This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hangin’ on Tonight
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
Bottoms Up is one of the few places on the Plates Nate is happy to take himself. It helps that it’s only barely on the Plates, tucked into the foundations before POE was even completed, opened by some Drench legacy back before it was even called the Drench.

It also helps that he’s on a date. Kind of. Technically.

It’s quiet, which makes sense considering the lateness of the hour, and the lockdown, though most people are just barely following it anymore. Still, Nate’s made a spectacle of himself, a mesh green jacket over a black tank casually showing off his arms. His bottom half is covered by the table he sits at, but boring compared to accessories; a complicated ring with a holder for a smoke, a single dangling with a sharp shiv of metal and a familiar blue scrap of fabric, and a necklace with pendants that jingle every time he takes a sip from his cup.

Taking another long draw from his jazz cigarette, Nate looks around the room, and lets the acrid smoke drift out his nose.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
It’s fucking late, and truth be told perhaps he should have thought this was to be a date with the things he’s packed in his little duffle he’s brought with him. You know, for changing out of his enforcer uniform from leaving the Drench to take the train ride home. At least, that’s his excuse. It’s late enough that his father won’t be caring what time he rolls in, and he hopes it’s enough to slip under the Arbiter’s radar.

So, not completely lying, the young Bratena does take the train but he doesn’t stop at POINT. He stops at POE and slips out before he’s fully detected alongside the rest of the enforcers heading home. Hopefully his crew is just as tired as he is and doesn’t notice when a man shoves a hat onto his head and bolts out at the warehouse stop. Regardless, the young Bratena steps through the well-worn streets – a part of the town he knows only from his childhood, toward a spot near the edge of the Plate that his father wouldn’t be caught dead in.

This hat is better, one to hide the mark shaved into his head as well as give him some kind of a worker look, if only to blend in a bit better for the stop (though it isn’t like he’s trying very hard given his outfit). A dark pair of jeans with thick black boots, a button up shirt underneath it (with the top two unbuttoned), and a long jacket worn over it all to hide as much as he can.

He doesn’t accessorize much, nothing more than the little blip of silver that can be seen around his neck when he ducks into Bottom’s Up. Immediately he’s searching for Nate, the little dufflebag held close to him as he spots the doctor half hidden by a table, and he beelines straight for it to slip into the seat. “Sorry I’m late.” He rumbles instead of a greeting, shoving the bag between his feet and leans back, dark circles around his eyes. “Had to change and all that.” Part of the deal, wasn’t it?
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Every time the doors opened it’s dragged Nate’s head up towards it, but it’s only on the most recent glance that he’s rewarded with a long, tall drink of a darkly dressed enforcer, the hat a nice touch.

Hey puppy. Days still right, so you’re fine.” Nate rumbles through a haze of smoke, offering his hand out towards the other man – and taking the opportunity to look him up and down, a carefully maintained neutrality on his face. “I’m glad you remembered.” A pinky gestures towards the dark outfit, his lips spread in an easy grin. “Can’t believe you’re not hot though.

A hand lifts, two fingers outstretched to request a new drink for each of them from the barman. “Wasn’t sure you were gonna come yknow.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
The nickname flashes a soft tug on the corner of his mouth, a small half smile blooming at it. Things are starting out differently today and Sunjata releases a sigh of tension as he relaxes into the seat, careful to not let his steel gaze drift anywhere else. The hand is offered and Sunjata glances at it, confusion flaring in a moment as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a hefty amount of lasti, clinking as he slides his hand into Nate’s.

It looks casual, like a gentle greeting between potential friends and maybe more, his fingertips brushing by Nate’s wrist, a swipe of his thumb along the edge of the doctor’s hand, before he pulls his hand away. His fingers are cold, still warming from the trip in the Drench. “I’m still a bit cold from the trip. Just need some warming up.” A soft shrug is given, a small half smile that edges toward a smirk, letting Nate take that comment however he wants it.

But confusion flares and he raises his brow, shifting to lean forward against the table and get a bit more into the other man’s space. “Oh? Dad’s in bed. I’ve got time to kill.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
It’s Nate’s turn to be confused, the lasti palmed and pocketed before understanding flits across his features, his grin widening and growing crooked. “Didn’t have to do that puppy.” His other hand lifts to rub at the places Sunjata had brushed, warming the skin there again before setting his hand back down on the table, face up like an opened invitation on someone else counter.

You just seem like such a goody two shoes,” Nate starts, finding himself interrupted by the old bartender hobbling over to deposit two large mugs on their table, the liquid within warm and spicy smelling, a healthy froth on top. A few bars of lasti are gratefully offered to the man before he’s waved away cheerfully.

This should warm you up.” Nate takes a long sip of his drink, sighing contentedly as the heavy mug clunks against the table again. A frothy moustache is left behind on his lips, his tongue eagerly lapping it away before he grins back across at Sunjata. “If you keep breaking the rules for me I might get the wrong idea.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Hm?” Sunjata asks, the question confusing him as his hands return to his cold part of the table, gaze following the way that Nate warms his hands, before they drift upward, following along the exposed arms, the bright neon green mesh jacket, the exposed skin beneath it and the black shirt beneath that seems to contour.

He seems to realize he’s staring because his gaze abruptly shifts upward, scanning Nate’s face and immediately looking away as his cheeks flare red, luckily having the bartender come deposit the drinks Nate’s apparently buying them. He glances at the mugs, staring a bit harder at his to figure out what it is. “That’s sort of the facade, huh?” He manages to tease back, lifting the mug but still seeming to be inspecting it if only to not try to catch the doctor's gaze.

Only he does look up to see Nate’s tongue chase after the froth left behind from the beer. Immediately his gaze drops down to his own beer, taking a heavy sip of it in the hopes it does warm him up and give him an excuse for his pink cheeks. “Yeah? Maybe that’s my plan.” He murmurs, awkwardly having just blurted it out. And with that admission, he takes another longer sip from the beer, creating his own frothy mustache he chases after with his own tongue.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
There is a lot of him to take in. Nate knows it, just as well as he knows when he’s being looked at, his shoulders rolling back and his legs spreading under the table, knees bumping against Sunjata’s. The already thin tank top strains and struggles to contain his chest, the faintest hint of silver shining through the fabric if the enforcer looks hard enough.

Nate’s head cocks into his nod, Sunjata’s excuse solid enough. Blue eyes focus on the other man as the doctor hums into another sip, a faint flush painting his cheeks. “Don’t know if I believe that it’s a fraca- a fraud.” He stumbles over his words slightly, chuckling about it instead of letting it embarrass him.

Waiting until Sunjata is midway through his drink, Nate leans in close with an expertly crafted innocence on his face and blinks at the other man. “What do you think the wrong idea is?” He asks smoothly, reaching across to sweep away the rest of the foam from Sunjata’s lips gently before popping his thumb into his mouth to clean it automatically.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
There’s a certain way that Nate acts when Sunjata looks at him that is only a dream for the young Bratena. The confidence, the ease, the knowing and showing off. He notices the silver glimmer and curiosity rages to the forefront of his mind before it shifts into the drink, the way Nate stumbles over the word and chuckles effortlessly with it.

It brings the corner of Sunjata’s lips up in a small smile, one he places the mug over as if it’s his secret to keep. But Nate leans in so closely that it surprises Sunjata, brows rising ever so slightly that he’s caught completely off guard when he sets the mug down, Nate’s thumb swiping over his lip to collect the froth and immediately popping into his mouth.

And oh fuck he’s broken, still as steel meets blue suddenly surrounded by freckles in a sea of red — so red he almost looks sunburned suddenly.

He can’t really be smooth about it with that surprise, but he can try to recover, and Nate might feel that sharp inhale from his nose, tongue swiping along his thumb to collect the sweet foam alongside the slight saltiness of Nate’s thumb, before he sucks on it as he pulls back with a pop — still red, but replacing his surprise with a small smirk and his own tilt of his head in an attempt that seems like his own version of checkmate, while unfortunately completely missing to answer Nate’s question.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Well now I don’t know what to think.”  Nate murmurs, blue eyes wide and dancing with delight. “Are you always so needy puppy? You must keep your girlfriend happy.” His hand withdraws, wrapping around his mug again and lifting it for another long pull.

Wiping his lips and letting out a satisfied sigh, Nate aims his grin back across at the scarlet Bratena, his head cocking innocently and sending wild curls bouncing. “Whats the matter darlin? Cat got your tongue?” A grin that shows off all his teeth, and the very tip of his tongue, splits across Nate’s face, the tease easy and gentle.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
The comment of being needy makes him further red, clearing his throat awkwardly as Nate’s hand withdraws, immediately looking away from the other man with the question as he shakes his head and scoffs. “What girlfriend?” Sure he’s engaged but he certainly isn’t doing anything with Savera. They cut those ties in their relationship years ago.

The hat comes off momentarily, a hand lifting to run through his hair before he tightens the hat back down, flushed and a bit flustered. “I, uh, no… No cat here.” His minds broken but he hums a soft laugh, shuffling a little in his seat before he lifts his own glass to his lips again. “Just wasn’t expecting that, is all. Not like I’m complaining, mind you.” He hums over the rim of the mug, before he tries to drown his own inner awkwardness to no avail.
could i lie with you?