This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
young & menace
Private  — Nate <3
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
if you want i could tell the truth
that this life takes its toll on you
It’s late and truth be told, Sunjata wants nothing more than for people to just get in their homes so he can go home. But the night stretches on – longer still being a part of the Drench where darkness is just… Status quo – until the early hours of the morning. Exhaustion clings heavily on Sunjata as he falls back into his pack of Enforcers, standing idly by as they go to each house or business within the Neon District, rattling the doorknobs and ensuring that they’re locked.

They take turns, a few going first, then Sunjata’s heavy boots take him toward the next house, rattling the doorknob (not even caring if its locked or not locked, he makes a show of it being locked either way), before he falls back into line with the rest of them, waiting until his next turn to go around. A few around them are a bit more vigilant, having a bit more of a heads up than he had, making sure they shift their sleep schedules in order to prepare (a boon Sunjata didn’t have the chance to before starting off tonight), and it allows them to keep an eye on anything else should any stragglers make an appearance.

And he so, so desperately hopes this final run through before they get to leave goes smoothly.
i spend nights stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
I always thought that I’d die young
make some money, be someone
It’s been like this the last few days. Most everyone’s learned to keep their doors locked, but there’s nothing stopping Nate (and others) from leaning out upper floor windows, watching the sweeps as they happen. There’s nothing for him to worry about, but down the street and around the bend, he can see one of the neighbours hovering anxiously in her cracked open door.

Well shit.

Taking a moment to ash his smoke into the alley below, Nate sucks in a deep breath. “Hey ossifers.” He calls, hanging his whole top half out of his window now. “Lookin’ for the bad eggs, eh?
they all love you when you’re gone
but who knew life would be so long?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Of course it doesn’t go according to plan, and internally Sunjata heaves a quiet sigh as the call from a window comes through, wincing as the head of his squad whistles — loudly, as if the call hadn’t captured all their attention — directing their view upwards, half with hands hovering at their waists where their guns sit, a few already with them drawn, and somewhere in between is Sunjata, too exhausted to really care about this anymore.

Stay inside and you won’t be considered one.” He drawls up toward Nate, his voice affected by the mask, hopefully projecting as tired of this bullshit that he imagines the rest of the Drench is too. He shifts on his feet, adjusting the strap on his chest, ever the picture of boredom and readiness to move on. As such, one of the enforcers breaks off to check another door.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Oh I wouldn’t dream of breakin’ the law like that, you boys work hard enough without it.” Somehow, Nate manages to keep the words from dripping with venom, a rough laugh curling around them instead. Who knew guns were such good motivators? “Just, between you and me, I saw a little rat go creepin’ down that alley yonder.” A lazy finger points down in the direction the enforcers had come from.

The reaction is near instant, and exactly what he’d hoped it would be. The bulk of the pack turns, and sets off in the direction he’d gestured, leaving only the one sitting on his doorstep and the one who’d gone on ahead.

The smoke returns back between his lips, the cherry illuminating Nate’s cheeks as he takes a long drag. “is there an issue with my door ossifer?” Now that there’s fewer, some of the boldness has returned to Nate’s attitude, the ashes from his smoke ‘accidentally’ drifting down onto the Enforcers shoulder.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Sunjata’s drawn no gun, and the best he can do is simply keep his shoulders high despite the twinging pain in his lower back. He does, however, only tilt his head when Nate’s suggestion is aired, watching the majority of his squad depart in search of the lawbreaker while the other that had gone to inspect the doors continues to walk down the alley, leaving just him and the man above him, dripping ash onto his shoulder.

He hasn’t gotten a good look before now, not as the annoyance of the ash has sparked some clarity back into his mind. So when he looks (and really looks) he’s distracted by bright blues, the black curls reflecting the neon of the alleys, and he uses the only defense mechanism he knows in the way his steel gaze hardens and he glares up at the stranger.

He steps to the side, reaches up to brush the ash from his shoulder and succeeds in smearing it across the shoulder padding. “Your door’s fine. Just stay inside, we’ll be done soon enough.” He forces himself to look away, clearly frustrated, searching for his partner that’s disappeared into the glowing mists. “You think you can do that?” He asks, mapping himself carefully so that when his gaze focuses on Nate again it’s unphased, bored almost.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
The smirk on Nate’s face doesn’t seem the least bit compliant, challenging the enforcer from where he sits out of reach above him. It definitely doesn’t shift in the face of the hard eyes that stare up at him through the mask, another long pull dragged into his chest and adding another flare of dull light on his face.

Mmmmm, I dunno.” Nate drawls, blowing a smoke ring lazily. “Never been good with instructions. I gotta stay in here all night?” Both elbows drop onto the windowsill, his cigarette hanging loosely between his fingers, almost as if he’s offering it out. “How’m I supposed to know when it’s safe again?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He’s not here for this, at least, not mentally well enough to deal with this without his oh shit button in the form of comfort among the other Enforcers, even if half of them would rather leave him down here than save him from anything. So that hard steel remains on the stranger and the loose cigarette, (a habit picked up in secret, one he hasn’t indulged in such a long time). “All night.” He reiterates, the modular voice echoing as he projects it above him.

It also projects the sigh and the “Saints, you’ll get a fucking message.” He grits out, folding his arms across his chest and scouting for the partner thats now officially departed down the alley and he isn’t sure whether to follow them or stay out for the rest of his squad to return to. So he stays rooted, awkwardly, cranky and frustrated. “Do you have any actual questions?” He certainly seems smart enough hanging from the window to know these things, and he’s positive the other man’s simply being an asshole about it.

Which is fine, he understands, but he also wants to go to bed.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
All night.” Nate echoes again, nodding and flicking his half done smoke down to the ground. “S’long time.” His smirk only grows as it becomes more obvious he’s annoying the other man, the game growing more complicated and more fun now. How long can Nate keep the enforcer balanced on the edge, lingering on his doorstep?

Shifting to heave himself onto the window sill to sit, Nate looks up and down the narrow alley, checking for any sign of the rest of the enforcers. When none make themselves apparent he focuses on Sunjata again and grins. “Yeah I do. You gonna be the one who comes and gives me my message?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He has no way of knowing based off the environment if it’s almost done, but he does break from keeping his eye on the man sitting in the window to look at the watch strapped to his wrist. “You’ll manage. It’s almost morning.” He tries to sound indifferent, but annoyance remains clear on his face even if it’s mostly obscured by the mask.

His boot scuffs against the concrete of the doorstep when he takes a step back, hearing Nate’s question and his attention snaps up to the stranger, an awkward flush growing on his face, once again hidden by the mask. “You’ll be notified through the same channels by the head of the Bratena house.” He says in quite a roundabout way of basically saying no, why would it be me? But it does still him enough to keep him from withdrawing fully from the house, peering up at him with confusion the main thing seen from the only true visible part of his person — the steel eyes.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
A derisive snort leaves Nate, his cool mask slipping with each passing second, boldness shoving past caution. “How would you know? Sun don’t rise for ages.” He turns, both legs hanging out of the window now, only his flexed arms keeping him inside the building.

Blue eyes find steel, shining in the neon lights around them and zeroing in, a challenge flashing as Nate leans dangerously far out the window. “I don’t get a personal notification?” Nate’s lips jut out in an exaggerated pout, his tongue dipping out to wet them and make them shine. “Why not? I want someone better than Shove it delivering my news.