This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
So You Don't Want To Hear About My Good Day
Open 
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Private Investigator
Inactive
Breathe silently, make the ghostly voice surrender.
She tucked away the description of the mould for later; keeping an eye out for anything similar could be handy, if not actually useful for her own health.

“That’s better than most,” Mallorie says of Ira’s humble assessment of her own people skills. “In my experience people can do one, or neither.”

Mallorie found herself prone to being too impersonal to be helpful in particularly difficult social situations - regardless of how calm or firm she may be.

Ira’s offer of help is much appreciated, much as it also makes Mallorie feel a little awkward. Taking time from her own misfortune to help a stranger on a wild kroko chase, well. That seemed a pretty solid measure of character - loathe as Mallorie generally was to drag some poor other soul into her search.

She exhaled in an exhausted huff, resigned to a long night’s hunt, and gave Ira an attempt at a smile.

“It’s apparently a ‘very good boy’, though current evidence says otherwise…” She muttered the last part petulantly, then cleared her throat and continued.

“Beyond that, all I know is it responds to snacks, though I’ve not tried that yet.”

To be honest she wasn’t actually sure what would constitute a kroko snack. Dried meat perhaps? At least she didn’t have to worry about the creature entertaining bar patrons for the night, given Ira reporting she hadn’t seen it herself. Mallorie looked between Ira and the bins, then nodded, half to herself.

“At this point, any help would stop me going insane, thank you.”

She rubbed her temple with a sigh.

“Its name is, ah…Crispin.”
Stride carefully, let the forest sleep forever.
MALLORIE
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
You said I could fly so go on then, fill my eyes with fire, I set my sails with desire
The comment about the kroko being a "very good boy" brings more amusement to her expression and she can't help the soft huff of a laugh escape her. A very good boy at running away to freedom, it seems. She didn't have too high hopes of finding it, though, but she keeps that for herself for now. The Drench isn't exactly small and trying to find a specific kroko is no small task either. It could be anywhere, perhaps even far out into the Scapes by now too. However, it doesn't hurt to at least have a look around their current area for a while.

"Crispin?" The name has her raise a brow with another amused smile tugging at her lips. "Alright. Crispin the kroko... With a ribbon. And liking unknown snacks." She feels around the pockets of her cargo pants and fishes up a small bag and looks it over. "I've got... Some dried figs to offer, if it'd even be interested in that." She says with a small shrug and stuffs the bag back in the pocket for now.

Not having any good idea on where else to begin searching, she starts walking further into the alley they're already in. Taking it slow to have time to look around everywhere around. Up towards windowsills (can kroko's even climb?), to puddles on the ground and behind any other bin they come across.

"Are you often hired to find escaped pets, or do you usually find other things?" She asks curiously and throws a glance in Mallorie's direction after having stopped to look under a soggy cardboard box lying abandoned by a wall.
IRA

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Private Investigator
Inactive
Breathe silently, make the ghostly voice surrender.
Mallorie raises her brows at the figs, unsure herself how a kroko might feel about the fruit. The offer is appreciated, however, so she nods at Ira’s suggestion and considers her (their) next move.

Even when she took this job, Mallorie had had a faint suspicion that it may be a wild goose chase. Trying to find one lost pet in the midst of the Drench wasn’t difficult so much as impossible. Just one more thing down here that didn’t have a hope in hell of happening -

Why did I take this job?{/] She thinks, in a brief moment of clarity.\n\nShe has no answer for herself though, and doesn’t think it’d help to share that fact with anyone else, so she says nothing. Watches Ira step further into the alley and listens for the potential chirp or call of the little kroko bastard she’s trying to locate. [say}Do krokos even {i]make noises?[/say}

“Mn, it’s not the name I’d pick, but…” Mallorie replies, absently, to Ira’s comment about ‘Crispin’. She steps towards a small pile of soggy cardboard and starts slowly, carefully, sorting through it.

The question about her work makes her smile a little - this much, at least, she can answer.

“Not normally pets, no. But I can’t afford to be picky with jobs at the moment. And word of mouth in my line of work word of mouth is like gold, so…”

Mallorie looks at Ira and shrugs as she trails off. She casts a quick glance at the darkening sky, before continuing.

“Normally it’s more finding lost heirlooms, following paper trails…” She wrinkles her nose and adds, “a lot of being asked to find out if someone’s cheating on their partner,” in a faintly resigned tone.{/i}
Stride carefully, let the forest sleep forever.
MALLORIE
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
You said I could fly so go on then, fill my eyes with fire, I set my sails with desire
She chuckles quietly at the name again and shakes her head lightly. If she had a pet kroko, she's not sure what she would call it, but probably not Crispin. Turning the cardboard box over, she finds it unsurprisingly empty and she stands back up to have a look around for another good spot to search at. Their chances really being slim to none of finding the pet, but she's feeling quite happy just having something to do after her evening turned way less busy than she had initially planned.

Looking back at Mallorie, she nods in understanding to not being able to afford being picky. While she herself already has two steady jobs to begin with, she still has to accept most extra hours offered to her from both. It didn't make her rich by any means, but it keeps the bills paid and not much else.

"Can't say I know too much about lost heirlooms... I do stumble over dropped trinkets sometimes." Another soft laugh leaves her and her smile almost turns into a smirk. "However, if you want to find cheating people, visit the bars. The amount of people going on public dates with their side lovers is astonishing and some stop being subtle about it after a few drinks."

If people wanted to move between different dates, that's their business and she rarely judges them. Though it is not something she would be able to do herself. However, she did raise an eyebrow at those actually going behind the back of someone they had something established with, but at the same time, it was rarely her business anyway. At most, she's told what she has seen when directly asked by someone, but she otherwise doesn't go out of her way to tell on the patrons to others.

Shaking her head at it, she fishes up a couple of the dried figs from her pocket and breaks them up into smaller pieces to throw out further into the alley. Still with little hope it would actually work, but didn't hurt to try. At best, it might just attracts some rats eventually. "Maybe Crispin grew tired of freedom and returned home." She muses, even if it's more likely that the kroko is happily off on adventure.
IRA

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.