This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
just what I needed
Private  — Ira <333
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
roll me up and smoke me, love, and we can fly into the night
you take drugs, to let go, and figure it all out on your own
Her whisper sparks a snort from Uldren, a playful tug of a smirk on his lips as he takes a sharp inhale, letting his teeth connect in a slight whistle of sound. “Think you’re right.” A shame, really, because right now he can’t help but to lean into the touch she offers, the designs and patterns she runs along his warm skin underneath his shirt, even as he should be focusing on getting through the line and using the majority of his lasti just to get the medicine in the first place.

As her other hand comes up to adjust the scarf, he feels her fingertips brush along his neck like a ghost and his arm lowers from her shoulder to wrap possessively around her hip, letting his gaze drift back to the line as it shortens and they’re the next ones up. “Good. It’s too stuffy in here.” He whispers back to her, glancing over with that same playful smirk before he turns relatively abruptly to let a small cough rack through his lungs, coughing into his elbow.

By the time he’s done with that, it’s their turn, and he takes a haggard inhale as they step up to the little pharmacy window, exchanging the promised amount of clinking lasti alongside the note from the doctor for the bottles of medicine with each of their names and the instructions on it. He’s told to keep the note, at least, due to the detailing payment plan, with the pen marking over the prescription that says FILLED in all caps.

And with the medicine in hand, he turns with Ira and flashes her a softer smile. “Think we’re done here at least, what else did you want to do up here?
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
It is perhaps a dangerous little game, seeing how far it could go especially being where they currently are. If it wasn't for them really needing that medicine, she might have cared less about peoples' opinions and for now, she doesn't try to push the boundary any further. Even if that becomes difficult when Uldren's arm slides down to her hip and she takes a bit of a sharper inhale herself, smirking at his response.

Then the little spell is broken by his cough, perhaps fortunately even if it does sound uncomfortable. And had it not been him, it probably would have been her sooner or later having to break away due to the lungs not behaving. Her hand moves away from his side to rub against his back on the outside of his clothes, then follows him up to the window. The exchange goes smoothly, at least, even if there is a sudden worry they will be denied at the last second and it doesn't let go of her until they have the medicine safely on their side.

Looking back to Uldren at his question, the smirk returns to her lips and without skipping a beat she responds with a soft whisper. "You." Of course she wouldn't do that during this trip, but he had asked what she wanted and after their small teasing moment just before, she can't help herself with that answer. She hooks her arm around his as they start to leave the store. "Can't really think of anything else. Perhaps we should see about heading back before we run into trouble? Unless you've got any ideas?" She sends him a sideway, teasing glance.

Apart from all that, she has to admit to herself she is starting to grow a bit tired from being up and about while breathing is so difficult. Though hopefully that will start to clear itself up in the coming days with the medicine.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
The exchange does go smoothly, and Uldren imagines that’s in part to the easy wrap up from the doctor they’d just seen as well as the gentle motions her hand makes soothingly on his back over his shoulder blades. They step out of the store once everything’s complete at least, and when she looks back at him with his question, whispering a teasingly playful answer, Uldren barks another laugh – incapable of keeping himself from doing it. “Up here?” He asks, as if it were the worst idea ever. It might be entertaining at first, but more so in a playful fantasy sort of way. He can’t imagine trying to get away with it with all the people and how fucking bright everything is.

But she gives him an actual answer and his arm hooks around hers a bit more tight, more possessively as he guides her out of the store and to the streets again, squinting from the fact he isn’t used to this kind of light anymore. “Nah, think I got everything I wanted.” He squeezes her arm and swaps the package of medicine from his other hand into the one wrapped with hers, before he tugs on the scarf they still continue to share and flashes her a wink.

Maybe we can go home ‘n curl up.” An easy offer of a date like they had been talking about, just in a bit of a different order.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
It is the worst idea ever, but that doesn't stop her from joking about it and she gives him an amused look at his reaction. Her eyes gleaming playfully and a sly smirk dancing over her lips for a moment. While she very much like to hide away somewhere with Uldren, this location is and will probably always be very much out of the question, but it had been impossible for her to not jokingly suggest it in a moment like that.

She gives his arm a brief glance at the way it tightens around hers, but she doesn't say anything about it as he gives his own reply to her question and she looks up at him when he tugs at the scarf. Her free arm lifts and she grabs the end around Uldren's neck and gives it a tug in return as she leans in to press a quick kiss to his lips. "Curling up at home sounds great." She mumbles and nuzzles her face in against his neck and the soft scarf, remaining leaned against his like that until she has to straighten up again before she starts feeling like she never wants to untangle herself from him.

Letting out a soft sigh and sending the sky a squinting look, she starts walking with him along the street back the way they came. At least she can give the Plates credit for having a lot of signs, so they should be able to find their way back to the tram down without getting too lost. "You worried I'll disappear?" She asks curiously, perhaps suddenly after a short moment of walking and wriggles her arm a bit in his grip to indicate she means the possessive way he holds onto it.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Her free arm lifts to the scarf about the same time his does, but with the chaste kiss all Uldren can do is flash her an easy smile. She agrees with his idea, at least, and the jeweler glances to the signs on the street as he picks out which way would be easiest to get to the trams. Once the path is marked in his mind, it’s an easy walk for them arm in arm, going at their own pace despite how the Plate has become far more bustling.

Hm? What? Oh,” Uldren laughs, loosening his arm around hers a fraction. “Makin’ sure that if anyone looks over and sees a beautiful lady that they’ll know she’s got someone.” He winks. Though he does refrain from saying that he’s a picturesque version of a Drencher — that much is obvious, with the colorful hair and the waterproof clothing he wears.

The tram comes into sight at least, and Uldren easily slots them into a space leading back down to the Drench when the doors open, before he loosens his grip on her to let her pick which seats they could sit in.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
Although she makes a face and huffs quietly at being called "lady", she gives him a small smirk and his arm a gentle tug with hers. "M'sure this lady can tell them to get lost if they try any." A soft laugh leaves her and she doesn't seem bothered by his intentions, even leaning a bit against him as they walk. "Don't worry, I won't let anyone steal me from you." She teases with a wider grin. Even if she might still have a somewhat flirty way of interacting with other people sometimes, her mind is so often filled with Uldren on a daily basis that there is no chance anyone else would be able to get her interested should they try.

Still, she lets Uldren do his thing and she continues to hold onto him as well until the reach the tram and he looses his grip. Her hand slides down his arm and she grasps him lightly around the wrist (since his hand holds the precious medicine) to lead him to a pair of seats close to the doors. Not that it seems to be very busy on the tram at this time of day, but she still wants to avoid the possibility of having to weave through a crowd to get off again.

"Well, this was an... Interesting trip. Wasn't too bad overall and maybe we'll both do a bit better soon." She gestures at the medicine as they sit down and she hooks her leg around his instead of holding onto his arm. "Though whenever I get that chance to take you to the Tangles, it's going to be an even better trip." She gives him a smile and there is a bit of a mysterious excitement gleaming in her eyes, as if she's got some secret plans she is not going to elaborate on yet.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Good.” Uldren offers with a soft laugh, squeezing her tight as they reach the tram when he has to let her go. At least, getting onto it was easy enough, following her to the seats she’s chosen while he holds onto the medicine like it’s worth a million lasti (it feels like it after that payment plan, after all), and settles in beside her as he watches the doors close, head tilting toward her when she speaks and he lets his eyes drop to the bag of medicine he still holds like a dragon might keep his treasure.

A dark brow rises as he glances back at her, a playful smile tugging on the corners of his lips. “Yeah?” He asks, pinning her with a questioning look as she offers her own mysterious one back at him. “You care to elaborate or is it gonna be some big secret?” He teases her, sure that she’d tell him already if she wanted him to know. No, this would likely end up being something that she wants him to experience, without the idea forming in his mind to ruin the opportunity.

He still can’t help but to try and imagine things as the tram starts to move, the descent sparking little butterflies in his gut as they make the first big drop.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She narrows her eyes at him with a hum, as if considering, but then shakes her head with another teasing smile. "Nope. You're just gonna have to wait and see." She knows she more or less baited him into asking, but she couldn't help it. Part of her wants to excitedly tell him all about the idea for the trip she's thinking of, so she'll have to patiently make herself wait as well until she gets the chance to just show him.

The tram begins to move and she looks a bit uncomfortable at the drop it makes. Taking a deep breath (as deep as she can), she hooks her arm around Uldren's again and leans her head back against the seat. "Think I'd rather do my hike back and forth across the whole Drench rather than taking this every-..." She cuts herself off suddenly and turns away to press her face into her other arm as more couching grips her without much warning.

It's not going on as long this time, but once it's over, she tips her head down on Uldren's shoulder with a quiet groan of discomfort. "At least it's faster than walking. Want to be home to those promised blankets already... Before this tram becomes all cramped and stuffy too." A small huff of a laugh leaves her and she strokes her hand idly over his arm as she huddles up close against him, turning her face up a bit to give him a teasing look.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
A snort leaves him as she teases him, and he playfully rolls his eyes as he exhales a soft sigh. “Yeah, guess so.” He hadn’t expected her to tell him anyway, so the pout that comes over his face is purely for dramatics and nothing with any merit to it, and it remains as the tram starts to move – only fading the second that she starts to speak again and his attention is wholly on her.

As the cough rakes through her lungs, he reaches over and rubs her back gently, trying to soothe some of the ache there. Shouldn’t be too much longer before she’s able to start the medicine and saints is he hoping that it’ll help. So when she slumps against him, his arm wraps around her shoulders, tucking her in against his own shoulder before he rests his cheek on the crown of her head.

He manages a soft hoarse laugh as she looks up at him with a teasing look, his gaze finding hers for a moment before looking back up around the tram they sit in. “Least we don’t have to walk that length. Dunno if we’d make it.” He teases her back, still stroking her back gently. “Soon, though, warm blankets ‘n tea, ‘n a dry place to sleep.” Sounds like the dream at this present moment.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
ira
She nestles in closer to him if even possible when his arm wraps around her shoulders, smiling gently at him when their eyes meet and then hers close as she nuzzles her face in against the side of his neck. Once again ignoring if anyone else is staring. "Mh, if we had to walk all the way down and home now... Think I'd just end up finding a box along the way to spend the night in." She huffs softly. They will still have to walk from the tram station and home, but it should be manageable she hopes. At least they get to sit down and rest for a moment now. A small part of her wants the trip to last so she can remain against him like this for a while, thought mostly she wants to be home already so she can curl up with him proper.

She still manages to surprise herself with these feelings sometimes, how she just wants to be close to him so often and how much he keeps occupying her thoughts. She's not sure how to really express all that she's feeling, and can only hope she won't turn too clingy without realising it. At least so far Uldren doesn't seem to have any complaints about her company, but she'd like it to stay that way too.

"Sounds wonderful." She mumbles with a smile at his words and relaxes under the soothing strokes his hand makes across her back. "And I get to have the furnace all to myself too." She purrs softly, her lips brushing past his ear before she presses a kiss to the side of his neck just below it. Her eyes opening again to glance towards the window as the tram descends further down into the dark shades under the Plates, coming closer to their stop and she unhooks her leg from his to be prepared to get up again.