This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
A Teaspoon of Trouble
Private  — Arbiter Jr
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Tell the crowd, tell the world
I want everyone to get high
Adam was surprised to see he’d managed to draw a laugh from Sunjata and even more so to hear the answer. Pleased to suddenly be engaging in banter, he immediately wiggled his eyebrows and offered: ”Well, feel free to show me any time.”

He probably would have spiced it up more, added a ‘hot stuff’ to the end, but they had fucked up weapons to steal and a limited amount of time they could spend here. While he was no stranger to dangerous situations in this city, it was rare he was actually in the Plates and under threat of enforcers rushing in after their lunch break.

”How uh…good at keeping inventory are these guys? I mean, I want to take some, but I also don’t want there to be a raid of the whole goddamn Drench because two are missing, you know.” Watching Sunjata climb up and take the two batons from the box, he fiddled with the hem of his shirt, imagining the kind of hell the Plates could rain down upon everyone if they felt something that belonged to them was missing. Still, he let go of his shirt to take them into his hands, feeling the weight and swallowing as he held them closer to himself.
Tell the press, tell the cameras
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
don't know what you're thinking of
do i chip away or keep defenses up?
At least his blunder was well appreciated, so much so that the comment makes him flush – his steel gaze immediately sliding over to scan Adam’s face to see whether it was just a jest or true. All he sees is just the waggling brows, though, and Sunjata can’t help the stark red on his face when he huffs a soft snort. “Oh, uh,” he didn’t expect the conversation to go this way, so when it does Sunjata’s mind simply breaks and he pushes past it in favor of no response so he couldn’t fuck it up, instead grabbing the two weapons and offering them to Adam instead.

The question, though has him nodding as Adam takes them from him. “They’re pretty good, but these ones aren’t labeled and haven’t been accounted for yet. Don’t worry.” He rumbles softly, and even though Adam’s much taller than he is, Sunjata reaches for his shoulder to guide him to head out the warehouse away from the boxes of weaponry before the enforcers come back. “Put them in your shirt for now, though, until we can get a bag to put them in.” Comes the quiet instruction, hiding away the evidence to keep from getting stopped so early in their attempts.
don't make a sound, if it gets too loud
will you hear me come around?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
A lupine grin spread over Adam’s face as Sunjata turned red; he wished he had the time here to poke at this, tease and maybe flirt a little - sadly, it’d have to wait.

”K, if you’re sure. If we get caught I expect you to use whatever weird clout you’ve got to save my ass.” He stared at Sunjata as they walked out, hoping the message really got through. Though there was a more immediate concern too: ”Where in my shirt? It’s gonna look like I got two really weird long tits. That won’t work. I’d put it in my pants but even I don’t have two.”

Stopping, sighing, he looked about the place for a box or piece of fabric, anything to put the batons in so they wouldn’t be so obvious to anyone watching them leave. Eventually he settled on a box in the corner, beat up and old with nothing inside, not something that looked valuable. ”You got something to cover them up with in here?”
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
don't know what you're thinking of
do i chip away or keep defenses up?
A soft laugh – a cross between his embarrassment and honesty – leaves him in response to Adam as he nods his head. “Yeah, I will. Don’t worry.” As for the instruction, he does have to pause to see the way Adam’s shirt wouldn’t be able to hide it, and he shuffles to figure out how to hide them, trying to figure out the best way to keep them concealed.

A box, however, on the inside wouldn’t seemingly go amiss – and Sunjata nods as he steps over to the box, helping Adam set them all out within the box and then slips out of his jacket to shove in the top of it – looking not too different from a little box of fruit they might have picked up over on PO5E. “This should work.” He murmurs, grabbing the box himself so it looked less awkward than Adam carrying it when he doesn’t admittedly look like he belongs around here.

Less suspicious, at least. “Let’s go.” He takes them out the same way, avoiding the cameras until they’re back on the street, heading toward the reservoir on the north east corner of POE, trying to get as far away as possible from the warehouse before the next shift starts up.
don't make a sound, if it gets too loud
will you hear me come around?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam wondered briefly just how far Sunjata’s influence could take them, if the Arbiter-ling really felt like pushing it. How powerful just was being the Arbiter’s son? Sure, Shaju might not have been fond, but probably would have been less so of anyone not showing his family the proper respect. Alongside the obvious intel abilities or a chance to change anything around Kotoll, Adam also envisioned free meals, fawning fans and anything one desired with a snap of the fingers.

Not that Sunjata had made it sound like a life of luxury so far, but maybe he just wasn’t doing it right.

With no issues handing the box over, ready to make a run for it if he had to, Adam followed Sunjata out of the sweltering warehouse and into the yard, squinting a little at the sudden brightness that still burnt his eyes. They took the same winding route back, ducking behind crates and around corrugated metal containers until they made it far enough anyway that he could breathe again, Adam immediately using that breath to inhale the cigarette he had pre-rolled in his pocket.

”Good job. Thanks.” Was all he said as he took the box, ready to take one of the batons apart and use the other for…something. On his way back down to the Drench, he couldn’t help but laugh at how bizarre the whole thing was, but the Arbiter’s son was quickly becoming a useful friend.

END
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!