This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
What a Lovely Time
Private  — Nate
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam

Now a couple of drinks and conversations in, Adam was enjoying himself. Sure, later on he'd feel conflicted about having had a good time in the same room as Platers, but for now he was just enjoying the buzz and energy of the room. Some of the costumes were even pretty good (of course, his was the most sexy, but it was admittedly quite simple).

His eyes fell on a blue outfit he hadn't yet seen, the mask reminicisent of two fish with their tails in the air; it took a moment due the vague drunkeness crawling over his senses, but from the gait and hold of the shoulders he realised it was Nate. It was odd to see him here, where the surroundings were so fine and no one was ill.

Standing up from the velvet couch he'd collapsed in with a wide grin, he swaggered over to Nate and slid his hands over his shoulders from the back, slinking in closer like a snake as his fingers slid down over Nate's collarbones and chest. "Hey there, fishboy." He whispered in his best seductive tone, already breaking down into laughter by the last syllable.
I'm the gap between a tragedy and comedy
Don't come at me
I'm the main character and you have to like me
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:27 PM by Adam.)
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
climbing the ladder, faster and faster
impending disaster goes faster, and—
It’s a good party. It’s a scam, a bandaid on an amputation, but it’s fun. There’s good food, good drinks, decent music, and enough flow to the crowd that it never feels truly stifling, especially compared to the swells in the Drench. Even sitting on the edge of the festivities as he is Nate is having a good time, people watching and trying to let his head settle before he ventures back for more imbibements.

Stiffening as he draws a sharp breath in, Nate rolls his shoulders back, exhaling only when he glances down and notices how familiar the hands on him are. “You're gonna get decked doing that one day.” The doctor turns to wrap a steadying arm around Adams waist and face him, his grin splitting his cheeks.

You know, I’ve always wanted to look at you and see myself.” He teases, referring to the shiny mask the other man sports.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"I haven't yet!" Adam objected cheerfully, tapping his fingers over Nate's chest in a rhythmless pattern then laughing as he was pulled into an embrace. Closer like this, he could study the fish mask in some detail, the way the tails framed Nate's eyes and the little painted scales. "So how'd you end up with this fuckin' look? It's pretty cool, but it's not what I thought you'd wear."

Not that he had any real idea what anyone should wear to this kind of party.

Snorting at the comment on his own mask, for a moment covering it with his hand to stop Nate having his mirror, Adam smiled contentedly and looked around the room. As his eyes scanned the space, the smile fell and he became thoughtful instead, leaning in to whisper: "So...do you recognise anyone here? Any good gossip? Anyone tried to invite you to a creepy sex cult party yet?"
Don't come at me
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
"Wanted to make sure everyone could see one of my better assets." Nate laughs, pushing his lips out in an exaggerated pout. It seems more like he's just making faces at himself in the mirror though, at least judging by the true frown that crosses his face as Adam covers his own mirrored mask. Blue eyes rolls as he leans back, scanning the crowd again.

Curls give away the subtle shake of his head, a low sigh hissing out through the curl of Nate's grin. "Haven't been that lucky yet. Think I saw the fuckin'... Bratena puppy, but no one else interesting." A yawn leaves him and he leans back more insistently against Adam. "Y'wanna come get a drink with me? Might as well drink their booze while we're here."
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam

"If your lips are of your best assets, you should use them more." Adam teased with a nudge. "Especially on my best asset."

They both scanned the crowd as if either of them could realistically expect to know anyone here in the midst of the Plates. "Oh, Sunjata? Arbiter Jr? He's...I dunno, he's alright." Adam tilted his head from side to side, not sure quite how to categorise the relationship he had begun to develop with Shaju's heir. "Can never really trust a Plater all the way though." There was still a fear in the back of his mind that everything he'd seen so far had been an elaborate set up - he'd heard of more outrageous things, even in the stories of his own family.

"Hell yeah. I'm already uh....four...deep? Let's keep goin'." Adam began to head to the drinks, only waving as he walked a little. A respectable amount for the amount of alcohol he'd consumed. As he walked, he looked back to ask: "Heard that Shaju considers this kinda thing beneath him. How's that for tryin' to fix fucking relationships and mood between all of us, eh?"
Don't come at me
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
You don’t get both, that’s just greedy.” The reply presses through an easy twist of Nate’s lips, his tongue dipping out to wet the full bottom one as he rests just a little more weight on the other man. “But if you wanna give up my cocks…

With the threat hanging in the air and the crowd around them found lacking Nate turns his bright eyes back on Adam, hesitating before he opens his mouth. “He unlocked one of the service doors for me a little while ago.” His jaw works back and forth, eyes sliding off Adam so he can instead focus on where they’re going. “Might’ve agreed to meet him again.” The confession leaves him just as they come up to the drink table, Nate banking on the liquor being enough of a distraction to slip past it.

Enough lasti is set down to get two of the cheapest drinks on offer. Nate’s mask shifts as he wrinkles his nose, not wanting to think about the likes of Shaju. “Just hearing his saints scorned name is making me lose my buzz, would you really want him actually here?
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Fine, fine. For my birthday?" Adam asked cheekily, nudging Nate back.

It was interesting to learn he wasn't the only Drencher that Sunjata had helped - and a little concerning. Alarm bells started going off in the back of Adam's head, not enough to be sure of anything, but enough to make him reach out a hand for Nate's arm and lean in close: "Y'know...he helped me out with some stuff too. Showed me some Plates weapons. ...Is it starting to feel a bit suspicious to you? Arbiter's kid, helping us both out like that?" Surely, if Sunjata was genuine, he'd want to keep his missions as small and limited as possible.

He smiled to himself as he saw Nate get the cheapest drinks, a contrast to Sunjata earlier in the evening. "I mean. Socially? No. But for my job? Yeah. Shaju farts and I get a week's material out of it. With the lockdown, news has been really fucking slow." Adam took his drink and knocked back a respectable amount of it right away, taking a step back that might have become a stumble were he not such a practiced alcoholic. After an exaggerated gasp for air, he added: "--Sides, I like imagining the ceiling falling in on his head."
Don't come at me
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Paranoia usually flows through Nate like a river; the hidden facets of his personality shaped by that innate lack of trust. He leans more firmly against Adam, their foreheads bumping and hiding the soft huff of amusement. “If he is up to somethin’ nefarious, it ain’t on daddy’s word.” Teeth snap around the mocking title, something vicious rising up in Nate’s mouth before he manages to swallow it again.

With one arm around Adam and the other holding onto his cheap drink, Nate leads them away again, aiming for an area where others are sitting and drinking, offering camouflage.

Choking on his drink as the comment about the ceiling reaches him, Nate draws back so he can gasp in a breath, the colour on his lips smeared artlessly. “That’d be fuckin poetic, wouldn’t it?” He grins savagely, offering out the rest of his drink to Adam.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam

The one thing Adam could always count on Nate for was a conspirator and he was relieved to see the equal amount of suspicion in the Doctor's eyes. "How d'ya know? Sure, he says it isn't, but could be a really deep cover up. Like, he's pretending to rebel to get us to like him, y'know." Dark eyes scanned the crowd for Sunjata and once they landed on him Adam felt the new doubt in him soften a little upon seeing his face - it didn't seem like one of a liar - but he drew his glance away and hardened himself, knowing that the Plates were a different place.

People here would stab you in the back for a crumb of power.

He let himself be lead away easily, his free hand snaking around Nate's waist, how he imagined a fancy Plates couple might walk (more mockery than any genuine interest in blending in). Flopping down without much grace, he nodded with a grin as Nate laughed. "Maybe we could start a new Plates on the bit that crushed hi--oh, is that for me?" Adam took the drink offered out towards him and tipped it back, the light rush in his head now a hopeless cause. "I'm gonna be fucking wrecked by the end of this. I'm making it your responsibility to make sure I get back down there and don't become Shaju's gimp."
Don't come at me
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Pretty sure he’s not capable of the kind of dedication it takes to not hate the man who beats you.” Nate says the words with an air of finality, his painted lips frowning exaggeratedly. If he were just an iota more rational, he might recognize the bias clouding his judgement. They move past it though, turning away literally and figuratively in search of quieter, subtler corners.

The doctors arm stays anchored around Adam’s shoulders, a chuckle shaking him gently. He releases the drink without hesitation and leans in close to whisper in Adam’s ear. “I’ll make sure you get home. When have I not taken care of you?” Another laugh leaves him, filling the space between thoughts so Adam doesn’t get the chance to snark back. “Why would you want a higher Plate? I say bring ‘em all down!” The words slip out of him louder than he means, prompting a rash of scandalized flares aimed towards them.
NATE