This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Bad Medicine
Private  — Sunjatatata
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
the underdogs ate shit and grew
into the wolves you threw them to
It’s early. Not so early that he hasn’t already dealt with his first emergency, but early enough that the scant suggestion of sun hasn’t actually reached this far under the Plates yet. Early enough that Nate feels confident enough to step away from the front room, organizing supplies and various foraged goods in his small stock room.

The chums of the bell has his straightening, groaning as he stretches and walks out into his reception area (as much as the single couch and messy desk could be referred to as such) a greeting already on his lips. The bright “Welcome!” fizzles out when he comes upon an enforcer, another one standing outside his door and blocking it off.

In the space of a breath he stiffens and reforms, ready to play the part required here in the ‘light’. “Something I can help you with? If you need a uh… discreet check up you’ll have to come back later.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
no i don't need one more reason not to choose ya
cause i came in looking for my hallelujah
Oh it isn’t at all what he expects when walking into the clinic, nor is the other man what he expects to see on the other side, but he’s got orders and they’ve brought him here. And Shaju’s doing his damndest to keep him offset, pushing him nearer to his wits end, the tether of patience when dealing with the rest of his squad dropping lower and lower by the hours. And this? This is just the tip of the iceberg, told the details and just told to make it work, then shoved and blocked in as if Nate isn’t the only one trapped and cornered in this clinic now.

But he has company, has to act the part, chin lifting slightly as he regards the stranger with those piercing blues — wondering if he’s recognizable or not. “No check up needed. Following up on a report. It’ll be quick.” He tacks on even though he doesn’t have to, because he thinks it’ll at least offer some relief to the both of them.

And with it, a hand gestures toward Nate for either a place for them to talk or for him to start saying something in response.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
The urge to soft and shuffle is almost unbearable, but somehow Nate bites it back, staring down reducer blankly and going over everything in his head. For the moment, the gesture to go e elsewhere is ignored, Nate crossing his arms instead and letting his head tip to the side. “ What was the report?

The fact that he hasn’t been cuffed or even threatened is leagues better than his usual interactions too, some part of him reminded of the ragtag enforcer he’d fallen in front of. It’s enough to encourage some small scrap of goodwill, Nate sighing and opening one of the examination rooms. The other man is gestured inside first, Nate hollering after and flicking the lights on. “What do you need to get out of here as fast as possible?
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Drug movement.” He offers quickly, sternly but in a way that seems not quite so believable if you knew just how to listen for it. But regardless, he’s pulled into an exam room and his boots thud against the ground in the way that all enforcer boots move, as if commanding those to listen around them for it.

Once inside, however, as the question’s aired, Sunjata peers at Nate with curious and quite exhausted steel eyes. “I just need your inventory counts for the past three months.” He offers, moving toward the counter within the exam room to lean against, resting against his hip there as he waits to see how the request is taken.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Nate's face gives away nothing true, but it does twist with surprise, surprise and then moral outrage. "Drugs? A hand rises to his chest, and then to cover his mouth, laying it on thick. "Moving through here?" Not anymore they weren't, and as far as the enforcer knew nothing of the sort had ever entered through his doors.

Inside the examination room is a different story, Nate looking a fair bit bit less pleased behind closed doors. "That's it?" He all but scoffs, working his jaw. "Let me see what I can make float, eh?" The door closes behind him as he steps out into the reception area again, rustling around behind the desk for a few moments before he returns.

The door is kicked closed behind him as a binder is tossed onto the counter beside where Sunjata leans, Nate gesturing to it with his chin. "Brought what I could, but... well, floods, y'know. Should find what you need in there." And indeed, tucked into the binder, there is a small stack of lasti and some of the inventory requested, water damaged.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
He might be quite green but he’s still able to read people well enough, he thinks. So when Nate makes the motion of covering his chest then mouth, he doesn’t believe it for a second. But if he’s being honest, he doesn’t particularly care all that much one way or another even if it were running through here. He can bullshit his way through it with his fellow enforcers.

He plays the part at least until he gets inside, leaning against the exam table, arms crossing over his chest. The mask remains in place until Nate returns, the binder tossed next to him as he turns to open it up and take a look, taking the mask off as if it might help him read it a bit better.

The money is a unique touch and the young Bratena hums a soft laugh, voice accented heavily from the Plate side, masked up previously by the modulation of the mask. He scoops up the Lasti, the money clinking as he closes the binder and turns to Nate, stepping up to him and lifts his hand to press the money to his chest as if to give it back. “You can keep this. Also, it isn’t exactly the amount of inventory I’ve requested, but I’ll let it slide. This time."
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Nate stands with his back against the door, his arms folded over his chest, watching impassively as his offering is appraised. The appearance of a mouth is a surprise, truth be told, but not one that he lets himself react to, instead focusing himself entirely on the surprisingly young face that has been revealed. Adam's words drift into his head, about the Arbiter jr, words that Nate puts out of his head. It doesn't matter who he's dealing with, so long as he comes out the other side.

At the huff, he takes a step closer, crowding the enforcer in the small room. His mouth opens before the lasti clinking closes it again, a single dark brow lifting at the other man. "Told you. Floods." The words don't have the same kind of bite as his last teasing statements have been, too muddled by confusion at how this interaction is going. Fingers close around Sunjata's wrist while he leans in his face losing what little ease had been on it.

"What the fuck do you want?" It's a low, dangerous hiss, blue eyes wide and focused. "I don't want to play this game." The hope is that he can simply intimidate the other into leaving, or at least into leaving him alone.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
I heard you.” He responds, despite Nate’s attempts and success at crowding him. He stands tall, however, in the hopes that it doesn’t change the fact that he’s really trying to get the point across that he isn’t weak, but that he’s simply different than the other enforcers Nate has had to deal with.

He even surprisingly remains strong when Nate’s hand closes around his wrist, his chin tilting up to meet Nate’s bright blues, revealing his own sharp steel eyes and the dusting of freckles along his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. “I want to kill enough time that they think I’ve shaken you down enough, and then I’ll leave and tell them it checks out and the inventory matches.” The hand with the wrist still held pushes against Nate a bit harder, as if he’s trying more and more to give the lasti back.

There’s no game. I don’t want to be here just as much as you don’t want me here.” A long way of saying that the feeling’s mutual.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
A long, slow breath leaves Nate as he puts the pieces together, not blinking as it happens and he stares at the other. Truth be told, there’s some measure of respect on the fact that the other man doesn’t seem overly intimidated by the closeness, easy enough to swallow that it doesn’t burn on the way down after Nate focuses on the upset brought from that fact instead.

You’re the one from the other night.” Nate accuses roughly, pushing the enforcer back with the hand around his wrist and grabbing the lasti before they can clatter to the ground with the other. “You fuckin’ local now?” He sneers, straightening his shirt as he steps back. “Or are you just following me?

Accusatory blue eyes pierce into Sunjata, Nate disguising his curious stare as a cool glare. Dark brows stay furrowed above his eyes, adding to the image of menace and upset with no effort.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
What is there to be intimidated by when he’s practically armed to the teeth? It’s the one thought that keeps him going as he focuses on not letting Nate intimidate him while still trying to get his points across. But suddenly, he’s pushed back, boot scuffing against the ground as he catches himself, the steel of his gaze hardening as Nate recognizes him a small amount.

Neither.” He grumbles, arms folding across his chest. “All I get are patrols and routes, and then I go from there.” He shrugs a shoulder, eyes sharpening a bit more as he watches Nate. “You just seem to consistently be in the crossfire.” He rolls his eyes in the face of the imagery Nate portrays.
SUNJATA