This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
sometimes I wonder
Private  — For Sunjata
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
Just because I had an errant ambition
Just because I want a better life
There was a bit of gleeful joy taken in Sunjata's visible exhaustion and frustration. Adam had spent many, many nights running over these very buildings away from enforcers; while this particular one didn't seem quite so heartless as his comrades, it still felt good to make him sweat.

"Gotta be down here." He answered curtly, going to turn on a light that hummed and buzzed before crackling to life, revealing a busy room full of boxes and crates. "Now. If you tell anyone about what's up here, it'll be gone by the second you even think to do it. Get it?" With his best threatening eyes directed towards Sunjata, Adam walked to the middle of the room and leaned up to grab a box at the top of a pile, his shirt lifting to reveal sharp hip bones.

The box came down and was opened to reveal several bags of a crushed powder, which Adam took and nodded at, appraising it by an unknown metric. "We are gonna go somewhere else, but this'll make everything we see about a hundred times cooler."
Just because I made poetry a mission
You might as well punish a kid for coloring outside the lines
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
no i don't need one more reason not to choose ya
cause i came in looking for my hallelujah
Slipping into the room, Sunjata heaves a quiet sigh as he takes in the room he finds himself in. Only drawing his eyes back to Adam when he’s pinned with that stern look, a look of which Sunjata absolutely rolls his eyes to as he pushes down the hood. “Who am I going to tell?” He asks, voice monotone as he steps in further, fingertips trailing along the tops of a box on the side, eyes following Adam now and then but most certainly eyeing the sharp hip bones as they’re exposed for the moment.

But his gaze averts to something else immediately, most notably the bags brought to the surface, brows pinching as he stops everything he does and gets up to Adam’s side to inspect them further. “I…” He pauses, swallowing hard. “How long does it stay in the system?” Because first of all, how does he know Adam isn’t just going to murder him? And second of all, drug tests are certainly a thing, especially for one that dips out on enforcement duties, especially for the son of the Arbiter.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Er...your fucking dad, who rules over this goddamn place and kills people he doesn't like the look of?" Adam answered back sarcastically, unable to hide the anger in his voice, which somewhat ruined the sassy tone he was going for. He paused for a second, frustrated with himself for revealing any actual emotion under his cool-guy facade, the impression he was trying to give out that he was above really caring about it.

It was hard to keep it in though, when Sunjata's father was the reason he didn't have one.

At least they had the powder to focus on. Adam dipped his finger in the bag and put it in his mouth covered with a thin layer of white, tilting his head from side to side as he thought. "Oh, about an hour. Sometimes people get a bit giddy for the next few hours. Don't worry though, no one is gonna catch you on this." Tilting the bag towards Sunjata, he waited until the enforcer had had some and a chance to wonder if he felt any different - then turned the bag around.

Plainly, on the side he had been holding to himself, it said: 'Powdered Sugar'. He held his laughter in for a few more seconds, until it fought out of his pressed-together lips and he bent over, clearly finding his own prank hilarious. "Holy shit, you thought I'd actually show an enforcer where I keep my shit?!"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
If you knew anything about me you’d know that wasn’t the case.” Sunjata counters, raising a brow in Adam’s direction. Sure, he was a Bratena golden child but to his father and everyone directly there? A disappointment, one that leaked minimally out into the public, so he can’t truly fault Adam for not knowing. At least he can try and prove it here.

Still, the little bags of powder distract him completely from it, the boldness of this surprising him and making him wonder whether or not Adam had a few marbles loose or whether he was just testing him. Of course, he’s guillable down here, he falls for it, stepping forward to dip a finger in and let it coat his tongue, head tilting slightly as he stares at Adam in confusion. “Tastes like sugar?” He asks, before the other man’s doubling over himself and he can see that it is indeed just powdered sugar.

His lips form a tight line and he steps closer to Adam, bumping his shoulder into the spidery man. “I thought it was bold.” He mutters, clearly unamused. “Should’ve guessed you’d be a prick about it.” Arms fold across his chest as he glares at Adam, waiting for whatever comes next.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"All I know is that you're Shaju's kid and you wear an enforcer uniform." Adam said plainly, though it was true that the more time he spent with Sunjata, even when it had just been a couple of hours, it became clear he wasn't the militaristic thug so many other Plate soldiers were.

Whether or not Sunjata found Adam's prank amusing, Adam had entertained himself enough for the next month. The question about the taste in addition to the straight-faced reaction had him almost choking with laughter, slowly composing himself over an uncomfortable amount of minutes and clapping a hand on Sunjata's shoulder as he shook his head. "C'mon, it was funny. You were so ready to trip your ass off on my spooky Drench powder."

Once he was recovered, wiping his eyes with a loud 'haaaaahh', Adam turned to investigate the boxes again, this time pulling out one from the middle of a pile and pulling out several bags of snacks, both savoury and sweet. "I uh...know the owner." He said, as he handed a few over to Sunjata. This was obviously a lie.

With the bags tucked under his chin, he went back to the window and sat on the sill, then hoisted himself up with his arms. "We're nearly there. Come on."
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Annoyance treads clearly on the young Bratena’s face, hand wiping along the edge of the borrowed stolen jacket, his steel gaze flat when they find the other man’s hand on his shoulder, clapping it. “You said you’d show me what it’s like down here, forgive me for assuming.” His hand moves in front of him, gesturing to Adam as if it was all the explanation needed.

But before he knows it, that extended hand is filled with snacks and the young enforcer does his best to juggle them when Adam starts moving again. It’s uncoordinated, but he shoves as many of the snacks into his pockets that he can, before following the spidery man out the window, hauling himself out of it just as Adam had, though again far less gracefully.

Where exactly are we going?” He wants to have some idea of what’s going on, though his expectation is low for understanding where they’re going, already so far lost he can’t recall where he’d left his uniform.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"That is what it's like down here. We have a sense of fucking humour." Adam was still pleased with himself, still wore the little smirk, but was finding himself a little miffed that Sunjata didn't find the prank even a little funny. "And you can't trust anyone. You're lucky it's me you trusted with all this and not someone looking to kidnap you and ransom your dad, or whatever. It'd be easy done." He stretched, fingers interlaced and over his head, tilting his head from side to side as if he was considering this plan.

Whether he decided to kidnap Jata or not, it was snacktime.

They moved across a few more buildings, over a signpost that stretched out across a small alley and then finally, came to a ladder that leaned against a small structure on top of a roof. There was a sound here, of crowds and music, and a light that shone up from the street before them, not visible from the level below. "Okay - up here. Hold onto the stuff."

Passing Jata the snacks and rushing up the rungs, he turned back at the top to take them from him then he was gone. When the enforcer made his own way up the ladder, he would find himself on a little viewing deck of sorts - a few wooden pallets and blankets, an umbrella or two wedged into the gaps, ashtrays and empty wrappers telling of it's being used before. Adam was already sat on a well-loved pillow, opening a bag of crisps and looking down to the street below - where a particularly busy street hummed.

"Here. I like watching the Drench move from this spot. You might wanna take the time to actually look at the people, seem 'em as more than baddies to lock up, or whatever." Munching on a handful of crisps with no grace at all, Adam let his legs swing off the edge of the building as he peered down below.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
A scoff slips from his throat at the mention of humor – though it isn’t like the Plates is without it. His father, certainly, and unfortunately it just flowed down the rest of the House into making perhaps quite a dull family. Still, though, the mention of getting kidnapped, yes it was a thought, yes its something he isn’t against. “I have the benefit of my father being quite unlikely to pay a ransom for me.

He refrains from continuing with a do with that information what you will, and instead shrugs a shoulder, the bags in his pockets rustling with the movement. “Okay.” He mutters, following Adam up the roof once he’s grabbed all of the bags. It takes him longer, again, not nearly as flexible as Spider is.  He gets there though, and he moves toward the space to sit, taking up a space beside Adam as he peers below and starts pulling the snacks out of his pockets, handing them back and taking one for himself – spending a moment to read it before opening it (something he probably should’ve done with the ’drugs’ Adam had offered).

He tucks his legs up, opening a bag and wraps his arms around them – nothing like the Enforcers would ever exude, too far out of his element and uncomfortable, but too late to go back. “I know I’m an Enforcer but that doesn’t mean that we all think of you like that.” He offers honestly, glancing up at Adam as he pops one of the snacks into his mouth, crunches it, and his face scrunches up at the taste.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Oh, c'mon." Adam rolled his eyes, leaning lopsidedly against an old crate as he looked across at Sunjata. "Sure, whatever, you guys might not get along, but can you imagine the fucking scandal if you got kidnapped? I think he'd be more likely to try kill someone first, but he'd be trying to get you back. Can't look weaker than the Drench folk." If there was one thing Adam knew about the Plates, it was that reputation was everything up there.

He would have been offended by Sunjata pulling such faces at his hard-earned stolen snacks had he not been distracted by what he said instead. At first he paused, leaning over the edge to watch a couple stroll down the street hand in hand, seeing the way they both visibly angled their walking to avoid the enforcer coming the other way - like they all did. "Then...why do you still do it?"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Keeping his arms around his legs, he glances at Adam as the mention of his father coming down to blaze a trail until he’s found, and he can’t help but to let a scoff leave him. “I’d bet you that if I were kidnapped, he’d just as sooner say I’m dead and clean his hands of me than to try and find me.” But he isn’t kidnapped and truly can’t say, but it is the one with the best chance of happening. “Though you’re right. Enforcer patrols would increase tenfold.” His face scrunches with that at the same time it scrunches with the taste of the snack, a slight wince leaving him as he scans Adam so nonchalantly draped over a crate.

But his focus is lost on the space Adam looks, seeing the enforcers essentially part the sea of Drenchers anywhere they went and he draws in a bit more. “Because you’re right. Appearances.” He moves around a few of the dry snacks in the bag simply just to fiddle, not putting another in his mouth just yet. “That and if I didn’t, he’d beat the shit out of me.” It’s quieter, an admission that’s only hinted at in the Plates but never confirmed, keeping the appearances clean. “So I don’t really have a choice but if I did I wouldn’t be here.” He shrugs a shoulder and pops another one of the snacks into his mouth, swallowing it down as he tries to get used to the taste.

At least not as an enforcer.” His gaze tears away from the vibrancy of the Drench’s neon lights and people enjoying themselves where the enforcers aren’t.
SUNJATA