This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
the graveyard near the house
Private  — Kaylus!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Art Curator
Inactive
standing on the corner, i could listen to the radio
when the savior sang from the fire escape on a second floor
you were always saying we would make it to the catacombs
The bare whisper sparks the exact opposite of amusement, a voidless huff of “really?” said with no actual questions beneath the tone. How she matched him in any way was far more confusing for her, and she’s sure he could probably get the feeling of the gears working in her head trying to see just where they matched up. And all it boils down to is the fact they both live on this side of the Plates and not the Drench, which, does not a good match make.

So she’s still confused, even as she lets her frustrations rear its head, watching him like a hawk might given that she wasn’t going to back down or cower in front of him. She isn’t prey, she’s a phoenix, even if she hasn’t needed to prove it up until now. “You might not be, but to have so many of the same things come up again and again with your name attached to them, I’d rather not take the chance. Thank you.” Polite, given the subject matter, even as her voice drops to match his in a low and quiet whisper, she only leans slightly over her plate to speak to him before she withdraws again.

Besides, it isn’t my choice who courts me.” It was her parents, and whomever wanted to needed their approval. And luckily for her, they were very, very picky and particular when it came down to it.
Rexanna
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Financial Aid Merchant
Inactive
Pay a Man enough...
and he'll walk barefoot into hell
Kaylus couldn't help but chuckle, genuine laughter rising from him as Rexanna huffed a word of "really?" meant that she thought he was talking about her. Oh dear, this charade seemed to have damaged whatever sweet mind lay beneath that hair of hers. He hadn't meant her, he had meant why he had not gotten married yet, but whatever the case, it was amusing nonetheless. He didn't clarify why his mood changed as she responded to him, just that it did and he had nothing left to hide. "Chance, it all boils down to that, huh? No leap of faith in case you're wrong? How... benign" still whispered, perhaps only he could have put such a negative emphasis on the word 'benign', to portray it being a deep-seated flaw.

"Well, too bad... I thought there was more fire in you than that" Kaylus spoke softly, leaning back slightly and then looking away disappointed. He slowly picked up his fork and began to eat again. Rexanna wasn't the one he looked for, she wasn't even worth playing with unless she showed that inexplicable spark. He wasn't the type to officially try to court anyone unless it was to his benefit, not Family, Wealth, or Status. He gauged it more toward excitement, if she was vehemently against him, he'd have tried, perhaps he would still send flowers to her home daily. But that would be it, as he liked corrupting people, and going through the proper channels was boring.

"You should finish your meal, it is what is keeping you here, is it not? Back to your normal routine" Karlus said as he glanced back over at her, picking up his mug of coffee and drinking it as if it were plain water. There was a clear fading interest, yet he still kept a light smile and posture so that she'd escape this affair without further reputational scandal. His words emphasized another word as if it were poison and he knew his poisons well. Though all of this could just be a ploy, another attempt in an albeit strange manner to make her do or say something. Coaxing the collared woman into breaking from her scripted bastion and armed defenses.
Kaylus
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Art Curator
Inactive
It’s fortunately protective when faced with the possibility it isn’t incorrect.” She decides swiftly, succinctly getting to the point of the issue. Benign it might be, but she won’t put up with ruining the potential and freedom she wants out of life over the possibility of being wrong. She has no aims for anything higher than what she is, and she’s more than content to put her foot down — ramifications be damned.

He can be disappointed as much as he wants to be. She stubbornly remains staring him down in spite of everyone around that watches. It will absolutely be something she hears about nonstop, but at least she’ll know she’s been true to herself. “You thought wrong.” She rolls a slender shoulder, appetite sufficiently gone now as she reaches for her coffee cup.

She takes a sip as he mentions her lunch is keeping her here, and without a beat she swallows the sip and waves the waiter back over, “Hi, can you box this up for me to take to go?” She asks, letting the waiter take her plate to box it up as she finishes her coffee and reaches for her wallet to pay her bill.
Rexanna
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Financial Aid Merchant
Inactive
Pay a Man enough...
"Perhaps, but following design because you're afraid to be wrong is no way to live" Kaylus murmured in response as he finished his coffee. She was a caged thing in his mind, like playing with a pet, it wasn't as exciting as doing so with something that could bite. Watching her as she replied, shrugging off what he had done to her, no matter how slight. Kaylus wondered how Rexanna would deal with the rumors, or that he decided to hound her with non-commital attempts with her Family, just to continue such rumors. If he couldn't have his fun, he would make her pay, one way or another.

"Yes, I see that now. Whenever you want to turn embers into something worthwhile, send word" He said in a matter-of-fact manner. Then as the waiter came near and she reached to pay, he waved the gentleman still. "The lady's meal is on me, as I seem to have wronged her somehow with my behavior" Looking over toward the waiter and making sure he met his gaze, which told the man that if he took Rexanna's money, Kaylus would do something drastic to the waiter themselves. The look only flashed for a moment, just enough for realization to settle before he returned his eyes to Rexanna.

Leaning closer to her, so that he could speak to her without being heard except by those who were actively doing so on the tables next to them. "Have a pleasant day Miss Rexanna, I found this most informative on the notes of your character. I hope you have a feel for mine, for we may meet again, very soon" Kaylus statement was whispered with a tilt of his head and a smile that most definitely did not reach his eyes. It wasn't that she was beneath him, it was that she was just like everyone else and he felt that she had been robbed. The sole issue was that it wasn't him that did the robbing, it irked him very much.
Kaylus
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'5"
Art Curator
Inactive
Oh, she thinks it’s the best way to live. Self sufficiency and her own freedom mattered more to her than any gossip that would surely come back around to her. But she digs in her bag for her wallet to pay for her meal, but when the waiter returns and announces that the meal is on him, she still tries to pay for it despite the waiters refusal.

Her frustration becomes more glaring when he pays the bill, Rexanna leaning back in her seat for a moment to rake her hand through her hair, to collect her things, including the box of food, and moves to stand only to pause as he leans in again.

I hope we don’t.” She admits a bit honestly, ignoring the way it would obviously be a statement that turns on her, and she haughtily grabs her box and her bag, stands, and gives one last look to Kaylus before she departs out of the little cafe, much to the bewilderment of the crowd inside.
Rexanna
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Financial Aid Merchant
Inactive
Pay a Man enough...
Kaylus watched her struggle, trying to leave with some dignity intact as a strong independent lady. That unspoken statement was smothered like so much wasted energy Rexanna continued to glare at him. While he sat eating his meal as little had occurred, sure, there would be rumors spreading like vile poison. Yet, what could really stick to someone like him? Then she spoke of hope before huffing away, she'd probably be out of earshot as he murmured a response. "Speak not of hope, for it is a thing with feathers", and feathered things are destined to die. Not finishing his sentence as he posed for the onlookers momentarily, before returning quietly to his meal. The smile faded away slowly as if he had emotions like any mortal man, but instead, he was glad that she was gone.

Kaylus would hound Rexanna, send flowers to her home, and make sure it was publically seen that extravagant gifts reached her with Papparazi near enough to take likeness and story. He'd see to it that she'd not live quietly for a while, and wonder if she would come back to him like a bird returning after being uncaged. All so that he could feel its neck snap between his fingertips. Kaylus' hands trembled as he put down his form, clasping his fingers together as if in prayer as he closed his eyes. A smile threatened to break free of his somber expression as he calmed himself. Looking around, he waved the onlookers off, "My apologies for the scene. Waiter, please see to it that meals are on me for ruining everyone's meal with such a spectacle" Kaylus said as he tried to garner more favor before returning to silent contemplation.

Soon he would meet his contact and he needed to get him out of people's minds before he was to conduct business. So after he finished his meal, he pulled up his briefcase and began to reveal documents when his plate was taken away. People would forget and after mulling around with a coffee or two, his contact would arrive to talk business. His mind always wanders back to Art Curator and how he would love to get his hands on her.
Kaylus