This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
My dreams are made of you
Private  — Uldren<33
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
Come sink into me and let me breathe you in
The day is a sunny one with very few clouds. No rain for Ira to use as an excuse to stay home. Not that she would use it as an excuse. If anything, she has been looking forward to this day so much that she would have gotten umbrellas and dragged them both out anyway. That it is her birthday is still not what's in the forefront of her mind, however, but where they are going.

With her bag over one shoulder and with an almost constant spring in her step, she takes Uldren from their apartment and through the city, completely ignoring the sting in her eyes as she turns her face towards the sunlight once they leave the shadows of the Plates. Even if she's got sunglasses hanging on her bag within easy reach, she leaves them there for now. Wanting to soak up every little bit of the warming light as she can.

"You're in luck. I managed to trade away both my shifts, so you'll have me all to yourself the entire day." She says as she turns to squint at Uldren with a bright happy smile that might compete with the brightness of the sun at the moment.

They reach what seems to be the end of the road by a thick row of wild twisting bushes, but Ira walks over to a specific spot without hesitation and carefully pulls some of the branches aside to reveal a narrow path. "Just mind the thorns." She holds the branches aside for Uldren to pass through, then follows and takes one of his hands in hers as she starts leading him along the path snaking through the blooming tangled shrubs.
I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 09:04 AM by Ira.)

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
she got my heart in her hands like a headlock
I can't see straight, ten seconds past five o'clock
i don't know what she's doing but she'll do me wrong; she's such a tease
He’s managed to keep the jewelry a secret, kept it hidden in a place where Ira couldn’t sniff it out. And he’s surprisingly very excited about it – keeping it tucked close to him in a pocket as they walk, sunglasses over his eyes to keep the sunlight from bringing on a headache from how bright it is and how unused to it he is. He carries the little basket of food and a backpack with a blanket and other little trinkets with him as they walk, peering at her briefly from over his sunglasses with a huff of a laugh, admiring her bright, sunny smile. “Good, ‘m hopin’ it’ll take all day.” He teases her, but he’s more than content to let her lead the way.

She’s determined and walks with a pure focus of someone that knows exactly where she’s going, and Uldren’s more than content to slip through the space she makes from the branches, slowing his steps enough for her to catch up and guide the way. And all the while he peers out through the drifting branches, trying to spot little flowers here and there or the way the light filters through the trees. “Good thing I brought bandages just in case, huh?” Comes the next little tease, shooting her a playful grin as he nudges her with an elbow. “I can patch you up.” He winks for emphasis.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
In turn, she's managed to keep herself from searching around whenever she had been alone at the apartment. Just looked in places where it would be too obvious to hide something anyway to tell her curiosity that she tried. She hadn't actually wanted to find the gift, knowing that Uldren is excited over having a surprise for her and she doesn't want to to take that away from him. A part of her is glad she's at least prepared that she will be given something, but still a bit anxious over not knowing exactly what it is. Too used to never be given gifts and if she wants something, she gets it herself and knows fully what it is from the start.

"It can take all night too if you'd like" She teases back with a wink. They're not in a hurry and the curfew be damned too. No way any patrols would bother coming all the way out here anyway. So once they are on the path, she reins in her excitement a little bit to walk at a more relaxed pace, even if she's very eager to reach their destination. The way there got its own beauty to it as well and she doesn't want to rush anything.

Uldren mentions having brought bandages and she turns her head to give him an amused look. "Prepared for anything, huh?" Her eyes narrows playfully at the nudge and she huffs a soft laugh. "You almost makes it sound inviting to be scratched just so I can let you wrap me up." She purrs with a grin and stops her walking long enough to lean in and steal a quick kiss from his lips before she continues. "It's not too much further now, so hope your legs aren't getting too tired."

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
A laugh leaves him at the prospect of it taking all night too. “I didn't bring enough to last the whole night.” He says with a minor amount of deflation, a small half smile shot her way in place of the wink she shoots at him. They walk side by side easily, Uldren letting her lead the way, focusing on making sure he doesn’t end up getting scratched by the thorns that seem to try and pop out to snag at them.

He makes his comment about bandages, though, and amusement runs rife within Uldren’s face as he looks sidelong at her, a crooked smile blooming on his face in answer. “Well, I could—” He starts to say before her lips crash into his and he pauses to return the kiss, until they part to continue on the trail toward her favored spot. After all, he doesn’t know what he’s looking for.

I’m doin’ just fine.” He assures her, lacing his arm with hers as they continue to walk, readjusting the basket in his other arm to keep it from bouncing against his leg.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
She leaves any ideas about being wrapped up in bandages to the imagination for now, though amusement is clear on her face and she tries to not grin too much as she continues leading them down the path. Hearing that he's doing alright, she picks up the pace a bit again. The path splits and Ira takes a left, and soon they come to what looks like another dead end of tangled up bushes and trees. Though just as before, she heads over to a spot and lets go of Uldren to pull parts of a bush aside, showing an opening where one can get through.

It's a bit like a tunnel, not tall enough for them to be able to walk through upright but still not so low that they'll have to crawl through on hands and knees. Some newly cut twigs tell that someone has been here recently, maintaining it so it won't grow shut. "No need to worry about thorns here, at least." She assures him with an exited smile and heads through to the other side.

They come out into a small clearing surrounded by different bushes that more or less create a tall wild hedge of leaves and flowers. The ground is a bit of a patchwork of some type of short grass, clovers and other small plants that have managed to grow up after the flood season. Otherwise, the ground is free of whatever debris any flood water might have left behind, as if someone's been taking great care in keeping the place tidy.

Off to one side of the clearing stands two peculiar looking bushes about 6 feet tall. Their stems have been twined together until they have grown into what resembles two narrow trunks. The branches and twigs at the top together create a wider crown of green leaves and orange flowers offering shade. Basically, they've been shaped into looking like two small trees. From the branches hang coloured shards of glass tied together with small strings, as well as all kinds of small ornaments in wood or cheap metals. All from figurines in different shapes, to jewellery like metal bracelets of various kinds and necklace chains. Some look like they've been hanging there for years.

Still smiling with excitement, Ira turns to Uldren after they've made it out into the clearing. "Welcome to my secret little hideout! Or well, formerly secret since you know about it now too."

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
It really is a maze to get down here and through it, but Uldren’s more than content to be guided — not paying too much attention on how to get out because he knows he’d get lost either way. So it’s up to Ira to be able to guide them out when the time comes; and for him? He’s simply content to be along for the ride.

They reach the next stage where Ira ushers him through into a hidden path, the gems dealer ducking as he walks through it and keeps an eye out for thorns despite her comment that there weren’t any. And it isn’t until they emerge out from the tunnel into a surprisingly nice and lush space that Uldren has to pause, standing up straighter now to take it in.

The patchwork of ground covering looks so surprisingly soft compared to the concrete he’s grown used to, and he takes in the bushes made to look like trees, setting down the basket and bag so he can approach it to run his fingers gently along the hanging colored glass. “Wow, Ira, this is a beautiful hideout.” He murmurs, turning back to her with a wider smile twisting up his lips; breaking himself out of the stupor to return to her side and grab the blanket from the basket to lay out so they can start to relax. “How’d you come across it?” He asks while he works.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
With the smile possibly growing even more she watches as he walks over to have a closer look at the small trees and excitedly nods in agreement at the comment about it being beautiful. "Thank you! I've spend a lot of time on it." She can't help some of the pride coming through her happy expression and she looks around the clearing as well while Uldren comes back and starts laying out the blanket.

"Found it years ago. Was more overgrown back then until I started clearing it out a bit." She starts explaining and walks over to the two small tree-bushes to pick up a thin copper bracelet that has fallen to the ground after the string it was hanging in had broken off from long exposure to the weather. "Didn't have any trees, though, so I decided to see if I could make some out of the bushes." She shrugs and makes it sound like it's the most obvious thing to do. If there are no trees and you want trees, you make them yourself. "Took a while to get them like this, but I think they turned out alright."

She finds a new spot to hang the bracelet and then slowly wanders around to have a look at the other things hanging there. "Then I've just filled it with trinkets that I've found over the years. Things that weren't really worth anything to be sold, but I had no other use of it and didn't want to just throw it away." She runs her fingers carefully along some of the glass as well to watch the sunlight reflect through the colours, then looks towards Uldren with a softer smile and makes her way back to him and the blanket.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He can hear the pride and it charms him as he takes in the area she’s spent so much time focusing on and bringing to life as her own little secretive space. He returns, spreading out the blanket and works to ensure that the basket won’t tip over, finding an even surface to set it on before settling in – watching as she walks around the space toward the bushes made into trees, picking something up off the ground that he can’t quite spot. “They do look like trees, so I’d say you did a great job.” He offers, returning back to the basket and blanket to bring out the drinks and their packed lunches, sitting back on his heels as he glances back at her only to look past her toward the trinkets left behind.

And the longer he stares at them, the more he realizes that she certainly does have a penchant for finding things that nobody else really would think twice on. And the result is beautiful and charming, and as she returns the smile that reaches his face is a gentler one – tinged with pride for her before he gestures to the food placed out. “Looks really nice, Ira.” He murmurs gently, before handing her a small plastic glass that they can fill with the bottle still set in the basket. “Maybe I should give ya some of the trinkets I’ve gotten. Then you can add them in, too? Or make a little colorful windchime?” He didn’t really scout things out that often, but sometimes in his work he was often left with things he couldn’t sell either, but ones that would certainly enhance an area like this beautifully.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
Her attention shifts from the surroundings to what Uldren is doing while she walks over and she might look as impressed with what he has prepared as he is with her hideout. Still beaming from the praise, she makes her way around and carefully sits down next to him on the blanket and takes the offered glass. Then his suggestion has her brighten like the sun again. "I'd love to add something like that." She laughs softly and shuffles closer to lean her head against his in an affectionate manner.

"Maybe I'll need to start working on a third tree for it. Bushes take root all the time in here, so could just let one grow up somewhere." She muses and glances over at the two self-made trees already filled with the decorations she's collected. "A special spot just for your trinkets."

Sitting up more straight again, she looks down at what Uldren has laid out on the blanket. She almost wants to tell him that he really didn't need to do all of this for her, but she holds it back, knowing and understanding by now that this is something he's happy to do. "This is impressive too. You've put more effort into it than I would've thought of." She offers him a warm smile and does seem to genuinely appreciate it.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Think I can manage to find some stuff that suits it.” He’s already making the mental notes to remember all the little extra pieces he has laying around that he can’t use in order to bring it here to make into something she can display here. But for now, his creativity is expensed on making sure the picnic is perfect.

He only pauses to look up where she does, toward the two trees standing there, decorated. “Our trinkets.” He teases her lightly, sticking his tongue out at her when she turns to look at him and the blanket he’s spread out and the snacks within, handing her a glass that he’s filled with a kind of sweet juice.

This? Oh it’s nothing. You wanna see what really took a lot of time?” He raises a brow toward her, gesturing her to come and join where he sits on the blanket, working to deal out the food with a fiber of excitement racing through his veins in anticipation.
Uldren