This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
The Informer and The Gatherer
Private 
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Scavenger
Inactive

TAVI

Your Excess is my Abundance.

Tavi’s eye made a twitch at the term ‘junk-man’, uttered by Adam. Tav’s attempt at presenting his profession with a semblance of respect was once again devolved to two words, unsightly when combined. Junk and then Man. Admittedly, yes, he dealt in junk, yes, he was a man, last he checked. But damn it, if he presented a shiny turd, lovingly polished, perhaps there was someone, Plater or Drencher, that could accept the well-researched, articulated industry term, following the endless debates and scavenger conventions, tea and coffee provided of course, hours on end….
Tavi shook suddenly, drew himself up a bit and said in exasperation, ‘Well they do call it that sometimes…’

At the mention of radio parts, Tavi, rubbed his chin, fingers clamping the cigarette firmly. Radio? His hawkish eyes narrowed and his interest had piqued, ‘Radio parts, not an easy one, especially working. Lemme keep an eye out for you. Are you needing a radio to receive? Or also to broadcast?’ He hoped to glean more out of this enigma of a man.

He widened his eyes at the question of an exciting find, he looked into space as he recalled with a smile the enjoyment of discovery. ‘Well, for me, anything from the ancient times, old days before even the Last Days. Only found fragments. Broken toy, a metal sign, an old bracelet. But.’ He raised a finger. ‘One day I go deeper. So who knows what is down there.’

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
You don't need sympathy
They got a pill for everything
"Uuh, yeah, sorry. Proper dirty Gasp Alleys street kid here." Adam excused himself, pointing to his chest with his thumb. This was true, though he'd managed to shed the majority of his poor habits gained from a childhood spent living in corners and vents.

There was a hesitating moment after Tavi asked his question, Adam measuring the other man in some inscrutable way with his eyes. Given that the scavenger had just admitted the radio parts would be hard to find, he had little reason to share information, but...well, he was a little drunk and a lot lonely this night. "Broadcast. Pretty much just broadcast. I have a show...well, used to. Haven't been on in a long while. But when I am I uh...play some music, chat a bit....share what I learn about Plates business..." A flick of a glance indicated this business was not necessarily the kind of thing the Plates wanted him to know about.

At least discussion of interesting finds was innocent enough. He closed his eyes as he inhaled smoke, taking advantage of the moment Tavi thought to really fill his lungs, before blowing out a cloud from his nostrils. The slight burn, the acrid taste - it really was one of the best comforts one could find in the Drench. "Huh. That kinda stuff, is it worth anything? For like, some history nerd?"
Just take that dark cloud
Ring it out to wash it down
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Scavenger
Inactive

TAVI

Your Excess is my Abundance.

Adam was humble in his reply and did well to temper Tavi’s ego. Gasp Alleys. Of all the Drench, that would have resulted in a difficult upbringing. Every Drencher knew that pang of hunger, the beat ups and hustling, so then what was Tavi trying to prove to one of his own down here? He raised the side of his lip in a smile, accepting the apology, “Forget about it, it’s the term we all know, really.”

Tavi had that feeling, unmistakable really, of Adam scanning him for friend or foe. Tavi knew he had asked Adam to open Pandora’s Box and it was to his relief that Adam intended to divulge its contents. Tavi tilted an eyebrow at Plates Business and his head swiveled about, as if he could feel the eyes and ears of Platers nearby. There were none.

Tavi had an epiphany all of a sudden. The flip book of acquaintances that had fluttered in his mind had stopped as he mentally stabbed a finger at a profile picture with a question mark on it. He had connected a radio show he recalled as being a reliable source to…Adam’s voice. Not some random Drencher, then.

He tried to keep this realization under wraps, however, as the last thing he wanted was to make Adam wary of him. Tavi replied, trading a look of understanding, ‘I’ll get something to you, if not for Lasti, I could do with any word on what’s happening.’

Tavi had a think about all the fragments and his forehead creased in wonder. ‘I don’t know. I actually kept it all. There isn’t much, not easy to find but I never thought to sell these things. I suppose I collect them - maybe one day I’ll find a history nerd and ask.’ He chuckled.

Tavi looked at the spent cigarette lodged in his fingers and tossed it. He pushed off the sill. ‘Hey, thanks for the light…and the words. I’ll get back to you when I find something.’

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
You don't need sympathy
They got a pill for everything
Thankfully it seemed he'd avoided offense over the name - not that Adam really minded offending people (given how often it happened, a good thing), but it seemed Tavi might be a useful man to know and be on the right side of. The recognition was well hidden, enough that it was missed as Adam glanced down at the smoke and tapped off the ash, watched it fall into a puddle below with a slight pout of his lips.

"..Alright, if y'do find anything, I'm interested. You can find me at the Clinic in the Gasp Alleys, usually. Nate's clinic - if you don't know where it is, just ask around." He didn't want to give out his actual address and nowadays he was in the clinic more often than home anyway. "Bring some of those old things too. Might be someone there knows if they're worth anything."

He wasn't going to announce the Arbiter's son regularly came to stay, but Sunjata would have had a history education much better than any Drencher; if anyone was going to know the worth of artifacts, it was him.

Tavi got up off the wall and Adam drew in the last of the smoke to the end, dropped his own on the street and stomped it out. "Mhm, thanks for the cig. Seeya soon." That said he walked into the nearest alley, hoping for two walls close enough together to climb back to the roof.

{END}
Just take that dark cloud
Ring it out to wash it down