This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Life comes our way
Private  — Uldren<3
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
His response to not having to climb inside makes her chuckle softly. Should there be any trouble later, she will just have to deal with then. Right now, she doesn't want to start making up scenarios in her head. It had enough to think of already and worrying about more wouldn't help.

She catches his surprise, but gives him a small smile as he responds with a 'You're welcome'. Some more of her insecurity about it fades as he continues and she glances aside briefly, as if a bit embarrassed that she had thought worse of him to begin with. "I've had worse experiences, so..." She pauses, then shakes her head as if to push some thoughts away and looks back to him with a bit brighter smile. "Well, good to know I won't scare you off, because I like you too. Besides, I know where you live if you try to escape now." She teases and a more familiar, teasing smirk spreads over her lips as she squeezes his hand in return.

They come up to the cart and at this point, she would be happy enough with just a mug of plain ice if that was to be everything left. Luckily, the cart is indeed not sold out and she looks over what options there are before picking out one with citrus flavour. "Looks like we can survive the last of the way now. We might not have to scale the wall, but the stairs up to my floor always feel way too long."

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
roll me up and smoke me, love, and we can fly into the night
you take drugs, to let go, and figure it all out on your own
She confirms his suspicions over having worse experiences, and he’s half tempted to tell her that he’s here now and that things would change, but she teases him after and she sounds more like himself, so he refrains from adding anything else to bring the subject back into more dour circumstances. So instead, Uldren snorts, a soft laugh slipping from his lips as he rolls a shoulder. “And you know my usual haunts. I suppose that makes you the kidnapper now, huh?” He sticks his tongue out at her as he had times before, the silver ball of the tongue ring glinting against the faint light as they reach the slushie cart.

As she picks something with citrus, he picks something a hint more sweet in the form of strawberry, before paying the vendor in Lasti as they make their way away from it. His hand remains in hers as they get started toward her place, letting her guide him since he doesn’t know exactly where she lives. “I’ll take stairs over wall scaling any day.” He hums another soft laugh. “And we’ve got nice cool drinks to keep us going.” He raises his in a mock toast, before taking a sip.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
Another soft chuckle leaves her and she seems content with continuing on the more lighter, joking subject for now. Less happy topics could come another time, right now she could use some smiles. "Seems only fair to take turns with the stealing." Her eyes narrows at his his pierced tongue and it looks like she is almost about to lean in to catch it with her mouth, but decides to behave. Won't do with scaring the poor slushie vendor now.

They get their cold drinks and she takes the lead through the alleys, raising hers as well and takes a careful sip to begin with just to check what her stomach decides to think of it. When it doesn't instantly turns itself, she takes a proper sip and sighs softly in relief from the cold. "The wall isn't too bad, but yeah, right now I prefer the stairs." She takes them around a few more turns before steering them towards one of the buildings ahead.

"Just up there now." She points up to a apartment on the fourth floor at the corner of the building, its door reachable from an access balcony going from the stairs going up on the other side of the building. "And that is the climb I'll spare you from." She adds and points to a window facing a small alley around the corner from the door. There looks to be a mix of parts of service ladders and other small ledges and windowsills to get up to it. Still holding onto his hand, she takes them over to the stairs and starts the climb up.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He also thinks it’s completely fair that they swap around who kidnaps who. At least it meant that they were both still interested enough to do the kidnapping. So he hums a soft laugh in response as they pick their flavors and he pays and he lets her guide the way to her apartment. They’re in agreement on the stairs as they take the little winding path, his hand still in hers as he intermittently sips from the drink, focusing on the path they take to try and commit it to memory.

As she gestures to the climb she’s sparing him from, his gaze follows the line of service stairs and ladders and windowsills to climb up on and Uldren huffs another laugh. “I appreciate that.” A playful grin is shot her way as she takes him to the stairs and they start their ascent. He realizes what she means quickly by the stairs being a lot, and he finds himself trying to cool off more with the sips from the cool slushie as he goes, green gaze scanning each level as they go up and up to her floor.

And he realizes quickly he is not at all in shape with the way he pants by the time they reach her floor.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She takes the stairs in a slow and steady pace, probably going slower than she usually would. It still manages to make her winded and her shirt sticks to her before they have even reached the level they need to be on. She pauses at the top to drink as much of the slushie she can without causing her stomach to complain about it, then leads Uldren along the walkway to the door at the far end.

She lets go of his hand to dig out the keys and unlocks the door, peeking inside as if to check, then opens the door to drag Uldren with her inside into the hallway. "Still just us." She announces as she locks the door once they are inside. There is another door directly to the right as they come in which she unlocks with another key. The bedroom is dark, apart from the faint glow of a string of tiny lights close to the ceiling along a wall. She finds the switch for the ceiling lamp and steps aside to let Uldren in.

It is a small to medium sized room, with not much floor space left. A large couch takes up most of the wall to the right of the door (and would have been in the way if the door didn't open outwards). Below the window opposite from the door stands an armchair covered up by a large blanket. It looks to have been more or less forced into the small space between the couch and the foot end of sturdy looking wide bunk bed. A desk is fitted in the space below the mattress up top and in the far end of the room is a door leading to a tiny bathroom.

"Welcome to where I normally spend too little time." She says with a soft chuckle and crosses the room to drop her keys and phone off on the desk. A package of cigarettes is fished up from another pocket, probably what she had subconsciously been reaching for several times earlier, and she tosses it away into the far corner of the desk as it to just get it out of sight. Then she finally turns back towards Uldren again.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2023, 05:56 PM by Ira.)

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Finally, before he can fully give up on the task of reaching the floor she lives on, they’re there, and Uldren breathes a humid breath of relief the second that he follows her down the hallway rather than up yet another flight of stairs. His shirt clings to him too, but it’d likely be worse if he didn’t have the drink in hand as he does.

Their hands part and it gives him time to push back his black and red dyed hair out of his face, waiting until she gives the all clear before he’s dragged inside. He takes it all in, namely the lock to her own door that he doesn’t have on his. It makes sense, though, he’d prefer that if he still lived with his parents. But he steps in after her, looking up to see the lights that dance along the wall by the ceiling before her turning on the overhead lights give him more of a peek into her life.

It does look lived in, at the very least. And while she didn’t typically spend a lot of time there as she’s told him before, it still does look like a little piece of her. He makes his way further in, taking it all in before setting the slushie (a quarter of it left from the hike up here) on the desk. He focuses on the mattress up above the desk a brief moment before he turns back to her with a small crooked smile. “Can’t imagine crawling up those stairs to get to bed when I’ve had a little too much at the bars.” He opts to say with a soft huff of a laugh.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She leans against the ladder going up to the bed and sips slowly on her slushie while she watches him having a look around the room. Before she was juggling two jobs, she had spent at least a bit more time in the room over the years, so it doesn't look completely abandoned. She follows his gaze up towards the bed and huffs softly. "Ooh, the many times drunk me have been standing on the second floor debating with myself over if it's perfectly fine to just lie down and sleep on the spot." She smirks and shakes her head, and puts her drink aside as well before going over to turn on a fan standing in the corner behind the door.

"Too many times I've just come in and crashed on the couch before I have to be out again. It's actually quite comfortable for it!" She proceeds to kick her boots off into the corner and drops herself down into said couch, pulling her feet up after her. Her smirk slowly fades as as she looks around the room. The thoughts of the recent many stressful days spent in it seeping back into her mind. She takes a deep breath and leans her head against the back of the couch and focuses on the ceiling.

"So... Should we just get the serious talk out of the way first?" Part of her did not want to have that discussion at all, but having it looming over her doesn't' feel nice either. The sooner the better, probably.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2023, 05:45 AM by Ira.)

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He didn’t even think about the floors to get here, so when she acknowledges the thought of sleeping on the second floor instead of making it up the rest of the way, Uldren rumbles a soft laugh of agreement. She sits on the couch, however, explains it’s comfort and some smaller smile crosses his face until the mood seems to shift — but he’s already stepping toward the couch to join her, taking his boots off before he sinks into a cushion beside her.

He leans back, letting the fan work to cool him off as her mood changes, as she begins to speak of the difficult conversation, and any amusement in his gaze drops with it as he continues to scan the room if only to avoid piercing her with his gaze nonstop. “I think it’d be easier that way.” He agrees with a soft sigh, tucking a leg up under his other one as he casts a sidelong glance toward her.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She feels really bad for changing the mood and she would have preferred it if they could have continued on with the smirks and laughs. So she keeps her gaze on the ceiling when Uldren comes over and sits down next to her, then she shifts to look down into her lap instead. One hand rises to fidget with some of her hair that falls in front of her face as she hangs her head down. She wants to start apologizing for everything again, but forces herself to think through what to even say. Or more how to say what she already knows needs to be said.

"I suspect we both know what to do... I mean, sure... There's more than one option, but at the same time not." She starts in an almost cautious manner. "This wasn't even meant to happen, but...." She almost says something to blame herself for it, but bites it back and sighs. "There's no realistic way to be able to keep it. Don't even really want to. Wasn't exactly on my list of current life goals. Just not very thrilled over having to do what I need to do. But there's no choice, really."

She falls silent again and chews on her lip while twisting the strand of hair around her fingers. Anxiously waiting to hear what Uldren might have to say about the whole thing. Silently wishing she could just snap her fingers and it would all be over and done so they could go back to happier times.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2023, 03:51 PM by Ira.)

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He’s silent as he waits for her to respond, working his jaw as the seriousness of the conversation comes to the forefront of his mind. He casts glances toward her, noticing the way her head hangs, the way she looks as if she might draw into herself enough to become small enough she might disappear completely. So he reaches out once she starts, already knowing which way this was going, and he rests his hand on her leg gently.

He takes a deep breath when it seems like his turn to speak, and he fully looks at her with bright green eyes, his gaze uncluttered by conflict. “I don’t think it’s really my place to say what you should or shouldn’t do, y’know?” He pauses, because he knows that’s not an answer. “If you want to get rid of it, I’m there to support you. I’ll even go with you if that’s what you want.” His fingers run a gentle line along her knee.

It’s not gonna make me think less of whatever this is.” His hand lifts between them to gesture between them and his lips twist into a small smile. “I like you a lot.
Uldren