This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
I fell in a concrete jungle
Private  — Nate!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
It has only been a few minutes since Adam left him there, leaning against the wall outside the door to the clinic, but it almost felt like an hour to Cian. Standing there with his eyes closed and waiting for his head to stop splitting into pieces and for his knee to stop burning. Or it is the other way around. Or a mix of both. Part of him is almost considering trying to make his way down the stairs again and not be of any trouble, but on the other hand, Adam had gone through all the trouble already to get him up here.

With a quiet groan, Cian straightens up from the wall and makes sure his balance is at least somewhat working despite his head spinning from a wonderful mix of alcohol, heat and lack of proper sleep. Sprinkled with some lingering stress from the morning's events on the top. He slings his bag over a shoulder with another groan before he opens and limps his way inside to the clinic. Trying to use his left leg as little as possible without completely hopping on only one leg.

"Hello?" He asks cautiously before even looking up properly to see if anyone is within sight. He must pain a bit of a sad picture at the moment. A bit dirty and bruised after being slammed face-first into the diner floor and then stepped on, his knee feeling messed up from the blow and him generally looking defeated and like he has not slept in a season.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
It’s hot in the clinic, painfully so, and Nate would give nearly anything to be anywhere else. Today though, of all days, he has no choice. With the shit show that was the Feast still a recent nightmare he’s had more walk in patients than usual. If he has to say the words ‘I can’t do anything more than give you something that might ease the pain’ one more time he will snap.

There’s a break in the flow though, a moment of pause where the clinic is relatively quiet and he has a chance to shove something in his mouth. Or, he should have the chance. What comes instead is a soft voice from the back entrance, one that he doesn’t recognize.

Irritation and bright light both stream into the room when the door opens, Nate standing at the mouth cutting as imposing a figure as he can, though it seems he needn’t have bothered. Whoever’s been deposited on his back step is already beaten halfway into the ground. His shoulders drop just a little, fingers twitching with the urge to look over the stranger, but paranoia keeps Nate where he is. “Who are you?
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
He's got enough time to consider once more if he should just leave and find some dark alley to hide away for an unknown amount of time when a door opens and he squints at the tall figure appearing in the light. It doesn't exactly make him feel much more certain of the situation. He even begins to take a step back, on the wrong leg without thinking and quickly readjusts his weight to the other as his knee painfully complains.

"Sorry, I... Name's Cian and... Adam hauled me over here and uh... Left me outside the door before he had to escape. Something about your bed..." He pauses to clear his throat and gather up his spinning mind, failing to shake the growing feeling that he is intruding and keeps ending up where he is not supposed to be. "Anyway, I eh, had a run in with some Enforcers with a good aim and hard boots and he claimed you could help."

His hand that isn't holding onto the bag on his shoulder absently move up to brush against the large bruise across his cheek and he makes another attempt at standing up straight, though at this point he starts to run out of adrenaline to keep him going. It doesn't help that the anxiety so easily flares up in him again. Never really died out since everything started going downhill earlier in the day. "But if it's a bad time, I can just be on my way." He adds a bit more quietly and regards the other man cautiously from across the room.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Adam's name acts like a spell, the tension bleeding out of Nate in an instant. All at once the imposing figure in the door frame is transformed, bleeding into a man who steps in closer to offer support. "Do I want to know what nasty shit he did in my bed?" The joke is flat and gruff, meant to keep the mood light while he sweeps a critical eye over Cian, taking stock of the injuries he can see, and guessing at the ones he can't.

"No such thing as a bad time for the doctor." Nate starts to move, supporting the other man more than not and shifting them into the clinic proper, the smell of cheap cleaner and bright lights replacing the sour dimness of the alleys, and the faint dust of the backroom. It's only when they enter the exam room that Nate speaks again, even before he deposits Cian on the raised table in the room. "So what'd a nice lookin' boy like you do to get this kicked around by the boots?"
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Even if Nate's stance changes to a less imposing one, Cian remains tense and on guard. Too much bad had happened too suddenly already for him to relax and drop his guard down too soon. Seems like he can learn a little bit, at least. For a moment. "Something about leaving it in an unknown state after messing it up with someone." He responds, not caring if Nate actually wanted an answer to the question or not.

He is still half in mind to find a way to escape out again, but is happy to actually receive help. Even if it would end up just getting to sit down and rest for a moment, it was better than continue to limp around aimlessly in the dark streets. Same as when Adam had hauled him along, Cian walks as much as he can on the leg to not hang too much weight on his helper and he squints at the brighter light of the clinic before his eyes have time to adjust.

"See, I am still trying to figure out the exact reason." He has suspicions. Or more like, he has suspects he knows what they had suspected. A lot of guesses and assumptions. "More or less, I got beaten down and arrested for speaking with the Arbiter heir and he got the same treatment for speaking to me I guess. Because that is what we were doing when the enforcers showed up this morning. Just chatting." It is all true as well. And they had not even been talking about anything suspicious in the first place.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Truth be told Nate had had some pretty good guesses about the state of his bed, and hearing them confirmed just has a deep, exhausted breath sighing out of him, fingers aching to pinch between his brows.

Strange guilt and an icy spike of fear strike Nate at once, both of them warring for space on his face and making him look somewhat constipated. “All that just for a noble puppy, huh?” Turning his back to hide some of his interest, Nate rummages in a cupboard while he speaks. “When uh… when was this? I’d heard he was missing.

Facing Cian again with his hands full, Nate steps closer and sets a heavy looking earthenware jar down beside a cold compress and a bottle of pills. “Show me what’s worst.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
"Apparently. Something about his father probably being pissed over him being at the festival and then getting stuck in the Drench. Probably who sent the Enforcers." He mutters and halfway sits, halfway leans on the raised table. Still feeling too on edge to properly relax and his eyes flickers around the room while Nate searches through a cupboard.

He rubs his face with a tired sigh before answering the next question. "Earlier today. He had me meet him so he could explain where he had been since the festival and that he would probably be stuck at POINT for a while. Didn't get further than that before we got hauled away and thrown into a cosy cell together for a while." His shoulder rise and fall in a slow shrug and he lowers his hands from his face again.

When Nate then returns, Cian rolls up the leg of his pants as much as he can over his left knee and twists the leg enough for Nate to get a good look at the now very large and dark bruise spread out across the whole back of the knee, with the darker line across the middle where the skin is somehow still intact. "Whoever decided that sharpened batons was a good idea can't be exactly right in the head."

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Not sure anyone other than the Arbiter gets to order them around.” Nate points out with a quiet laugh, pausing for a moment to look the other man over. “Can you hop up, or do you need a hand?” Whatever the answer is Nate is happy to help or stand by, trusting Cian to know his current limits rather than assuming.

Earlier today is an unfortunate timeline for Nate to swallow, for different reasons than they likely are for Cian. If nothing else it tells him how long that mess has been in his bed. “You must be pretty special then, huh?” The doctor rolls on a pair of gloves and grins at Cian sharply. “Bad luck.

Warm hands examine the mottled bruising, Nate twisting more than he shifts Cian to keep from hurting him. “I see more of their work than I’d like to.” He admits grimly, opening the earthenware jar and fishing a smooth black leech out of it. It’s pressed to Cian’s skin before he can protest, a faint pinch and then nothing radiating from the spot it attaches to. “Is it just the leg?
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian just grunts quietly at the Arbiter comment and then makes his way up properly onto the table, ignoring his spinning head and is just silently glad he actually didn't have to deal with Sunjata's dad in person. He had not heard much about the man, but what he had heard is enough for him to judge that he wants to stay as far away as possible.

He raises an eyebrow at Nate. "Yeah, very special with a real special ability of constantly running into bad luck ever since I got to this damn city." He grumbles in a reply. "Though guess I was lucky enough to be let go again." He could have been thrown in a darker cell for all he knows. They could probably have come up with some reason for it and he would not have been too surprised.

The sight of the leech has him tensing up, as if he is expecting it to be way worse than it turns out to be and he looks away while Nate puts it to his skin. Not even trying to act brave about it. He nods slowly with a sigh and looks back to Nate when it is clear that the leech is not about to gnaw through his whole leg in any painful way. "More or less. Got some bruising on my face and wrists, but think the leg's the worst." He holds his hands to show where the cuffs had been biting into his wrists.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
And lucky enough to have had someone drop you off at me.” Nate points out smugly, fishing a second leech out of the jar and holding it pinched between his thumb and forefinger. “And you’re in the best place to prove their ’I’ll be watching you’ bullshit wrong.” The second leech is also pressed against Cian’s skin, the doctor moving more cautiously this time. The slimy little nurses numb out everything but the deepest ache, even their bites blissfully staticky.

With one injury tended to, at least as much as it can be at the moment, Nate reaches out to take the other man’s hands and rub his thumbs gently over Cian’s bruised wrists. “Not really worth a leech.” The doctor notes matter of factly, pursing his lips. “I’d say ice, but,” an utterly humourless laugh leaves Nate, the oppressive heat of the clinic nixing that suggestion.

Sharp blue eyes pierce into Cian’s eyes for a long moment, the doctor measuring something in the other man. “How do you feel about… chemical medicines?
could i lie next to you?