This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
follow your fire
Private  — Locke!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
but the darker the weather, the better the man
you can take all you want but not who i am
It’s not often Sunjata gets to go and do his own thing, but when he does it’s usually only on the Plates. So the closest he can get to any kind of rebelliousness that doesn’t get him locked away or permanently in his enforcer uniform is visiting the Edge, only on the outskirts of the Loop. And luckily for him he can play it off as some excuse to pick up a gift, a unique one, made by those that have managed to make something of a name for themselves topside where the sun isn’t inhibited from soaking into one’s skin.

So it’s here he ends up, perusing each place, down the twisting alleys where he doesn’t get lost given how often he comes here. He can’t say the same for the Drench. Regardless, it’s late-ish, the sun setting behind a few puffy clouds as he makes his way around, some of the stores already starting to wrap up for the day — he can’t really blame them, his sleep schedules gotten so fucked up from the overnight lockdown patrols that he couldn’t get it normal for a day even if he tried.

But hopefully, as he walks through in a light jacket and a pair of comfortable jeans and boots, the young Bratena finds something that catches his eye.
SUNJATA
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 05:10 AM by Sunjata.)
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Trashbag
Inactive
The Edge is about as far up the Plates he can go without standing out too much. And there would come a time and a day where he wouldn't have to worry about that. Not now but soon. The lockdown may suck for some people, but others, like him, it's a flood of gossip and potential sales. But he's not here for that, not really. He's not looking for anything in specific, he's just looking.

And maybe filching a few things. As one does. The sun is starting to set and most of those on the Edge are finishing up long shifts, the perfect targets. Too tired to notice they've lost their watch when someone bumped into them. He had been planning to pilfer a particularly shiny bracelet when he notices something far more interesting. An enforcer he'd maybe been arrested by? Or maybe had a drink with? He doesn't remember exactly where he's seen him but he knows he knows him.

"Ooh, they do give you time off. Surprised." He grins, crooked and maybe a bit too sweet as he shoves his hands into his ill fitting pants. For now.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
The voice is one he only vaguely recognizes, but the face is one that puts the pieces together, and the young Bratena offers Locke an easy smile at the comment. “Only sometimes.” He offers immediately before a smirk crosses his face and he drifts closer to the not-so stranger. “Not nearly enough.” Comes the playful hum before he’s straightening up, clearly reflecting the too sweet smile in his interaction.

Didn’t I just see you… a couple of weeks ago at that… What the fuck was it? The Tanul celebration in the Loop?” He asks, snapping his fingers alongside his thoughts as if it might get them to come to him quicker. Still, the other man’s name eludes his mind as he tries to think on it, remaining close out of pure curiosity and albeit a bit of comfort given the fact it’s a familiar face, even if Locke did seem a bit rough around the edges those times they met. Perhaps that’s what draws him curiously in, gravitated into the other man’s orbit.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Trashbag
Inactive
Locke
Nobody move, there's blood on the floor
His grin is returned and he shakes his head. "You poor thing." It's equal parts sarcasm and sweetness. He has no pity for a Bratena brat. But Sunjata is kinda cute and he probably knows something he shouldn't. "Worse with the lockdown?" Another reason he shouldn't be up here and another reason why he is.

Locke's head tilts, as he tries to place the baby face in front of him. "Yeah, think so. Sunjata, right?" He says the name slowly, piecing together the syllables. He's pretty sure they'd had a drink. Yeah, that sounds right. He threads a hand through his hair, "Well, you wanna get another? Drink I mean." He's sure the name rings a bell but he can't quite place why. Maybe if they get a little more comfortable..
And I can't find my heart
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
An amused huff leaves him the closer he gets to the taller man, rolling his shoulder in a shrug. “Of course it is.” But he bites his tongue from continuing with isn’t everything worse with the lockdown? It’s a good thing Locke distracts him again before he can mull around in his thoughts; instead trying to figure out the other man’s name when his own is brought up.

Yeah.” He says, his smile shifting a hint more boyish and playful. “A drink sounds good…” He trails off as if still trying to place the other man’s name, peering at him curiously and takes in the rugged charm. “Sorry if this comes off rude but… What’s your name again?” It was a constant struggle to remember the varying names people gave him with all the dinners and parties, but meeting him without being so fucked up initially likely would help him remember for the next time. If there was one, that is.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Trashbag
Inactive
Locke
He hums, a bit pleased by the admission. The enforcers being tired, no, exhausted is good for him. Means they're more likely to miss things. At least he hopes so. "Of course, of course. They really do work you guys too hard." Not that he cares, but it gives him ideas.

Locke can't quite pin what Sunjata is feeling at the moment. He'd almost mistake it for flirtation but he's not sure. "I'll have to take your suggestion on where to go. I don't drink here very often." His head tilts at the question and then he pouts. "Very rude. I can't believe you'd forget. Even though I'm not sure I told you in the first place." Pout becomes a grin again, "S'Locke."
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
The jest does make a muscle twitch in his jaw, but he bypasses it – truth be told he doesn’t think that they work the Enforcers hard, he thinks that they have too much of a power trip and deserve to have that peg taken down. But, its nothing he can admit in public, certainly nothing he can say on the Plates being who he is, recognizable as such, and so it’s with that which Sunjata simply offers a low hum of a laugh.

So he moves, instead, stepping closer to the taller man and reaches up to clasp him on the shoulder, guiding him toward the loop again – searching for a bar on the edge of both the loop and the Edge, a space with a mix of both. “Ah. Locke.” The voice almost purrs out of him, tongue clicking at the end of the other man’s voice, but he recovers quickly with the moment of “I know a place.” He removes his hand, but remains close and guides him into a bar not too far from where they just were. Music is loud and lights are a mixture of the high brow chandeliers of the Core mixed with bright neon lights of the Edge, and Sunjata beelines for the bar to order a couple of drinks.

"It's on me." He hums, flashing Locke a bright, toothy smile.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Trashbag
Inactive
Locke
The reaction he gets is unexpected, which is even more curious. He returns the hum without further comment. The hand on his shoulder and the way Sunjata says his name is curious. Admittedly, he's not the touchy type, at least not outside of the bedroom. His head tilts, just slightly, watching as the other straightens. Interesting.

But Sunjata knows a place and Locke is eager to get to know this enforcer better, oddly enough. "'Course you do." He follows Sunjata through the winding alleys to the bar. Its a strange mix but he kind of likes it. Then again, he's never had much taste. Again, he follows Sunjata to the bar and slides onto the stool next to him. He leans forward, chin propped up in one hand as he turns to the other. "Aw, you spoil me~"

Locke flags the bartender down, only moving a bit to look at them, his attention is still on Sunjata. "I'll take a sazerac. What about you? Bet you like them sweet cocktails." He has absolutely no basis for this except to see if he can get a rise out of the other man.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
It’s too much too soon, he thinks, and the Bratena youth grows a bit more reclusive, withdrawing his hand from the other man to guide him to a club nearby. They take up a spot at the bar, Sunjata half turned toward Locke while the other man props his head up onto his fist and peers at him.

And suddenly, all that self doubt comes crushing back in, a bark of a laugh at the mention of sweet drinks. “Sweet cocktails are usually a night ender for me.” He rumbles, amused. It isn’t an outright denial, nor is it an outright acceptance. Instead, Sunjata turns to the bartender and clears his voice. “Whiskey on the rocks, please. The 1235, if you have it.” Which they should, he imagines.

And when the bartender vanished to get their drinks, his attention is back fully on Locke. “So, how’ve you been faring in lockdown?” He asks curiously, the steel of his gaze bright if not reserved, wondering what a man like Locke might do during such ‘rules’.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'2"
Trashbag
Inactive
Locke
Sunjata at least seems somewhat amused. He doesn't deny it but Locke doesn't blame him. Everyone knows you get the sweet fruity shit to get wasted. The goal isn't to get wasted though, not yet. The other man's order makes him perk up a bit, leaning forward to hear it better. Someone's got rich taste.. 1235 huh? Something to tuck away into the back of his mind.

Locke just shrugs in response to the question, "Nothing much changed for me. Guess I can't stay out as late. Feel like a fucking teenager." He doesn't follow the curfew but he's not going to tell a literal enforcer that. The bartender returns, sliding their drinks to them and Locke is all too grateful for his. "You heard anything about them lifting it?" He mutters over the rim of his glass before taking a drink.

It burns and it's delightful. "Or is that too hush hush for my ears?"