This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
brighter than the sun
Open+ 
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
His embarrassment smooths out a little as Cian tells him it isn’t ridiculous — even if he feels like it is given the fact it wasn’t official, and certainly he could only be upset if he’d made moves before instead of just assuming, so he sighs slightly and hums a soft laugh, still facing Cian but he slumps in his chair, shoulder pressed against the back of it, one leg now lifted and tucked up under his other. “Maybe if I had asked him before.” But he hadn’t. And now it seemed a bit too late for that.

As Cian continues and mentions he’d likely be impulsive and confront him, Sunjata reddens a bit further, another huff leaving him as he reaches up to take the mask off, setting the gilded metal piece in his lap as he rubs at his face with a quiet groan of agreement. He often was impulsive, but something like this was completely frowned upon for him, and it causes him to pinch the bridge of his nose as he thinks.

It’s… a bit complicated.” He begins, hand falling away from his face as he looks at Cian with a slight wince. “I honestly want nothing more than to do that, but it… Saints, it would go nowhere. I mean, I’m already engaged anyway without a clear way to break the fuckin’ thing, and he’s a guy so my father would never agree, and he’s from the Drench which certainly isn’t an ’approved’ match to start with.” His hand rises to add the quotes around the approval comment before he rubs at his face again and leans back, letting a sigh slip past his lips.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian puts an elbow up on top of the chair's backrest and leans the side of his head against his knuckles as he listens patiently, but his brow slowly move together in a frown. He pushes his own mask away from his eyes and up on his head. The first thought in his head was that things were simple. Just talk to the other half, break free and ignore what the parent think. However, he manages to make his head think another round and come to the conclusion that things could indeed be difficult. He knew how it felt like wanting the approval of your parents and not wanting to disappoint them. In Cian's case, it had nothing to do with relationships, but he thought he felt some kind of understanding anyway.

It did still confuse him. Why the father in question seemed to be so involved in this. The detail about Sunjata getting close to another while being engaged went over Cian's head until he thought through what had just been said a third time. "Why... Can't you break the engagement?" He asks carefully and gives Sunjata a bit of a concerned look. He does not want to pry on why Sunjata wanted to break up, more what was stopping him. Cian quietly hoped he would not make himself seem like an ignorant fool by asking.

He has a feeling that this is some complicated aristocrat business that he has got no understanding of. Especially the part about this love interest in question being from the Drench was a big clue. Cian might still be considered a newcomer to the city, but the tension between the top and the bottom parts of the city had not gone unnoticed. More questions bubbles in his mind, but he keeps himself from bombarding Sunjata with all of them at once.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
It would be so much easier to have that freedom, to not be expected to become the next Arbiter, to be able to make his own choices. So when Cian asks why he can’t break the engagement, he pulls his hand away from rubbing at his face to prop his head up instead. “Because it’s arranged and a deal between my father and the Bravlet house.” He rumbles, before he chews at the inside of his cheek. “We’ve tried. Most we can do is extend the I do’s a little while longer.” Which gave them more time to try and figure out how to break it off, but it seemed unlikely.

He tries to recall their conversation when they’d met, wondering if he had told Cian he was the heir or if the last name was simply just coincidence, but he’s drunk enough that he can easily repeat himself without thinking much else about it. “I’m the Bratena heir. It’s why it matters so much. I’m supposed to be the next Arbiter.” It’s said quieter, as if it was a secret, despite the fact that nearly everyone here who was born on the Plates knew what he looked like, who he was.

Nevermind the fact there’s little cases of newspapers nearby them where one could buy last weeks paper, who’s front pages displayed him very clearly, all cleaned up in a conservative grey suit compared to the gilded costume with the scooped neckline he currently wears.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
The rumbling of Sunjata's voice makes Cian shift his position ever so slightly away. One might not even notice it if not paying close attention. His face keeps the mixed expression of concern and puzzlement. While feeling sorry for Sunjata being in that situation, he also did not envy him at all. The idea of having a marriage being arranged for him was just crazy. He was secretly happy his "low birth" did not force any such responsibilities on him.

After taking a long sip of his now almost finished drink, Cian clear his throat softly and nods. "Yeah, I remember you mentioned it was your father on those lockdown announcements. Man, I... I can't imagine how all that is like." Cian felt a bit stupid for just stating what was probably obvious. It at least seemed like it sucked, judging by Sunjata's behaviour. Cian had been about to add a "I am sorry to hear", but decided against it. Sunjata probably did not want any pity from him, he assumes.

"Want another drink?" He blurts out and stands up. He needed another drink. Not that the topic was demanding it for him, but the slow growing fog around his mind felt comfortable enough to keep around. And if he was to be honest with himself, he simply has no clever thing to say yet in response, but getting more drinks was often a good option. Maybe. Sometimes.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
A shoulder rises and falls in a shrug, the other man’s movement wholly unnoticed by the young Enforcer. “It’s expected. I should be fine with it.” Like every one of them before him. Like his own mother and father who held little like for one another other than the duty they promised, yet Sunjata can’t grasp it, doesn’t want to figure it out. Him and Savera had tried once and it had nearly cost them their friendship and now they were forced into it to continue to keep the traditional status quo.

But he seems to suddenly realize he’s put a large damper on the mood, so when Cian asks if he’d like another drink, the young man nods, immediately standing and looping his mask around his wrist to follow him to the drink cart. Of course he remembers that Cian has been worried about how much he could afford while being stuck here and he isn’t about to let him pay for his drink when Sunjata rarely got the opportunity to spend his own.

Get whatever you’d like. My treat, since I soured the mood.” He offers an apologetic smile before turning to order yet another strong mixed drink, something dark and smoky. Then, waiting for Cian to order his, Sunjata pulls out his lasti to pay. “Thanks for letting me vent. I don’t really get the chance to do it often.” He bottles up until he can’t handle it anymore, spiraling himself into some form of self destruction, as per usual.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian had wanted to state that it was nothing anyone should be fine with, but kept that opinion to himself. For now at least. Instead, he looks to be about to protest when Sunjata stands up as well and comes with to the drink cart. "Sure, alright." Can't say no to free drinks. He ask the cart owner for "anything" and receives a very pale blue drink. No fancy little umbrella this time, though.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I don't always know clever things to say, but I don't mind lending an ear." He takes his drink, turning back to Sunjata with a small smile. "I usually got my brother to listen to my rambles, but eh... Not really kept much contact with home since I got here." A quiet sigh left him and he took a drink from his mug, barely holding back a small cough as the surprisingly strong liquid went down his throat.

He had felt a bit lonely since he got to Ok'Kotoll. Being away from home was nothing new for him, but usually he had been away on actual work and kept contact with his family. This time, it was different. He still had not dared to be honest and tell them he was stuck in the capital, and the more he pushed it ahead of himself, the more difficult it got to find the courage to tell them.

With one more sigh, he takes another sip to try and calm the whirlwind of thoughts that threatened to start spinning in his mind, and turns his attention back to Sunjata.
"I assume this heir thing is not something you can just back down from? Not as simple as telling them you are not interested? If you were not interested, that is." It did not seem like Sunjata was jumping from joy over it, but Cian did not want to go ahead and assume too much now.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He can relate immensely to Cian at the mention of not knowing clever things to say. When it comes to explaining and using his words effectively in general, Sunjata never quite got that figured out. Too often does he spend a majority of his time trying to explain what he means after having been misconstrued, an event which luckily hasn’t happened so far in his conversations with the other man. As for not keeping contact, he nods with a bit of sympathy. “I’m still sorry you’re stuck here.” But he’s selfishly glad in a way to have him here.

He takes a sip from the drink, a much smaller one this time now that he isn’t trying to drown his sorrows, and lifts his attention to Cian as he’s addressed again. There’s a small half smile that blooms on his face, more sorrowful than anything, before he shakes his head and reaches up with his freehand to adjust his own gilded neckline. “No, uh, not without some severe repercussions.” There’s a wince that accompanies it as his hand drops from his neck and he focuses back on the glass before taking a deep inhale.

I’m not quite ready for that anyway, so unless I can manage to fake my death or something, it’s a sealed deal.” It’s meant to be a joke, yet it comes off severely truthful.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian shrugs lightly in response. Him being stuck here was sort of his own fault. Had he not taken that delivery job, it would have been fine. There were a lot of "what if"s going around in his mind. At least he was managing alright for now and was not in any immediate risk of losing his rented room.

Just like Sunjata, he takes a sip of his own drink and another frown grows on his face as he listens. The worst thing he could see himself getting pushed into was taking over his mothers' shop, and that was not even near what was resting on Sunjata's shoulders. Besides, his brother was more likely to take care of that one in the future than he was. He wants to come up with something supportive to say, but all he could think of was how much he would dislike being in that situation and that felt so unhelpful to say.

"Well, faking your own death might not be Plan A... Or B... It might be Plan H." It was an attempt to lighten up the mood a bit and a soft chuckle left him, before he takes another sip. "But yeah... I can't pretend to properly imagine how it is like. Just must be some way to change the tradition... Mh, probably not my place to really poke my nose into." He had to be careful with his words and opinions about these things, even if Sunjata did not seem fully supportive of the system he was in. The drinks makes it too easy to say the first thing that comes to mind.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
He ate well, moved, and laughed a lot. Likewise, strength was tested and luck was challenged. It was time for one thing: a good drink. Siegfried didn't care who was there, but the atmosphere was almost enough to make him cry. It was time to turn the page.

He took off his mask and smiled broadly. "Excuse me, is this seat free? I'm Siegfried and relatively new to the city and I'm not yet very familiar with the customs here. Is there a drink you gentlemen can recommend?"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
It works, this little game that Cian plays to lighten the mood. The jest of which type of plan it would better fall into certainly does bring a brighter smile to the cloudy one shrouding Sunjata’s face. “Plan H… How to get away from birthrights.” He tacks on in a terrible manner, making fun of it himself with the help of the alcohol. In fact, even as he continues on Sunjata’s mind trails from the jest into the current topic at hand. “Not unless I go through with it and make changes once I’m there, but I have to get there first. That’s the hardest part.” Fitting the mold they wanted him in just long enough to be untouchable.

Luckily, before he can start delving into it too much more, a man arrives and removes his mask, introduces himself and seems genuinely like a ray of sunshine compared to Sunjata’s bitter mood. It’s a bit ironic, too, given Sunjata’s outfit is entirely sun themed. Regardless, the stranger is offered a bright smile in response. “Yeah, it is. I’m Sunjata, s’nice to meet you.” His words slur a bit together as he tries to fit in everything he wants to say immediately, almost as if forgetting he can take his time with it.

Depends on your taste and your budget, but a pretty good middle road one is the Blossom.” It’s sweet and tasty, not too expensive for the amount of liquor within it. “This one’s a Side Car I think.” He honestly can’t remember what he ordered, but he knows it’s got a few of his favorite things in it. Whiskey and honey, to name a few. But he leans back slightly to glance toward Cian and see what his opinions were, opening it up to give the newcomer some more options to choose from.
could i lie with you?