This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
As The Sun Beats Down
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
the inmate loves the prison guard
the one who feeds him through the bars
A slow, charming smirk spreads across Nate's face, his eyes focused intently on Sunjata's face, the way he can all but see the enforcers pulse hammering through his chest. Those damp fingers pat his cheek gently, a near silent murmur of "Good boy." leaving Nate.

"S'boring." Nate whines, relegating himself to offering out more bites of the pastry whenever the other mans mouth starts to look too empty. "It tastes fine, it's just..." The next bite waves back and forth before it's pressed into the Enforcers mouth. "Safe. I could make something twice as shit just with what I got at home." His eyes scan around, glancing at the food vendor again and squinting at the man, his cart.

Without turning to look back at Sunjata, he speaks again, curls bouncing as his chin tips up. "I mean, don't you want any excitement?"
no day or night, no one can tell
so he paints the ceiling full of stars
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Sunjata
i bank on the funeral,
The charming grin and the gentle pat of his cheek doesn’t help much when it comes to how red his face has become, but he’s resigned to the fact that this is happening and he isn’t bold enough (nor does he want to) stop it from happening. More bites are offered and taken, chewed down slower and slower until Nate’s fingers meet his mouth again and he’s simply positive that the red on his face won’t ever leave.

There’s nothing the Platers like more than safety. It’s why they’re so afraid of you.” He admits, steel gaze drifting from Nate to the space out in front of him, the high quality neon lights a poor replica of the natural ones down below, especially when the sun is able to actually shine upon them up here.

But he finds Nate’s figure again when those bright blues aren’t on him anymore, a huff of a laugh leaving him as he shakes his head, a boyishly crooked smirk crossing his face. “Not if it means eating centi.” Most of them would rather starve than try the Drench specialty.
'cause i learned all my lessons that way
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
"Of me?" A rough chuckle leaves Nate. He knows what the other man means, of course, but it's more fun to think that he alone inspires terror in the pampered hearts of the Plate dwellers. There's a part of him that's certain there is at least one who he does scare, though clearly, not enough to make him back off.

Honestly, the longer things go on, the less Nate's really sure he wants to scare Sunjata off.

Nate turns just in time to see the smirk, his own lips quirking, souring his own expression just a little. "Well. That's why you're boring." Eyes roll, and the hand hovering near burning skin drops away, returning to Nate's lap as he turns to look around again. "Well," He pushes himself up to a standing position, not looking back at Sunjata, "This has been..." Without finishing, he steps away, no clear destination in mind.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Sunjata
i bank on the funeral,
Sure, of you.” Sunjata drawls, huffing slightly as if to make it more clear his meaning and the sarcastic tone of his voice. However, as the conversation turns and Nate’s own expression grows more sour, he can’t help but to wonder where he’s gone wrong. His brows pinch, the flush soothing with the cool breeze as the hand drops away.

When Nate stands, so too does the young Bratena, like the aptly nicknamed puppy he follows the other man. “Where’re you going?” He asks curiously, half jogging to catch up to the taller man’s side, steel gaze surrounded with freckles lifting to try and scan his face, to try and see where he’s gone wrong.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
It shouldn't be surprising. It isn't as if the nickname had come from nowhere, but it's still something of a surprise to be followed. The lack of a uniform is throwing him. Finally the smoke behind his ear makes another appearance, though it's no drier for it's absence, Nate's expression darkening even more with the realization.

"Station." Nate rumbles, gesturing at the imposing building that seems to rise up from the edge of the Plate. "Tram's delayed, but might be back by now." Blue eyes slide across to Sunjata, Nate's tongue making an appearance to wash away a dusting of powdered sugar. "I'm not bringing you home puppy. You don't have a ticket anyway."
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Sunjata
i bank on the funeral,
Oh, uh, about the tram…” Sunjata pauses, steps slowing a fraction with the darkening expression on Nate’s face. But he takes a deep breath and continues the thought anyway. “Technically you don’t have a ticket for today either. They cancelled them for the rest of the night about twenty minutes ago.” There’s a grimace that tugs on his face, knowing it isn’t the news Nate wants to hear.

Some fight and investigation going on at the bottom.” He reaches up to wipe his cheek from the powder sugar, avoiding Nate’s gaze for the moment before he wipes off his hands, takes a deep breath. “I can get you a place to stay tonight, though.” He can pull strings. Even if his father would hate it, he’d still do it.

In fact, there’s a part of him that almost wants to defy his father in some way like this.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nate whirls immediately, somehow stepping to block Sunjata's path and stare him down in the same motion. "What do you mean cancelled?!" It looks like he's going to explode, rage and nausea both turning his face pale. He's about to shout again when the hand on his face stills him, brings some colour back to his cheeks.

Without another word Nate steps away again, towards the edge of the Plate. It's late enough by this point that most of the gawking crowds at the edge are gone, the only people in the area those like him. Stranded in a place they're not wanted, not welcome. It's only one step, but enough to make the immediate thought in his mind clear.

He turns again, staring through Sunjata as he steps close, closer, leaning down so their eyes meet. "I don't want to anything else from you. I don't want anything from you period." Bad things keep happening when the enforcer is around. Nate is at his wits end with it, especially right now. "I'm gonna find my own way down, I'm going to sleep in my own fucking bed, and I'm going to fucking..." A loud growl leaves him as he turns away again, covering his face.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Sunjata
i bank on the funeral,
He actually flinches when Nate whirls, not because of the drencher in front of him but because it’s his usual response to such a shift. It stills him, the flush slipping from his skin as if it’s been painted over, his steel gaze finding Nate’s with an almost closed off gleam. But he’s stilled, doesn’t follow Nate to the edge of the plate, only looks upon the other people equally as stranded, and he swallows hard.

He’s about to simply just leave when he feels Nate’s eyes on him again, still rooted to the spot as the other man stalks over. Muscles feather in his jaw, teeth grinding as their gazes meet and Nate steps away to cover his face, Sunjata’s head hanging slightly. “I just want to help. It’s shitty I know.” He rumbles, shoving his hands into his pockets and half turning away from Nate, peering down the line of the dark alley to look toward the tram.

But I can’t and won’t stop you from whatever you decide.” The young bratena shrugs, looking for all the life of him like a rejected dog.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
The combination of puppy dog eyes and the words drag Nate in two different directions, his emotional state fracturing under the weight of steel eyes. “Don’t say that.” Nate snaps impotently, the heat extinguished from his voice, even if the bristles are still up from the trigger Sunjata keeps playing with. “You have no idea what anything I go through is like.

Fingers part to reveal flashes of watery blue, Nate’s eyes obviously narrowed and appraising, even behind cover. “Things aren’t easy like that for most people. For me.” A muffled breath presses against his hands. “Even if there was rooms left anywhere, I can’t pay it back.

And therein lies the issue. While Sunjata might not be playing a game (might not be) Nate has seen what kinds of things people have been bent to do by blackmail. He won’t let it happen to him.

After what feels like an eternity, Nate steps back towards Sunjata, not dropping his hands until he’s walked past the Bratena. “Why do you even care?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Sunjata
i bank on the funeral,
Hands make an appearance again as Nate protests, the young Bratena’s palms lifted in a placating, almost surrendering motion before they drop again and he’s prepared to let the conversation drop, to turn and leave if it was going to be so terrible. But he doesn’t, not exactly, his gaze returning to Nate the second the rampage continues. “I know.” He has no idea what it’s like, nor will he ever. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to just help.

I’m not asking you to pay me back. It’s a shitty situation and you weren’t initially terrible to me down there so it’s the least I can do.” He shrugs and turns again, slightly away from Nate once more as he starts to figure out just what to do now.

But the following comment as the other man moves again takes his attention, the muscles feathering in his jaw as his boots scuff against the pavement to start heading toward the trains up here. “Is it such a bad thing that there’s some of us that wish shit was better for the Drench and the people within it?” He asks, but there’s a hint of annoyance in it. They’ve been down this road before, but it was on Nate’s terms last time.

This time, it’s on his.