This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Looking lost, looking bright
Private  — For Josef
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
So darling, don't say that I'm lazy
When nothing is what I'm trying to do
"Makes you pretty different round here." Despite his looks, Adam had held his own in many, many fights down in the Drench - growing up in the Chokes did that to a man. Now, true, he generally 'won' by tricks and using his agility to dodge away, but it was still a victory as long as he was still breathing as far as he was concerned.

Perhaps he should have been offended at being called a 'corner merchant', but he was too distracted thinking about where one might find repairable machinery like Josef wanted. There were plenty of abandoned warehouses and buildings in the Drench, claimed by the mud and deemed unsafe to use, but most of them were already stripped dry of all valuables. "Hmm. There is...one place I know of. Can't guarantee 'owt, but there might at least be some stuff there." He tapped his bottom lip as he tried to recall what business had once owned the building he had in mind.

"How much can you pay me for being your tour guide?" Maybe he was a poor man's choice, but he wasn't doing this for charity.
For though my trajectory's hazy
I'm determined and I'm coming for you
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
5'11"
Inventor
Inactive
Powered by Light
Driven by Science
That wasn't really a good thing, Josef thought as he remembered all his encounters with people in the Drench. Knowing that Adam was right and that most were guarded or would probably stab you in defense, yet likely doing it pre-emptively to protect themselves from unknown sources. Josef sighed as he used his non-gloved hand to rub the bridge of his nose before he stared at the strangely behaving man. "Sounds good enough, salvage would be great... but as said, I have a few lasti to my name, I'm better for favors right now. I can make things with my hands that you'd be in awe of, is what I'm saying"Having no real way to describe what he could do in order to help his argument, as this was basically bartering with someone who he barely trusted to know which way was up. Okay, that was mean, the gentleman probably knew up, but he felt too slippery to categorize like that.

"Maybe some goggles that have anti-flash properties..." then moving his fingers to his chin as he spoke more to himself "Though it's not like light is a usual form of defense down here in the Drench" Half distracted, he realized what he was doing and went back to speaking to Adam. "I specialize in mechanisms, and wouldn't want to provide anyone with anythin' dangerous. Hmm..." looking up at the walls and then at the taller rooftops, then back at Adam who jumped down using his climbing parkour skills. "Maybe just a winch or something, a grappling hook? Harpoon? look, as said, I'm as they put it in the Drench, a bit skint"
Body of Man
Soul of a Beast
JOSEF
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
So darling, don't say that I'm lazy
When nothing is what I'm trying to do
"Kay, so what do you make?" Adam's expression was distinctly unimpressed, but he supposed there were a few things he'd take over Lasti. "Weapons? Handcrafted dildos? There's not a right lot I want other than cash, to be honest." Lasti paid for booze and food and information, which were his three main concerns. That said, if Josef really did have something he'd be 'in awe of', he would listen.

The goggle suggestion drew a dry 'har har' from him. Sounded like weapons were out, from the next few words, though nothing on the dildos - maybe a thought for later. Harpoons and grappling hooks certainly sounded fun, but ultimately not much use for his line of work; there was nowhere he couldn't reach in the Drench with his own hands and feet and no whales he wanted to kill at the moment.

Adam was about to plainly say as much, tell him to come back when he had some Lasti, when something made him pause, the words hanging in his mouth. He'd never been new to the Drench, but he'd been broke before, desperate for anyone to give him a break...a sigh that was more cigarette smoke than air left him. "Alright, listen. D'ya think you could repair a radio station? Whole thing needs tweaking. I do it myself, but..." His engineering style of 'stick it together and pray' was beginning to show holes. "...if you help me tune it up, I'll get you what you need."
For though my trajectory's hazy
I'm determined and I'm coming for you
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
5'11"
Inventor
Inactive