This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Life comes our way
Private  — Uldren<3
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
Her fingers slowly make their way along his jaw again while their lips remain locked together, continuing around to the back of his head and into his hair to keep him close after the kiss is broken and she puts her forehead against his as well. His clarification brings another smirk to her lips. "Of course. M'sure we both can get creative in all sorts of reasonable manners." She teases back and runs her fingers through his hair.

A jolt goes through her at the sudden sound of the front door being unlocked and Ira almost holds her breath as she listens to the steps moving in and then stopping. She mumbles 'keep walking' under her breath repeatedly, then it turns into a string of quiet curses when there's a knock on the door. "What?!" She snaps towards the door with an unusual annoyance as if on reflex and she seems to catch her own mistake the moment she speaks instead of pretending to not be home and she presses her jaws together.

"You still home? You haven't worked for days now, have you?" Comes what must be her father's voice from the other side of the door. When Ira calls back, there is a strained kind of mock friendliness to her voice. "Just been some mix up with everyone's schedules. On both jobs at the same time. Crazy how that happens, right?" Her father seems to be picking up on the tone. "You sounds way too nice. What have you done?" "Done nothing! Just... Alright, I'm having company over, so how about we bury the hatchet for a day for the sake of hospitality. Deal?" She calls back and slowly works her jaws.

There's is a few seconds of silence, then a more tired response from her father. "You're the one with the hatchet, but if it'll give me some peace, please keep them around. I'm just here to pick up something I forgot, so we'll talk more later." And with that, he moves on into the apartment and comes back soon again. "Saints help your company, though!" He calls out as he walks by outside the bedroom and Ira looks like she is about to bite back, but her father is out the front door again before she gets the chance to.

She exhales slowly once they are alone again. "I'd say that went... Well." She mumbles and clears her throat, focusing back on Uldren with a bit of an apologetic look.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
roll me up and smoke me, love, and we can fly into the night
you take drugs, to let go, and figure it all out on your own
His eyes flutter shut as her hand runs through his hair again, offering a soft little “mhmm,” that doesn’t last too long when she jolts and Uldren’s heartbeat immediately races, watching her and listening to the quiet mumble to keep walking. He wills his heartbeat to calm down at the realization that it’s just her father, especially as his voice comes from the other side of the door.

Uldren remains silent; continuing gentle and comforting little strokes along her side; refraining from getting involved as he half watches her, half lets his gaze focus on the door, wondering if her father would attempt to open it. There’s a quiet and breathy sort of laugh that leaves him the second her father departs, his head pulling back from hers to raise an eyebrow at her.

Well enough, I guess. He’s got no clue who I am, still.” Which was probably for the better if he had to be honest. His mind races and dances over the whole Saints help your company, unsure where to even start picking that apart. So instead he simply shifts, rolling himself a smidge more onto his back, letting the parting of their body allow some semblance of a cool breeze from the fan against his sweat slick skin. “How long do y’think he’ll be gone?” He asks curiously.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
The small strokes long her side might help keep her from tensing up too much and once the front door is closed and they are alone, that sudden annoyance that flared up in her disappears as well. "Not yet, at least. But he seemed to accept my peace offer, so he'll probably be fine with you if it means I'll play nice." She says with a soft huff, but there is a small twitch at the corner of her mouth and she shakes her head.

He rolls more onto his back and she remains on her side, propping her head up on a hand to look at him. She gives a small shrug to the question. "My guess, a few hours at least. Neither of us usually come home early and since he knows I'm here, he might stay out a bit longer. Why?" Her free hand reaches out to rest on his chest again and she lets out a small sight.

"And sorry about the sudden snapping, by the way. She adds quickly. "I hoped he'd just walk by and not even bother checking." She keeps her gaze away from his face while talking, appearing a bit awkward about it and her her fingers tap idly where they rest against his chest.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
A low rumbling hum leaves him as the words ‘play nice’ leave her lips, his own twitching up in a slightly amused smile at the thought of it. “Am I already good at taming you?” The joke comes easily, because as his green gaze dances sidelong toward her, he finds that there’s very little he could do to temper that fiery spirit within her, part of the reason he was always so drawn to her.

But as she twists his question onto him and he rolls a bit more onto his back, relishing the cool air that drifts against his warm sticky skin, Uldren shrugs a shoulder. “Jus’ curious, s’all.” He drawls before a yawn slips from him, one he tries to hide away at first before realizing it’s pointless.

Her apology does have his head tilting back toward her though, the rise of an eyebrow offered for a brief moment. “You don’t have to apologize.” He starts, pausing briefly as he tries to pick up the thread he’s started. “We’re lucky my sister didn’t drop by last time, otherwise I’d do the same.” He flashes her a soft grin, as if that was answer enough.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She huffs at his joke, but listens through what more he has to say, before pushing herself up a bit more on her arms to lean in over him as he rolls onto his back more. "Wouldn't call it taming me, I'd dare you to try that." Her hair falls down to tickle his face and she chooses to not move it out of the way immediately, the small smirk still twitching at the corner of her mouth. "More me wanting to spare you our usual way of talking to each other. Or failing to... He believes I can't be nice. Even comments sometimes how he can't understand how I can keep either of my jobs with my awful attitude." There is a sort of bitterness trying to make its way into the tone of her voice. "I'm suspecting that was what his last comment was about. Pitying you or something."

Her hands move to be placed on either side of Uldren's head, after she finally pushes her hair behind her ears again. "Guess he's only got experience with me interacting with him and no one else, so he's only got that to go on." She adds, shaking her head slowly and throws a glance towards the door before looking back down at Uldren.

"You and your sister not on good terms either, or just an issue when you're being interrupted?" She asks with some amusement in her voice and tilts her head a bit to the side, eyes scanning his face while she keeps herself held up over him on her arms, even as her eyes keeps flickering towards his lips as if it's a struggle to keep herself away from them for a longer period of time. But it would be difficult to have any kind of conversation if she didn't.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Uldren can’t help but to flash her his most charming grin, both in challenge and playfulness. “Give me time, Ira.” He teases her, humming a laugh as she leans over him and her long hair tickles along his face. He makes no move to move it, though, not unless it came down to him having to sneeze. But for the moment, the way she hovers above him and speaks, placing her hands on his face, she has his full undivided attention. “He’s got little faith, huh?” He asks, cocking his head slightly into her touch, just enough to press his cheek into the palm of her hand gently.

As for him and his sister? He takes a deep inhale, hands moving to run along her sides now, almost as if debating how far to go back. “It’s not that we’re not on good terms. She’s just… My little sister and she has a tendency of challenging my thoughts on how things should go.” Not that it was a bad thing, per say, but it made it difficult when it was things Uldren had experience with when she did not. “We’ll get into little arguments over stupid shit. Then make up. Then another argument. A never ending cycle.” His shoulder shrugs, but he doesn’t shy away from watching her face, trying to see her reaction to the tidbit of information he’d offered.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
His grin is met by an amused look at first. She has all the time in the world to give him, not having any plans to be rid of him anytime soon. His question then brings a more serious look to her face and she shakes her head. "Where to even start that story..." She mumbles and gently strokes her thumbs against his cheeks and lets him continue on about his sister while she gathers up what to tell him in return.

His hands sparks a small shiver to run through her and new goosebumps to follow, but she remains focused on him, nodding slowly in some acknowledgement. She can't relate to the sibling part, but certainly to the cycle of arguments. "Seems a bit familiar, somewhat. Apart from it being stupid shit... Maybe it depends on who you ask." She takes a small breath and exhales in a sigh before she decides to pick up on his earlier question.

"With me and dad... Started when mom passed when I was nine and he took it really hard. Hard enough to more or less disappear from my life as well, if at least emotionally. Barely home, no time for me. Not letting me talk about what had happened even." She pauses for a few seconds, working her jaws slowly. "I'm still not able to even mention her to him. And he acts as if I'm the one that needs to move on and and I don't know... Forgive him without him having to do anything, when he's the one that refuses to move on and not acknowledging that he's done anything wrong. I'll make peace when he decides to actually sit down and talk to me about everything."

She takes another slow breath and remains rather calm while talking, even if there is some tension to her voice. "Not saying he wasn't allowed to mourn her back then, but don't fucking neglect your child to do it. For this many years. But it doesn't help that I remind him too much of her now either. Got similar looks... Similar health issues." She mutters the last part a bit through her teeth as if she struggles to say it to herself even, then continues with another sigh.

"And he can't deal with it. And it just creates more tension and we both just end up snapping if we try to have a conversation for too long." She falls silent and closes her eyes for a moment, as if realizing she had just kept talking for a while and she shakes her head slowly, giving Uldren another apologetic glance.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
A low hum leaves Uldren’s lips, his hands continuing their idle strokes along her sides as he peers up at her, listening as her story begins. At first, there’s the gentle “I’m sorry,” that leaves him at the start, after she tells him of her mother’s passing. As she continues, however, Uldren remains watchful of her, soothing her when he can sense the tension and nerves rise up.

Suppose I can’t say whether he’d be happy or horrified to see this Undunli rat sweeping you away, hm?” He tries to lighten the mood before he hums yet again, shifting to pull her down against his chest, to get their skin to touch despite the heat. “But, I’m willing to sit in the line of fire if it keeps you from getting snapped at.” He noses up to press a soft kiss to her cheek and her nose.

But there’s one thing that lingers and he tries to be gentle when he asks. “Health issues?” It’s a quiet breath of a question; one she doesn’t have to answer unless she wants to.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She feels a bit bad for spilling it out over him like that, but she isn't used to being the one talking and once she started it just all come pouring out before she knew it. At work, she's paid to serve drinks and listen to other people talk (or pretend to) so they'll stay and buy even more drinks. At home, she's mostly shut down and her previous company hadn't been much better. So she can't help to feel anxious about it at first, but Uldren does manage to soothe that anxiety away once more. With his gentle strokes and the way he just continues to be calm.

The comment about sweeping her away brings a small smile to her lips. "He can have whatever opinion he wants about that, I'll let you sweep me away as much as you like." She chuckles softly and lets herself rest more against him when he pulls her down. Her slender frame and smaller weight should not be much of a problem for him. "I wouldn't want you to be dragged into it... But I appreciate it." She closes her eyes to the kisses on her face with a small sigh.

He asks about the health issues and her eyes remains close for a moment longer, some of the tension returning to her for a few breaths. She's not too surprised to get the question; she did bring it up to begin with even if she often tries to deny its existence at all. "Both mom and I... We got ill often. I still do. Drenak conditions are rarely kind enough." She starts slowly and opens her eyes again. "Colds, coughs. Trouble breathing. That sort of thing. Was what got her... One pneumonia too many and her body not strong enough for it."

Her shoulders rise in a small shrug, a mix of her trying to dismiss it and trying to huddle up a bit. "It's not as bad for me, even if dad acts as if I'm about to drop dead every time I cough." Her eyes focus back on Uldren after they had slowly started to grow distant. "And don't you dare start doing that too, hm? I'll be fine." If it's a fact or just her trying to reassure both of them is difficult to tell.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Count me in, then.” Uldren admits with another soft huff of a laugh, working his best to try and soothe her worries and fears away. It only works a little bit, enough that he knows it hasn’t quite hit the target he’d hoped, and he leans up to press a kiss to her nose and cheek again, letting his hands continue their idle strokes to pair alongside it, telling her without his words that he was there for her regardless of what happened or didn’t happen.

He hums a note of understanding as she explains that it’s the sickness of the dark, dreary weather of Drenak, and Uldren pulls back to peer at her face even if her eyes are closed and she shrugs it away as if it means nothing when it meant quite a lot.

Pneumonia’s pretty common where I’m from, too.” For different yet similar circumstances. “Lots of the miners get it.” And it has to be treated and taken care of, and if it’s a case that just won’t go away? Well, then the miners got to spend the last however long amount of time with their loved ones. “So long as y’do what they did, and go and see a doctor when it starts gettin’ bad, you’ll hear no complaints from me.” He flashes her another playful, winning smile, bright and full of teeth.
Uldren