This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Burning glances, turning heads
Private  — For Sunjata
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
ADAM
They got a file on me and it's a mile long
And they say that they got all of the proof
Adam had spent the better part of an hour looking as brooding as possible against the wall and making a drink last longer than it ought to; he hadn’t gotten any good information except for a few rumours about Plate nobles having affairs, which were so common he could have filled entire tapes with records of who was fucking whom now. Sadly, this event had not been the intel feast he had thought it might be, so now he was just the weird half-naked loner at the back of the party.

Supposing he may as well get something to eat before he slunk off, Adam began to head towards wherever was selling the cheapest food - then he caught sight of Sunjata.

Honestly, he wasn’t sure how he’d missed him, with the sun-themed outfit of the man bright and ostentatious enough to be a whole event on it’s own. The sight made him smile, at first out of amusement then mischievous delight as he decided to walk up to the ray of sunshine.

”Arbiter Jr!” Adam greeted him cheerfully, smacking him on the shoulder. His own outfit had not been selecting for it’s great disguising capabilities and he was sure the nickname would mean Sunjata knew who he was. ”Didn’t know if you’d show up here. Is your dad around? I wanna look really good when he comes in to wipe his arse with the Drenchers.” He laughed, but the phrasing was a bit too awkward for the joke to really land, so he swiftly continued: ”You feel like buying me a drink?”
That I'm just another case of arrested development
I'm just another wasted youth
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
kill your demons, kill 'em dead; in your mirror, in your bed
in your heart, in your head. don't you look good in red?
He is practically a ray of sunshine, glowing and vibrant in comparison to the green leaves of the trees in the Core and the dim glow of lights from the buildings. Though it isn’t entirely just out of the blue that he’s dressed like this, instead taking the chance to symbolize the Saint he’s named after. And at first, well, it seemed like it was a bit too much, but as the guests continue to fill in he spies others that have gone all out as well and he feels a little less awkward for letting himself adorn as gaudy as he has.

After all, he doesn’t exactly have to hide who he is in this place, in this event. It’s a bit of a breath of fresh air. Even more so when Spider calls out the nickname, the young enforcer turning on a heel to see the Drencher approach. He couldn’t have missed him, really, tall, and lanky and hardly wearing a thing it seemed – but the smile that Sunjata offers Adam is bright all the same as his shoulder is smacked in greeting. “Of course I’d be here.” He murmurs, his steel gaze behind the mask scanning Adam briefly before his head tilts slightly. “Oh, no, probably not unless he has to. It’s not exactly his… Style.” His style was showing up when riots occurred on the Plates, or the bougiest parties in the Core where not a single Drencher could even share the same space.

But that’s neither here nor there as Sunjata hums a soft laugh, squinting up at Adam for a moment. “Yeah, sure, what do you want?” He asks, reaching up to adjust the cloak that only partially covers the swooping neckline of the sleeveless shirt he wears, his neck completely bare of jewelry, marks, anything but the hint of freckles and tanned from the sun. He reaches out with his other arm to guide the tall Drencher by the middle of his back toward the drink booths, toward some refreshing mixed lotus drinks on display.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
The friendly smack on the shoulder and genuine smile were reminders that he really was starting to become friends with the Arbiter's son, something Adam was still struggling with accepting. It got more real when Sunjata so casually mentioned Shaju's 'style', something that made him snort. "What, all this hoighty toity shit isn't his style? What's he doing up in the Plates, then?" That was basically everything there was up here, right?

The easy way Sunjata agreed to buy him a drink was pleasing, and Adam followed him grinning, looking over the fancy flower-adorned cups and bottles. "Wow, you don't just do beers up here, huh?" He asked, leaning over to pick a decorative petal off the table and twirling it in his fingers, wondering if it actually added anything to the drink or if it just looked nice. He kept fiddling with it as he looked across to Sunjata to ask: "So is your totally beloved fiancee around here tonight?"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
A snort leaves Sunjata, as does a roll of his eyes hidden behind the mask. “Oh no, that stuff definitely is his style. Just, you know, as you said; not the ones touched by the Drenchers.” Something of which Sunjata certainly has no problem with, not with the friendly smile that’s offered toward the other man – the quiet little kinship they’ve made during his time actually in the Plates – even if he was still an asshole for pretending that the uniform wasn’t there where they’d left it when it definitely had been.

Regardless.

We do, just wasn’t sure if you wanted it since it’s not on your lasti.” He teases lightly. So instead of the lotus punch they’ve found – something which Sunjata isn’t entirely sure what’s in it in the first place, he asks the attendee of the drink booth for a couple of beers, receiving them and passing one of the chilled drinks to Adam as he works to get the twist top off of his. “Haven’t seen her yet. Why?” He asks, flashing an amused smirk Adam’s way, wondering what the motive of that question was.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
"Ahh. So I stank up the place." Adam nodded understandingly. It seemed the presence of Drenchers wasn't enough to upset everyone on the Plates, since there were plenty of them here, but looking around he did notice that a lot of the 'big ones' (leaders, council members, heads of families) were not present.

He snorted at the comment about his lasti and shrugged honestly, gesturing to himself. "Couldn't fit cash anywhere in this outfit and I don't have a right lot anyway." The lotus themed drinks were much nicer than anything he'd had in years and while it would have been an experience, he was glad to end up with the familiar beer in his hand (though, of course, the Plates bottle was much heavier and when he tasted the alcohol within, it tasted less like piss than he was used to). With drinks now procured, he went to find a chair to lounge in, now that everyone had seen his outfit in all his best poses and he was free to relax.

"Just wondering. Wanted to see what she looked like. Curious, you know." He considered adding a joke about being jealous, but he'd only been speaking to Sunjata for a couple of minutes - he decided to wait at least two more before making him embarrassed. "So...any exciting gossip here? Anything useful?"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
A soft laugh leaves the young enforcer, a shrug of his shoulder given to the Drencher as he retrieves their drinks. “Mm, yeah, could say that.” He offers, as he sips from the lotus drink, steel eyes watching Adam as he mentions he has no room for his lasti in his outfit, and he takes it as an excuse to actually look and linger on the other man’s costume, lingering on the most revealing parts before continuing to take it all in until he finds Adam’s masked face again.

It helps that Adam’s already seeking out a chair to lounge in, one that Sunjata follows him to as the question is aired and he seems surprised that Adam hasn’t already seen what Savera looked like, given their most recent date was still part of the headlines. So rather than sit, he steps over to a newspaper container, collecting an old one from a couple of weeks ago, before he returns and sits beside Adam, a bit closer than he might have with others, especially his fellow Platers. “Here.” He sets the newspaper in Adam’s lap, the main story page harboring a large photo of him and her at dinner in a building not too far from here, hand in hand, in love to everyone else, but if you really knew them, you’d see just how much it was all for show.

Nothing too new right now. Not unless you count the few Bourgeoise business families pissed off that the lockdown has still continued to block their shipments.” He rumbles with a shrug, leaning back in the chair as his shoulder brushes up against Adam’s as he scans the party.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
Adam noticed that Sunjata's eyes seemed to be lingering on his exposed hips and chest; he struck his best pose, always a flirt; admittedly sleeping with the Arbiter's son would be very messy, given all their ties and histories...but, as the idea settled in his mind, he couldn't help but think he also quite liked the idea.

"Oooh, shit." He leaned forward to look at the newspaper, almost spilling his beer on the nice Plates couch but managing just at the last moment to save it from disaster. Peering up close to the printed photo he was quiet for few seconds, presumably making a judgement based on criteria only he knew. Then, something in his face changed - Adam held the paper further away, then closer again. "I know this girl. I met her in a bar. We danced and shit."

Other than the bombshell he just dropped, the lack of gossip was disappointing. Adam put the paper down and looked across the hall. "So do you think they're gonna do anything about being pissed off?"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Adam does strike a pose and it’s one that allows Sunjata to look just a little bit longer before he’s changing the subject swiftly with the newspaper that’s placed between them, watching with a raised brow at just how deftly the Drencher saves the beer from spilling all over the couch and himself. It’s amusing, he decides, at least until he says that he knows her. His head tilts slightly as he runs through the history of Savera that he knows and he decides ultimately that it would make sense.

Oh?” Sunjata asks, almost as if he wanted to get more information out of that event – obviously the fact that she was hiding just who she really was, was a given if Adam didn’t know who she was from their conversation alone and needed to see a picture of her. But that’s neither here nor there at this point. “It was probably good for her.” There’s no animosity in the statement, just a true fact. A fact that he thinks he’d also share in its truthfulness if he was ever allowed down in the Drench without his enforcer uniform and perhaps a bit more street knowledge.

But those aren’t his realities and at best, all Sunjata can do is daydream.

As for the Bourgeoisie families doing anything? Sunjata sips from his drink and lets it burn down his throat as he purses his lips a brief moment. “I think it’s too early to tell. It depends on how much they want to mess with their connection to the Heads.” A shoulder rises and falls in a shrug and he slumps back a little bit, his gilded shoulder encroaching on Adam’s space.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
ADAM
"Yeah. I think she was kinda into me." Adam said absentmindedly with a faint smirk, recalling the slightly tense but flirty banter they'd had at the bar. Realising who he was talking to, he took a breath and looked up with an apologetic cringe. "You don't care right? And uh...you seem a lot less surprised than I thought you'd be. About your kind-of-future-wife going down to the Drench." True, Sunjata did it too, but how many Plates kids could there be wandering about with revolutionary mindsets?

Throwing back more beer than was probably responsible for the time of evening, Adam sighed and rolled his eyes at the general crowd before them. "Always fucking slow ass politics. Can't someone just say what they mean and tell him to fuck off?"

The last words said a bit too loud, he winked at a couple of offended Plates nobles near the couch then, noticing how close Sunjata was, took advantage of it to lean on him, head rested lightly on his shoulder; he'd always been touchier when drunk. "Why don't you? Your dad isn't here, so you could announce whatever and tell 'em it's legit. Who's gonna doubt you? Tell them you decided everyone has to strip and shit on the floor or something."
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
A snort leaves Sunjata as Adam says he thinks that she was kind of into him. Truthfully, Sunjata doesn’t care who Savera is or isn’t interested in, he doesn’t even care if she decides to sleep with anyone else in a series of one-night stands. All in all, it should be clear that there’s no jealousy to be found (except perhaps the ability to go and fuck around and find out without the repercussions he ends up with). “Why would I?” Sunjata asks, raising a brow toward the taller man. “I’d be down there not in uniform if I could.” The liquor does help that sentence come out into the open, but in case it wasn’t clear enough for Adam that day they first officially spent time together? The Drench mesmerized him.

Still, Sunjata can’t help but to laugh even in the face of those prissy nobles at Adam’s comment, immediately turning to him with a soft little “Shh!” when he feels Adam’s head rest on his gilded shoulder and he stills immediately where he was before, his smile a touch softer. “Do you want the lockdown lifting any time soon?” He asks quietly, shifting his glass to his other hand so he doesn’t jostle Adam’s head too much – too unused to being touched and too selfish to do anything to make it go away too soon.

You’re really underestimating how much people believe me.” He drawls, taking a longer sip of the alcohol and sighs as it burns down his throat. “Everyone doubts me. Unless it has a Shaju seal of approval written into it, they won’t listen to a fucking thing I say.” So many meetings where his father had deemed him unprepared. It’s a lot of the reason for his enforcer work down in the Drench, to toughen him up, to see if he can handle the job. "It's adorable you think that they're at my beck and call."
SUNJATA