This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
One mans treasure
Private  — for Ashla
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
5'11"
Inventor
Inactive
Powered by Light
Driven by Science
It should have been midnight, but without the sunlight vanishing over the horizon or the moonlight rising above the sky, it was hard to judge. You just had to trust the clocks and digital effigies that worshipped time, yet they could be changed, and altered with a single switch. Josef felt like he was losing his mind, his eyes glowing in the darkness as his metallic glove shone like a beacon within one of the abandoned structures of the Choke. True, it was dangerous to go scouting about for scrap in the wasted and drowned buildings, avoiding possibly others who had nothing to lose for a few lasti's. But, Josef was dirt poor, like the rest of them and he needed the currency to start up his own business.

His hands went to the miniature sump pump that seemed to have long since broken down, licking his lips, his beard clean but still apparent on his features. At least he didn't smell too bad this time around, the mud and grime of his crawling through pipe-work to enter the city a few days prior long since cleaned. Pulling out a wrench, he began to make short work of the outer shell of the pump, pulling circuitry and the motor free after some more work with his tools. The sounds in the distance were just filled with splashing water and the noise of strangers passing in the dark, trying to get from A to B without issue. His side pouch was filled with another piece of hardware for his dream.

"You know, along with the moonlight and you'd think that they'd make better work on the Plate. Instead of a massive block that causes so many issues. One day, when we harness the power of light, we'll mark history" He whispered to himself, grinning as his eyes filled with an odd ambition. Hearing a noise outside, he tilted his head, his cowl clinging to him. The leather of his duster shifted as he stood turning to aim his metallic glove at one of the doorways. The center of the claw glowing with ominous power, "Someone there? or is it just some critter that needs to be eaten"
Body of Man
Soul of a Beast
JOSEF
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'8"
Student
Inactive
Oh the places you'll go, with your eyes so wide
With your heart in your hand, and your sword at your side
Oh the mountains you'll move, oh the tears you'll cry
"Woah, woah," the girl said as the light hit her. At once her hands went up to show she was harmless as she squinted through the beam. "No zapping. I'm not a threat, promise."

It wasn't sneaking out. Not really. At least that's what Ashla told herself as she pulled the hood over her blonde hair and slipped out the window. Technically she hadn't been told she couldn't leave. In fact, it had been said quite often that she wasn't a prisoner. She had just operated so far on the notion that she should only leave when given permission.

This time she hadn't bothered to ask for it.

If they didn't say no, then it wasn't sneaking out and no one could say no if no one was asked.

Despite this solid logic, she moved as quietly as she could down the side of the house, certain that the answer would have been no. For some reason she was just positive no one was going to give her permission to sneak around the Drench on her own. In the middle of the night.

Soft shoes landed on grass and she was off, slowly and cautiously at first, then into a full run once she had made some distance. She didn't rest until she was well and truly on her way to the Drench.

"You uh... you haven't seen any kids my age around here, have you?"

Oh the places you'll go, little love of mine
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2023, 06:57 AM by Ashla.)
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
5'11"
Inventor
Inactive
Powered by Light
Driven by Science
Josef lowered his claw slightly so that the light wasn't blaring at the face of the stranger, also so that he could check out her features clearly instead of marking her as something dangerous. "It is the Drench, few people who roam at this hour aren't a threat. But, I'll take your word for now. Break it and there will be wrath missy" he said in that angel-esque voice that did not match his appearance, half joking, with the perilous tone of someone who had caught way too many teens in the wilderness before. What was she doing out here anyway, in the darkness where squatters would do unspeakable things to her for a single lasti.

"Well, I don't know how old you are, so I can't say for certain and you don't look like a kid. Why you out here?" He spoke up as the light on his metal glove glowed, the fireflies in the jar to his side mimicking the glow in a symbiotic manner. From under his cowl, stared two piercing blue eyes which seemed to have forgotten to blink. Yet, he didn't move any closer to her, nor further away, just stood there. "Shouldn' you be in the light somewhere, like the Neon Alley's or somethin',?" Most youths usually just tricked someone out of booze and got drunk somewhere safe. Glancing about, this did not look like somewhere safe for a party.
Body of Man
Soul of a Beast
JOSEF
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'8"
Student
Inactive
"Oh no, not wrath. Anything but." Ashla didn't bother hiding the grin on her face as she spoke and lowered her hands. Shoving them into the pockets of the beat-up jeans she was wearing, she took the chance to take a few steps closer to get a better look at the man to get a better look at him.

"Don't need to know how old I am to make a guess," she suggested nicely, but gave a shrug. He would know if he saw them. "Doesn't matter. Been a couple years. Would have been a bit surprised if they still hung out here." A wistful smile slipped across her face, revealing her too clean teeth. She had taken care to wear some old clothes and there had been plenty of dust and such she could find to dirty her skin. Everything she needed to blend in without drawing too much attention. Except for her nearly-shining smile.

"Was just looking for some old friends. What about you? Not exactly a good time to be scavenging, either."

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
5'11"
Inventor
Inactive
Powered by Light
Driven by Science
Josef was wearing toughened jeans, a tank top, and a leather duster with a hooded cowl over his head. His scarred right hand moved to brush the dust off of himself as he watched her close the distance. "If you say so, but keep yourself where I can see you," he said lightly as he knelt again to start dismantling more of the machinery he was next to. "Don't know where your supposed friends are, as this place was dead silent since I came by" looking over at the woman, more girl than that, but still likely to be dangerous, he thought to himself.

"Well, your friends aren't around and likely not for a while" motioning up at the streaks on the walls marking where water had risen for a bit with likely the last few floods. "Also, what would you know about scavenging? I'd suggest chewing on some tobacco, it'd help hide the plater smile", he said as he smiled himself, his teeth weren't as white but still cleaner than most. Though, that was because he chewed on medicinal bark and other things from time to time. "You know, she probably just looking for memories, loads of people lose out with time" he whispered to himself as the glow of the fireflies continued to pulse with the glove. Piping up for a moment as if to continue to say something "Oh right, perfect hour to scavenge, unrest makes it easier to avoid people or so I'm told"
Body of Man
Soul of a Beast
JOSEF
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'8"
Student
Inactive
Moving her hand up, the girl instinctively covered her mouth, nose scrunching up as she realized what he was talking about.

"Knew I forgot something," she said with a shrug. Was a bit of a giveaway, but it just meant she needed to not smile too much. Better than chewing something gross. Letting her hand move up to tug her hood off, she let her blonde hair fall out, giving a shake of her head to loosen up the locks from their confinement. Glancing around, she moved over to lean against a wall that wasn't too terribly moldy before turning back to the scavenger.

"Dad used to say it was better to go at dawn. People who are up to no good hunt at night, and everything's too busy during the day. Everyone's in some form of sleep around the small hours, though. Not that he let me go one way or another, so... that's about all I know about scavenging." Not much, but more than some, Ashla figured. With any luck it would distract him from the tell-tale signs she didn't quite belong in the Drench.

At least not anymore.

Not that he didn't stick out a bit himself.

"What's the glove you're wearing, anyways?"

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2023, 07:53 AM by Ashla.)
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
5'11"
Inventor
Inactive