This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
sometimes they call after you
Private  — Maven!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Art Curator
Inactive
i have no place for broken hearts
i tend to leave them where they fall
they're way too hard to carry
The entirety of Rexanna’s conversation with Samuel had been in public, and the way they had both acted toward one another had been nothing but casual – until her blunder, of course – but as her friend seems to tease her for whether it’s secret, she can’t help the bright grin that spreads across her face and the gentle laugh as she settles back into her seat and shakes her head. “It isn’t a secret.” She starts, though wonders if perhaps that might be more fun, though she doubts she’ll ever see the strategist again in that light.

So she clears her throat and takes a sip of her mug, returning her sapphire gaze back onto Maven with that same bright smile blooming on her face. “He needed a seat and I had one open. We mostly just talked about the gallery and his work.” Relatively boring things, but still uniquely interesting. It wasn’t often one had such a conversation with someone so high up. “He’s one of those Drench Success Stories. The ones that got picked from the Drench and got high positions up here.” It wasn’t often Drenchers got such a high ranking up topside, so when it did it was always something everyone had heard about.

He seems to like it.” She adds, taking a bite of her scone, unsure of what else Maven might want to know.
Rexanna
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'6"
Doctor
Inactive
you never know what temporal days may bring
Happily, it seems that the lunch Rexanna had eaten with the Bravlet strategist is not a secret, and something inside Maven relaxes somewhat. She is protective of her friends, and she doesn't like secrets - they can too easily get one in trouble upon the plates, and she'd hate to see Rex dragged into something... challenging. Maven smiles as Rex laughs, keeping her thoughts of worry to herself. Perhaps it is telling that her concerns are not over whether there might be a secret romance rather than something more sinister, but here we are.

Maven sits back with her mug in her hands, wrapping her fingers tightly against the ceramic as she takes a sip. While it seemed that the conversation Rex had shared with the strategist had been innocent enough, the man himself did sound interesting. "Interesting," she murmurs, thinking of those very Drench success stories and wondering how ex-Drenchers felt about life on the plates. "It must be very different from the life he used to lead." And as much as she wants to explore that idea further, Rex is perhaps not the person to discuss it with - Maven prefers to get information straight from the source, and she probably has questions that Rex cannot answer on the strategist's behalf.

"Speaking of the gallery - how are things going there? I haven't been in a while."
Maven
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Art Curator
Inactive
Now the way their interactions had ended, that could very well be a sign that it could be secretive, but Rexanna hasn’t quite figured out what sparked the shift in behavior just yet, and it’s a little detail that she leaves empty until she knows more. And once she does, you could bet that Maven would be the first on the list to find out. But the experience in and of itself had been interesting, and she settles in with another sip of her warm drink to soon swallow it and agree. “He mentioned that it was different, but that he appreciated the opportunity.” It sounded, to her, like he was terrified of saying anything negative lest his position be put at risk.

Which, makes it difficult she imagines, to be so stuck in one mindset of thinking that nothing else could even come close to invading for fear of losing everyone one had.

As for the gallery, the topic is an easier one and she flashes a brilliant smile toward her best friend. “It’s been slow, but it usually is during Drenak. Mom’s been frustrated with the lockdown because we haven’t been able to get anything new in. It looks a little sad, but at least she’s been more open to accepting art from those that live here to fill the shelves.” A brief pause as she shrugs her shoulder and keeps that smile toward Maven. “You should come by and see how the art of Ok’kotoll compares to the rest.” She flashes a wink before taking a bite of her scone again.
Rexanna
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'6"
Doctor
Inactive
you never know what temporal days may bring
'Different' is probably the understatement of the century, but Maven says nothing of the differences that she herself has observed during her brief time in the Drench. "I'm sure," she says instead. "It's not every day that we see a Drench success story." Whether that is by chance or by design, it is hard to say.

Maven leans back in the booth, taking a sip of her drink before setting it down in favor of another bite of her scone. She is sorry to hear that business at the gallery has been slow, but it makes sense - everything else has slowed down during lockdown, so why not art, too? "It must be nice to support local artists," she agrees with a smile. "I'll stop by soon. It will be good to say hello, and to see the recent additions."

Never having been one for small talk, Maven sits in companionable silence for a few moments as she eats her scone. It's always been nice, with Rex, to not have to fill every moment with discussion. Still, rather sooner than later, something new comes to the forefront of her mind. "You mentioned your fire - how's that going?"
Maven
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Art Curator
Inactive
A soft agreeing hum leaves the young woman as she sips from her coffee, settling into the booth with ease. Drench success stories were rare, and Rexanna’s inner thoughts seem to suggest that it was purely by design – to give the Drench hope that it was a possibility… Only one that came few and far between.

So she easily switches to explaining how the gallery works now with lockdown, how frustrated her mother is at the lack of product, but Rexanna has to agree once again. It was nice to show the work of the state they lived in, even if it didn’t profit as well as work from Stistun or Palladol. “You should! There’s a beautiful piece of the Drowning Trails I’ve been in love with.” She offers with a bright smile.

They fall into companionable silence and Rexanna doesn’t mind it one bit, simply taking in the here and now with good coffee, good treats, and good company while the rain continues to drizzle melancholy outside. Her gaze returns to Maven as she asks about the fire and Rexanna flashes a sort of awkward smile. “The flame is a little bigger but I’m still struggling to control it very well. I’ve started practicing by the reservoirs so I don’t catch anything ablaze.” She offers with a soft quiet laugh. “I’ve started keeping notes on different ways I can channel it just to see if I find a way that’s easier and more consistent for me. So far not much luck.
Rexanna