This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
another dollar, another day
Private  — Adam!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
hey mr. trailblazer, spare you a joint paper
it's strange how the days layer, and weigh on you years later
It’s news to Uldren, that perhaps the Drench Kings weren’t as involved as he’d thought they’d have been. But of course, he hasn’t been here long and the second he learned of them he just assumed they dealt with the majority of Drench issues, and it was likely a fault on himself for putting things onto anyone but himself for fixing the problems they faced each day. After all, he was a nobody compared to the Drench Kings.

But that’s neither here nor there, and Uldren winces his agreement before stubbing his cigarette out by dropping it to his side and stamping it out with his boot before he leans back in his chair. “Yeah. Though, I know I’m not from here but that doesn’t mean we both aren’t still on the same team.” The Underdogs, of course, shifting and changing and never getting beaten down.

He perks up, though, and flashes Adam a small playful smirk. “Might I suggest Undunli for a place to escape to, if you ever did?
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
Just because I had an errant ambition
Just because I want a better life
Adam smiled faintly at Uldren saying they were on the 'same team', though he wasn't sure how well the sentiment actually held up. Sure, being poor and trodden on was the same the world over, but he'd also seen how selfish and opportunistic oppression could make the oppressed. Hell, as he'd said, he himself would be running and not thinking about anyone else if he weren't already so enmeshed in Drench life.

As for escaping to Undunli, he grinned and made a 'maybe' face. "Sell it to me a bit. Whatcha got there that's better than here? Can I still fuck dudes and smoke shit?" Those were important tenets of his life, after all.

The cigarette stub was dropped to the ground and crushed under his boot, Adam hardly caring about adding more mess to the already-filthy Drench streets.
Just because I made poetry a mission
You might as well punish a kid for coloring outside the lines
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
It sounded like the pretty thing to say, truthful to an extent even if they both didn’t know how far the offer would extend. So Uldren is thankful when the conversation shifts to be about Undunli, the gem’s dealer cutting Adam a bright playful grin as the other man requests him to sell it to him and asks a few questions.

His boot finds its way to becoming propped up, hands lacing behind his head after he brushes away the rogue dyed red tendrils. “Oh yeah. Nobody gives a shit about that. Mostly mine workers there, so everyone’s a little dirty but we’re the first to find and see the gems when they’re dug up, some people end up in the caverns seeking out pigments for Palladol. But if you’re not working we’ve got a pretty good little city scene. I used to spend most of my time at dive bars.” He shrugs a shoulder and flashes a grin at Adam. “People seem to be just as bold there as they do down here. Cept the only downside there and the biggest complaint is work.” Not just living in the equivalent of a mine. Perhaps that’s why Uldren felt comfortable here. Undunli was similarly heavy handed like the Platers were, just less strict.

Best sunsets I’ve ever seen though.” Glinting off the city in the distance, glimmering on the rocky hills and slight sandy tone alongside the roads.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
Just because I had an errant ambition
Just because I want a better life
"Huh. It sounds...nice." Of course, hearing about any place and actually being there were two different things, but from what Uldren had described Adam was beginning to actually put that suggestion to go to Undunli in the back of his mind. Not any time soon, but...if things got any worse, working in a mine didn't sound too bad compared to having to deal with the Plates.

(A lot of people would be fast to point out Adam had never actually done a days hard labour in his life, but he would tell them to shut the fuck up).

Sunsets weren't really something one got a great view of in the Drench; as much as Adam would have normally said he didn't care about stuff like that, somethin about the nostalgia in Uldren's voice pulled at him a bit, made him wonder what it would have been like to grow up under a normal sky. He sighed, pushing himself up off the wall with one foot.

"Well, if you ever go back for a visit, maybe I'll tag along." A wink, then he looked down the street. "I'd better go. I'm trying to avoid patrols...haven't really done anything, but it's best to lay low."
Just because I made poetry a mission
You might as well punish a kid for coloring outside the lines
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
There’s a part of him that’s genuinely pleased to know he’d sold the idea of Undunli as well as he had. If for no other reason than the other man has no smart ass remarks to make about it – a simple it sounds nice and Uldren realizes he’s succeeded. But in truth, you couldn’t really compare with a place like this. In fact, if you weren’t Plate side, the whole area seemed hellish to begin with, the constant shadows, neon lights, smog, pressure built up from a too heavy handed government.

Uldren sighs at the thought, shakes his head to clear out any lingering thoughts, and when Adam suggests he might tag along for a visit, Uldren can’t help the brighter smile that blooms across his face. “Yeah, sounds good.” He’d happily play tourist with Adam if only to see just how much he could get the other man to realize that there’s so much more out there, even for those rats at the bottom of a barrel like they were here.

Oh yeah, you’re absolutely right.” The Enforcers here didn’t really need a reason to ruin ones day. So Uldren leans forward, collecting his gems and goods, tucking them into his bag and offers Adam a wave as he departs, shortly before the gem’s dealer, too, slings the bag onto his back and heads back home before the curfew starts.

(Done! <333)
Uldren