taken an act of the saints to get here, but eventually (and finally) their paths had crossed again.

All he can offer is a nod as he watches her slip away from his table, disappearing for a moment through the people before he spots her raised up to the ceiling fan and he watches with clear amusement as she adjusts that one and then another. The sketchbook is nearly forgotten about as he waits, seeing how relatively free she looks here amongst her work and peers, and when she returns with the water and a tiny umbrella he can’t help the snort that leaves him, devolving into a soft chuckle.

A hand runs through his red and black hair, pushing it back before he reaches for the water with the umbrella, sliding it closer to him and the journal further away, immediately moving to pluck the umbrella from the drink to stick it into his mouth like it was any other toothpick. “A fancy water.” He comments, the umbrella twisting as his lips shift toward a smirk and he looks back up at her, lounges back and hangs an arm along the back of the booth, giving her his full attention. “It is cooler over here. I’m not a hermit. Promise.” A flash of a wink is sent her way, before he breaks into another amused laugh.

"Looked like that was fun." He adds belatedly about the little ceiling fan show.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
An equally amused smirk and expression is on her face. The little show and finding Uldren were together enough to brighten her mood to push the discomfort from the heat away a bit. His reaction over the umbrella has her laugh softly. "No boring water here." She half leans, half sits down on the edge of the table, slowly moving the tray back and forth to fan some air onto herself. "The coolest corner in the whole bar." Her amused smile grows with another chuckle.

She throws a look up at the fans and can't help looking proud over it. "It is fun! And way faster than trying to get a ladder out here. Gotta use the patrons for something!" The best part was that most patrons did not mind it either. The fun dynamic they had between them and the staff just made them come back. It also made the job much more bearable, despite being very hectic at times. And in these times, way too hot.

She flashes him a quick grin, then scans the room as if checking if there is something or someone in need of her attention. Everything seems clear for now, so she turns more towards Uldren. "Soo... How are things? Working on new designs there?" She nods at the sketchbook with a curious look

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Uldren watches as she leans and moves to fan herself with the tray, but he doesn’t comment on it. Instead, he simply keeps that amused smile on his face, the edge of a smirk as he toys with the umbrella toothpick he’d stuck in his mouth. “I got here early for a reason.” He teases, before his gaze departs her to return to the fans, humming his agreement.

It did sound like a huge pain in the ass to drag a ladder out here and make people move when there were enough tall people (he doesn’t consider himself one of them) to hoist her up to change the settings. It’s genius, really. Using the patrons also gave a bit of a repertoire within the bar, a story to be told later again and again.

Her question of his drawings, however, have Uldren sliding over as if she might sit with him while he drags the book back, flipping to the first design he’d started. “Good so far. Working on a Drenak collection.” As if the tear drop style mimicked the rain drops of the flood season, he rolls a shoulder and plucks the toothpick from his mouth to fiddle with it between his fingers. “How about with you? Did your dad ever find out about the necklace?” He asks with a casual smirk again, eyes dropping and chin nodding toward the one she wears.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
The faster spinning fans, in combination with the sun going down and away proper slowly made the air in the bar a bit more bearable. It did not go nowhere near cool. Still warm, but some of the heaviness eased up. Thought it would only last for as long as the bar does not fill up with more people.

When he makes room for her in the booth, she throws one more glance around the room, perhaps sharing a look with one of the barkeeps before sliding off the table and sits down next to Uldren. The tray is places vertically in her lap and she crosses her arms over its edge, resting on it as she leans forward to have a look at the drawing. "Looks pretty... Ah, I wouldn't mind some rain right about now. Would run out into the Dust Fields to welcome it." Kivan has barely begun and she was ready for it to be over. The floods were not a welcome part of Drenak, those she could do without.

The question about the necklace brings out another smirk and she lifts a hand to touch the green stone. "He has not seen it yet. I keep it with the bar uniforms and he never comes here. If he goes to bars, he chooses other ones. Maybe for the best. He might disapprove of me making big men carry me around on their shoulders." She says with a bigger smirk, amusement shining in her eyes.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Part of him expects her to say that she’s working and can’t sit with him. Part of him wants her to do it regardless of whether it was a good idea or not. So he’s infinitely pleased when she casts the glance around the room and slips into the booth beside her and he slides his notebook over toward her. “Replace the heat with rain and sign me up.” He agrees with a soft laugh, Uldren shifting slightly to prop his head up onto his fist to look at her more fully as she answers his next question.

So he’s a litttttle bit protective, huh?” He asks with sparkle of amusement in his green gaze, brow rising slightly as he considers it, before his gaze drops to the journal again. “If you’ve got ideas, by the way, I’ll take ‘em into consideration.” He pulls the pencil out of the book and taps at the empty space beneath the teardrop design. “Or material.” If she didn’t know how she’d want to design one, maybe she’d have an idea of the material used to make it.

And maybe he’s just being sly enough to make her something she’d really want to wear anywhere and be proud of. At no cost, of course, if it would upset her dear old dad.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
It is a bit uncertain if she is allowed to sit there or not. At least a short moment should be alright and as long as she did not neglect her job fully and she keeps a watchful eye on the room often. She stops to have chats with patrons every night, so this surely cannot be much different.

She glances sideways at Uldren with a hint of something more devious mixed in with the bright amusement. "A liiiittle bit. He sort of doesn't care much that I have this job, but if he got to decide I would have something way calmer." Her father means well. She had understanding for his opinions since she was the only family had had. But so far, he had never been overprotective.

Ira looks back to the design and presses her lips together in a more thoughtful expression, pondering ideas. "I'll have to think some on that... Oh, hold on." She puts a hand on his shoulder as she gets up and then swoops away through the room. Picking up empty glasses from tables she passes on her way to behind bar where she leaves them. While moving back and forth with glasses and bottles between the shelves and the counter, she seems to be having a conversation with one of the barkeeps. He in turn keeps throwing looks over to Uldren's corner with an almost shark-like grin on his face, until Ira leaves with a full tray again. She leaves them at various tables until no glass is left, and then makes her way back to the corner.

"Alright, I've got a few more minutes to spare now before the next round." She laughs as she sits back down next to Uldren. Her eyes flicker back to the sketchbook and she drums her fingers against the tray. "Hm... I do like greens and blues because they remind me of the sky and the blooming Tangles. Not very Drenak themed though... Are there any stones that are white and gray? Like, different shades at the same time? Like swirling rain clouds or something."

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He doesn’t know what it’s like, not really. As far as his parents were concerned, their son was off in the big city, selling gems and designs he was proud of, on his way to becoming the next Plate Jeweler. Little did they know his path had taken him in a different vein. They never came to visit either, so it wasn’t like he needed to worry about them finding out. He’d let them dream.

Her hand meets his shoulder as she goes to stand, beneath it she’d feel for the moment, strong muscles over a thick shoulder blade, slightly damp and sticky skin from the humidity but it’s cool to the touch with the increase of the fan. “Take your time.” He bids her, returning the toothpick umbrella to his mouth as he scans over the design again, glancing up when he feels eyes on himself. A dark brow rises in the direction of the bartender, but before long she’s beside him again.

His lips part to ask what that was about when she speaks and he thinks on it. “Moonstone is mostly fully gray. Then we’ve got, uh, obsidian that you can get speckled to look like clouds or a stormy sky.” The pencil rises to tap at his lips before he lowers it to jot down the thoughts. And once he has, he shifts a bit to face her fully. “Could do a larger shape of it, an oval sort of cut?
Uldren