This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Where Boys Fear To Tread
Private  — Adamo~
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Let it flood, let it flood, let it wash away
Despite the general upset about the lockdowns, the majority of people have been keen to avoid trouble with the Enforcers, making themselves scarce as the lights start to fill the main alleys. It’s made Nate’s evenings at the clinic quieter, and tonight is no exception. For the last few hours it’s been a drag, and when he’s down to his second to last smoke Nate stands, pushing himself up and away from the front desk to start tidying up.

A rather different kind of smoke is fished out of his pocket as he walks around, stepping towards the door just as the bell below it jingles. Dark brows rise as he turns to his new guest, a crooked grin spread across his face. “Well hey there, DJ dick bulge.” He drawls lazily. “You’re just in time. Lock it behind you.

A match finds its way into his hands, lighting the smoke so he can take a deep, acrid draw on it, offering it out to the other man before he exhales. “Guess you’re staying the night, huh?
And as you stumble through your last crusade
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
ADAM
They got a file on me and it's a mile long
And they say that they got all of the proof
The curfew was more of a suggestion than a rule when one knew how to stay hidden in the Drench. Adam stepped between closely stacked rooftops and stoops, sneaking down to the street level when he had to during breaks in the patrols. He'd had fun sassing one of the enforcers earlier(not just one of them, the Arbiter's crotchspawn!), but now he had a destination in mind.

He wasn't sure quite when it had become routine to slip over to the clinic in the evening, but the 'Doctor' had been a friend for a while now. Adam could be as open about his political leanings as he liked, smoke whatever was offered that night and sometimes, get a physical. It was easy in a way that a lot of things weren't down in the alleys.

Letting go of a ledge to land in front of the door and shoulder his way in, Adam's first sound was a laugh. "I like that one. Gotta use that on the show." Approaching whatever examination bed or row of chairs was closest, he flopped down to lay like a gangly dropped pile of broomsticks and lazily turned his head to Nate as the smoke was offered; he nodded and held out his hand for it. "Yep. All these enforcers sniffing around...I don't wanna be in one place too long right now. Got the recording studio-" (A complimentary name for the shack containing busted up radio equipment) "-All locked up."

He took a heavy inhale from the joint, closing his eyes and sighing it out after a moment, letting his body relax as his booted feet dangled in the air - nothing was ever quite long enough to accomodate his height. "Oh, and of course, I always wanna stay the night with you, darling."
That I'm just another case of arrested development
I'm just another wasted youth
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:44 AM by Adam.)
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Just make sure you credit me, yeah?” Adams laughter is contagious, carried on the faint haze of smoke between them. Talk of enforcers kills the mirth quickly, Nate working his jaw before he forced himself to shrug. “Probably for the best. You’ll be able to get back to it soon.” Whether it was safe or not.

Nate fights himself to not sound too fond as he sighs, his eyes rolling. “Better me than a cell, right?” The joke leaves him as he steps closer, the only warning Adam will get before he’s hefted over Nate’s shoulder.

A blind hand reaches back over his shoulder, Nate fumbling for the joint and trying to avoid burning himself in the process. The door to his cramped office is hip checked open, a fold out bed dropping down from the wall and taking up most of the free space. Thankfully, it’s been made to fit Nate, and holds Adam quite comfortably.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
"Ah yeah, you for sure want me to say your name on the show where I try to fuck off the Arbiter." Adam said with a snort. The most identifying anyone ever got on there was 'a friend of mine', maybe a vague mention of their occupation if he was feeling risky. With what he did, he knew he was always one step away from a raid by the enforcers.

(In some ways, he wanted to be. It was cool and sexy to be in that kind of danger).

Before he could make a sarcastic comment about jails and Nate's clinic, Adam was hoisted up over the Doctor's shoulder, a surprised huff leaving him. He didn't have the energy or desire to struggle though, instead simply trying to take a drag from the smoke from his position slumped over Nate, a difficult movement that almost dropped the joint to the floor (and involved Adam making several rather undignified faces with his lips stuck out).

He was dropped onto the familiar fold out bed, it's squeaky hinges an almost comforting sound by now. Laying looking up at Nate, Adam struck a 'seductive' pose, legs apart and one arm over his head, asking in his best sultry voice (a little strained from the smoke): "Oooh, are you gonna ravish me?"
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nate’s nose wrinkles despite the fact that Adam can’t see the expression. “Don’t say my name then. Just admit it wasn’t your idea.” It seems like an obvious solution, simple, elegant. Truth be told, Nate’s not willing to put much more thought into it, especially not since the lack of fight gives his mind a chance to wander to all sorts of warm places.

Adam settles into his bed like he owns it, prompting an exaggerated roll of blue eyes. “Some of us just worked a full day, bastard.” Nate snipes from his position leant over Adam, held up more by the bracing of his arms than by his legs. “I’m not ravishing shit til after we finish that anyway.” His chin juts towards the joint. 

Now that he’s been reminded Nate leans in closer to Adam, his lips pursed and his eyes hooded, the request obvious in his mind.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
"Hey, I worked too!" Adam huffed. It was true, though his full day of work and Nate's looked very different; his mostly involved listening to random conversations in the street and trying to seduce enforcers into giving away secrets, or finding cheap radio parts to force into the retro casings he had for his cobbled together set up.

He shifted to give room for Nate to clamber onto the bed, deliberately misinterpreting the pursed lips as a request for a kiss, leaning up to press one to Nate's lips with a laugh and a comment of 'Oh, how sweet'; a moment later he gave the joint though, rolling onto his side towards the wall and stretching his arms. "Have any interesting patients today? Anyone with really gross stuff or anything? Or an enforcer with an STD?" There had been plenty of those in the past, the soldiers often too embarrassed to seek treatment in the Plates.

As Nate answered, Adam would lean up to take off his boots, beginning the complicated process of unbuckling and untying the numerous decorative pieces covering the laces. It was obvious he was going to be here for the night, so it was time to get comfortable.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
A low rumble sounds in Nate’s chest as lips press against his own, irritation trying and failing to bubble over. That rumble relaxes into a sigh as Adam’s lips are replaced by the joint, a long pull hollowing Nate’s cheeks as he heaves himself up onto the cot, the hinges groaning in protest.

His own shoes are kicked off and dropped down the ground below with a solid thump, smoke wafting in the small space as he breathes out a sigh. “Been pretty quiet actually. Think most people are keeping their heads down, and the enforcers are too fucking hopped up to be coming in for shit.” Without thinking, Nate’s hand lifts to follow the knobbly bumps of Adam’s spine, pressing up under his shirt to spread across warm skin. “All I had today was an old guy with sole rot.

Already that acrid smoke is working it’s magic on him, Nate struggling to pull in another puff between his giggles. No sooner do Adam’s boots come off and hit the ground than he’s being yanked back, Nate’s latest hit exhaled into the other man’s mouth.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
"Surprised you haven't had a bunch of people in with bruises, the amount of enforcers I've seen giving people crap for nothing." Maybe they were embarrassed to come in, or maybe everyone was just so used to the beatings by now there was no point seeing the doctor unless you were bleeding.

It was a depressing thought but the hand up the back of his shirt, warm and inviting, made Adam sigh and shuffle a bit closer, even the mention of sole rot not enough to ruin the moment (though it came close). The bed creaked as he was pulled forward into Nate, mouth already open to lean in and hold Nate's jaw with his fingertips, inhale the smoke with his lips almost touching the other mans.

This thing they had, the friendship-but-more-but-we-don't-talk-about-it, it was comfy. Gave him somewhere to go on an evening, someone to chat to and intimate company. Adam let the smoke sit in his mouth and met Nate's eyes for a silent moment, something being considered he couldn't put a name to, then turned slightly to breathe out swirls above him. "...Where'd you get this stuff? It uh, it acts fast. Faster than the last one you got."
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
A single shoulder lifts and falls again in a lazy shrug, the same depressing thought occurring to Nate, also left unsaid. There’s more than enough to distract him anyway, the touch to his jaw unwinding the tension held in his limbs just as easily as the drugs do.

There’s an uncomfortable embryo in Adam’s pupils, something growing Nate doesn’t think he wants to deal with, his own eyes closing gently to relax into the warm closeness of another body instead. (Much more casual.) “Patient gave it t’me.

Nate pulls in a deep breath, his nose pressed against the other man’s throat where he snuggles in. “I’ll ask him where he got when I see him next.” The words are lazy, Nate’s lips just barely brushing against Adam’s skin. The joint is pressed back against Adam’s lips blindly, preceded by a wandering finger searchjj in ng for his lips.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
"Did ya....ask what it was, or just take it and roll it up?" Adam asked, peering at the joint a little suspiciously now. Not that it would stop him from partaking - he'd put many things in his body he didn't really know about, from drugs to people.

Raising his chin so Nate could press in under his jaw, Adam was about to speaking when the probing finger came up for his lips - he laughed instead as he tried to catch the joint just by making kissy faces, finally managing to hook it with his lower lip and take an inhale, wrestling a hand out from under Nate to take it away when he'd filled his airways.

Blowing out, he looked down at Nate pressed into his neck and, because this was the kind of thing he did, poked the doctor in the cheek. Several times, so he could be sure he got his attention, before he spoke: "You had any flack about this whole curfew thing, then? Cos you won't guess who fucking bothered me about it. Arbiter Jr."