This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
secrets don’t make friends
Private  — Nate <333
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
don't know what you're thinking of
do i chip away or keep defenses up?
The tug moves him slightly, his gaze remaining locked on Nate as the muscles work in his jaw, feathering out against freckled cheeks. Nate makes a valid point, but at the same time it isn’t the same — that craving to be wanted, not tolerated, taking the forefront of his mind. Sure, if he did all that people would tolerate him for a time. Or maybe he’d let it slip he’s the arbiter’s kid and the judgements would come all the same.

He heaves another sigh, shoulders dropping, less pressure applied to his back as the movement presses him into Nate’s finger that presses against his skin. “Of course they do. It’s just another attempt after everything else failed.” It comes out so casually that he doesn’t exactly realize the darkness around it. In fact, there’s more resignation in the idea that it’s just his life, that maybe by doing this and marrying him off to Savera, they’d be far enough away to not cause any other problems. Like the Tsunkif.

But I have too much to figure out up top to give in just yet.” The fractured pieces start to show, those worrying little lines Nate had mentioned as a concern to Adam a while ago.
don't make a sound, if it gets too loud
will you hear me come around?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Let it flood, let it flood, let it wash away
None of this is what he wants. The reaction, the argument. “So you’re just gonna do whatever they tell you to until they make it stick?” Nate laughs, and shakes his head. “Don’t know why they don’t like you then. Sounds like you’re already the perfect soldier to me.

There’s a derisive snort, and then Nate steps away, his support leaving Sunjata so abruptly that the moment it takes him to retreat and hop on the bed hardly even register. “Better get along then, ossifer. I’m sure your friend is waiting.” There’s something more upset than angry in the tone, something Nate tries to keep behind his teeth until he’s alone.

It’s as much a dismissal as it is anything, especially now that Nate is no longer between the other man and the door. There is a weight in the doctors angry eyes though, something he has to bite his teeth to hold back.
And as you stumble through your last crusade
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Nate’s laugh makes a bit more of a frown appear on his face, tugging at the corners of his lips. Muscles feather again in his jaw, gaze trying to drop despite how Nate’s hand prevents it, keeping his gaze locked on the other man, his skin red in part from the connection and his own frustrations. “Can’t convince anyone of it.” Of being a good soldier. Too soft, too gentle.I don’t want to change to fit them.

But then Nate leaves, the space cold and Sunjata actually stumbles forward, hand clutching the mask so tightly that he has to take a deep breath to steady himself, gaze dropping to the floor before his watch again. “I…” He doesn’t want to go yet, the anger in Nate’s gaze weighing heavily, the anger from his partner also weighing heavily the second he steps out of the clinic.

Some tall lanky guy showed me a bit of the Drench. I told him my plans. Dunno if you two know each other but if you do you can ask him.” A casual shrug, the mask unfolding from his clenched hands as he avoids Nate’s gaze, focusing on replacing the mask and takes a step toward the door and hesitates again.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Teeth click as Nate’s head cocks, a mocking pity blanketing his features. “Darlin’, they’re already changing you. You keep listening and you’re doing the work for them.” It’s unfair, especially coming from a man who would rather keep his head down than make waves, but it’s the truth. When you let yourself be swept along by the current, you can’t control where you wash up again. If you wash up at all.

Tall lanky guy doesn’t exactly narrow it down, puppy. How’m I supposed to sniff out your imaginary friend?” The words leave him even while a thought brews in his head. Obviously it’s Adam. It has to be. “It’s not like all us know each other you know.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
For the moment.” He rumbles in annoyance, battling with himself over which challenge he wants to face — Nate? Or Signar, the red faced man just outside. He swallows hard, turning halfway back toward Nate. “I know that.” He rumbles petulantly, like a child grumbling about getting caught out as stupid.

He deals with information. That’s all I got. I’ve been calling him Spider.” A casual roll of a stiff shoulder before he focuses back on Nate, as much as he toys with himself on whether or not he should linger more. “I told him my plans for the Drench. And what… We could all do to even it out.” He does actually focus intensely on Nate this time. “Don’t pretend like I’m doing absolutely nothing.” Those talks about whether things could be different? It applies here. It only applies here.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Yep, that’s Adam. The nickname actually has a grin cracking across the doctors features, one he tries to hide by looking away quickly. “Does he answer to it?” Nate asks eagerly, the words muffled by the hand resting in front of his mouth when he looks back at Sunjata.

Nate keeps his lips tightly buttoned for a moment, though he can’t help but glance down at Sunjata’s uniform, his brows edging up slowly. “I never said you were doing nothing.” A handful of plans is worth about as much as a field of clouds though. It’s pretty, sure, but actions are what matters.

Look, puppy, I already told you: my opinion of you doesn’t matter. And if you care about it, that’s a you dilemma.” The hand over his mouth finally falls now that Nate has himself under control, the smirk less pleased and more sharp.

Don’t come here dressed like that to settle up again, mmkay?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
I’ve never called him by it to know.” Whether or not Adam would answer by it, but that’s neither the important part or the one he wants to continue as Nate continues to speak and Sunjata continues to hesitate, tugging on the bottom of his uniform to keep it even, to pull down any bumps in the fabric.

It is his dilemma, because for whatever reason people’s opinions of him matter more than they should. He doesn’t want to be seen as a brainless Plater, doesn’t want to be seen as another facet of the problem when he could be doing something more. When he is trying to do something more.

Nate’s hand falls away from his mouth and Sunjata raises a brow toward him. “I can’t come into the Drench unless I’m in uniform. And I’m restricted to POINT. So unless you had other ideas.” Perhaps a small detour one day when his shift is over before he heads home, a place where he can deal with the consequences later.
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nate hums, tipping his head back and revealing his throat, with faint bruises pressed above his pulse. They dance as he works his jaw, swallows, then opens his mouth. “You sure are a persistent prick in my sole.” His chin drops so he can focus back on Sunjata.

You allowed to tie one on after a shift?” Despite everything, his temper tantrum and back and forth, Nate sounds almost eager, beneath the frustration about the repressive schedule. “You know the uh, the soggy,” he snaps his fingers and points at Sunjata, “The Belly Up! You know it?” It’s a hole, but one with the honour of technically being the first watering hole on the Plates to cater to any and all.

I’ll be hanging around there night after next, yeah?” All at once that steepness snaps back into place, like it was only waiting it’s turn. “Now get the fuck out. I don’t want that fuckin’ animal having a stroke pounding on my door cause you took too long.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
His gaze lingers on Nate with the initial comment, spying the fading bruises and promptly glances back at the door to the rest of the building, huffing a quiet sigh. “Yeah,” he pauses, glancing back at Nate with a raised brow. “I can try.” He’d still probably get in trouble but it would be easier than to attempt leaving the Plates. And at the very least, he can bring a change of clothes after for the “train ride” back.

Night after next. Got it.” He confirms with a short dip of his head, the modulation clear in his voice again, the heavy drop of his boots as he reaches the door and opens it, steps through, closes it most of the way and heads out of the clinic to an already pissed off partner that he’s 5 minutes late. There’s a grumble from the modulation, but the sound eventually fades away until Nate’s left alone.