This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
blood and water
Private  — Cian and Samuel!!
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
Sabotaged myself again, got a brain like a hurricane
So I ask myself, when will I learn?
No one knows what a mess I'm in
Cian shifts some more weight onto his right knee to take pressure off the aching left one. His shoulders rolling a few times in an attempt to get rid of the growing tension. As much as he wants to just sit all still and become invisible, it was getting difficult. His eyes drift from Samuel towards Sunjata when the latter explains his side of what happened. Cian could still feel that pressing feeling hanging over him that their words would not matter.

He waits until Sunjata is done and then reluctantly speaks up again. His voice still on the weaker side from all the anxiety. "I was towards the outside of the crowd on the side furthest away from the Enforcer line, so I managed to just make my way out of it all." He does not have a better explanation than that. It was more or less what had happened. "I did not stay around the Core long enough for anyone to push me back in." He decides to add as an extra detail as to why he had managed to escape getting trapped down in the Drench. He throws another glance at Samuel, then over once again towards Sunjata before his eyes settle on the floor in front of him.
CIAN
My mind feels like an archenemy

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
5'4"
Strategic Advisor
Inactive
SAMUEL
Once I hoped
To seek the new and unknown
As Sunjata testified, Samuel's brown tightened; he didn't believe him. The enforcers would not treat one of their own like that and Sunjata was so much more than an enforcer as the Arbiter's heir. He had heard that there was an injury, but who was to say when it was inflicted or who had caused it. For all he knew, this could be a prepared story with a wound Sunjata had given himself.

It was clear that he was not the only one frustrated either, Sunjata giving the floor a glare that would terrify most. Sam let his eyes linger on the angry young man but then snapped to Cian. His explanation of how he'd stayed on the Plates was fine, he not being the one the question had been targeted to catch, but now Samuel reached back to pick up the document he'd read from before.

"So, Mr. Ross, what manner of work do you do in Garanenz?"
This planet's overrun
There's nothing left for you or for me
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
i'm going back to my roots
another day, another door, another high, another low
rock bottom, rock bottom, rock bottom
Maybe he could have, if he was smarter and thought he could get away with it. But it’s ever clear that the truth and facts of what happened weren’t good enough. That Sam didn’t understand that while yes, he’s the Bratena heir, he’s weak and any enforcer wanting to jump the chain to do it better than he could would take the chance to take him out of the game entirely.

So he sits and glares at the floor, feeling Sam’s eyes on him briefly before the subject shifts to Cian and Sunjata’s head tilts a fraction toward the other man, wondering what he’ll say – given it’s a topic he didn’t know too much about himself when it came to his friend.

His friend whom he’s pretty sure doesn’t want to be his friend anymore.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
He feels the eyes upon him and his mind repeats the question over and over, trying to figure out why it was relevant to anything. He still has not figured out why he was even taken in, unless they just wanted another body to torment.

Without lifting his head much, he looks in the direction of Samuel again, but does not manage to make himself meet the other man's eyes. "I help out some in my family's shop... Help tending the store or doing technical repairs for people." He fidgets for a couple of seconds in an attempt to alleviate some of that crawling restlessness running through his body. "I also do minor mechanical repairs and maintenance on the trains and the like, and checks on the control panels for the transport systems." He silently thanks all the Saints in existence that he had never gotten caught for any of his illegal activities in Garanenz. Well, by anyone but his own family, at least.

He goes silent again and glances momentarily towards Sunjata. There is no anger in his eyes, nor any judgement. There is just fear and if anyone was to pressure him for the truth, he would admit to just wanting to hide behind the young Bratena until all this is over.
CIAN

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
5'4"
Strategic Advisor
Inactive
SAMUEL
Once I hoped
Sam had been trained for this, watched endless videos of interrogations and pinpointed when the subjects were lying; with Cian, he couldn't quite tell. It felt like mostly the truth, but that something was missing, something wasn't being mentioned. Was that whatever business he'd had with Sunjata?

Either way, at the moment he did not have enough evidence to detain them any longer. Sunjata had made a bad decision as an enforcer, would likely be punished with duties like cleaning toilets or patrolling the worst parts of the Drench, but had not done anything worthy of prison...yet. Cian would walk free, but he would employ an outfit to keep an eye on the foreigner in case of any further suspicious activity.

"Well. Both of you, in the future, had better consider your priorities. How you might better serve the Plates - especially you, Sunjata, with your future career and current placement as an Enforcer. How can you enforce rules upon others when you lack the discipline expected of your station?" Like he was chiding a little child, Samuel sighed and tutted, shook his head. "As for you, Mr. Ross, I would advise you keep away from trouble. We will be watching."

With that, he went to the wall and took the keys hanging off an iron hook, went to unlock the doors slowly and methodically, as if giving the prisoners enough time to wonder if he'd actually do it.
This planet's overrun
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
i'm going back to my roots
another day, another door, another high, another low
rock bottom, rock bottom, rock bottom
He seems to hold his breath when Cian speaks, even as he glares at the floor trying to figure out just how poorly this was going to go. What he doesn’t expect, though, is for them to get released, for Samuel to offer a chiding remark just like his father, one that has him exhaling that held breath in a sigh, eyes shutting tight as he knows just how badly its going to go the second he gets back to POINT. If Sam thought his chiding was reasonable, Shaju’s would up it tenfold into hell.

The second Sam starts to move, however, his eyes are back on the investigator, watching as he slowly makes his way toward the wall to take the keys down and toward the cell to unlock it. Sunjata rises stiffly, stepping over to help Cian up (it’s the least he can do), and works his jaw as he keeps his gaze lower from Sam (after all, he was a superior to him, even if their purposes were different). “I will speak with my father.” He says as resigned as he can, knowing it wasn’t going to be a good conversation.

Or a conversation at all. He won’t be able to say a single thing. He works his jaw and waits for the door to be open before stepping through the cell gate slowly.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
He waits, glancing at Samuel in a try to judge how the other man would recieve the information. Waiting for whatever else would happen. And what happens is that they are free to go. With his current high level of anxiety, Cian finds it very difficult to believe. Is it a trap? A paranoid part of his mind tries to tell him it is.

Keep away from trouble. It almost makes a self-depraved laugh leave him, but he turns it into a quiet huff and subtly shakes his head. Please, join the fucking club of telling me that as if it is going to work. He is wishing it worked. That it was that simple for him to just behave. He wants to, and yet he fails at it. But perhaps it would be easier now with eyes watching him. He could only hope.

He lifts his gaze to Sunjata and mutters a 'Thanks' through gritted teeth at the same time he tries to stand, realizing how bad his knee is. The pain flares up even more when he finally gets to stretch the leg up and he tries to put some weight on it. The knee having had plenty of time to swell and stiffen from him kneeling on the floor after taking that sharp blow to the back of it. Limping badly, he slowly follows Sunjata towards the freedom while keeping a guarded eye on Samuel. Not trusting the man one bit.
CIAN

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
5'4"
Strategic Advisor
Inactive
SAMUEL
Once I hoped
Both of them gave him dirty looks, but Sam took them in stride, staring back at both men with the cold indifference it took to reach his position in the Plates military. Cian he was mostly unconcerned with, but the chance Sunjata had and how he was squandering it was infuriating; none of that anger showed, but in the slow and methodical way he shut the door and locked it, there was something of the simmering cold anger in him.

Samuel watched them walk down the corridor and turn the corner, then sighed, leaning on his cane, finally allowed himself to use it's support fully. Had he done the correct thing? What bothered him was not any flimsy moral quandry about imprisoning the two, but if he should have done more to keep them in the jail cell. They had had nothing on them he could have used, only suspicious timing and in one case a track record of being a disappointment, but neither of those things were crimes.

Hopefully, soon they would be back with proof of their misdoings.

{END}
This planet's overrun