This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
brighter than the sun
Open+ 
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian is all chuckles and smiles at this point over their little jokes. Some might call them tasteless, but that did not pass his mind right now. It was filled with the cosy fluff of alcohol. "To avoid getting there, you have to get there and change the rules. Makes... Perfect sense." He snorts softly and drinks again. The strength of the drink did not affect his throat as much now.

He almost jumps as a stranger suddenly shows up, as he had not paid attention at all to whatever was going on next to him and Sunjata. He raises his glass in greeting. "Welcome, fellow newcomer. Name's Cian." Siegfried gets a bright smile from him, before Cian makes his way back to the chairs on the side of the road by the drink cart. He sits down on one of them and leans back with a content sight.

"I have no idea what this one is. I just asked for whatever and got this. It's got a good kick, though." He responds when he notices them discussing drinks and holds up his own to have a closer look at the pale blue liquid. "Looks like a Vovonen's Grace, but does not taste like it... Maybe it is of lesser quality." The last bits he says in a quiet mumble, for the cart owner to not hear him.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
A look into the wallet shows that it should probably be something simple. Nevertheless, he did not want to come across as a cheater. Then there would be in the near future just water and bread. It was important that one enjoys life with such festivities. "Good man I take the same what the gentlemen here have and for the two gentlemen a round on me. And a good whiskey if you have it."

Then he turns to the two gentlemen. "I hope you want a round too, I don't want to get you drunk here, a buzz is great but when you wake up the next morning with a bad hangover it's not so special. Except the night was good. As I said I have not been here that long and I am just building up a business here. But that was a bit too much for me. I apologize for that, it's a great pleasure to meet you all."

He then hands the man the coins he has asked for. "I like this festival very much. You get to know a lot of different people here. In Undulini there was nothing like this. The people here know how to have fun. Music is still missing here, but what is not yet can still be." Siegried tried to steer the conversation in one direction.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
Amusement breaks through Sunjata’s clouds, a nice little ray of sunshine thanks to the easy jests with Cian and the new company found in Sigfried. He finds himself squinting at the drink Cian has, trying to distinguish it as a Vovonen’s Grace before he snorts lightly at the other man’s mumble. “That’s probably true.

But then his gaze rises as Sigfried starts to order them more drinks and truthfully, Sunjata’s already beyond buzzed at this point, so he flashes a smile and then proceeds to down the rest of his drink, waiting for the one that Sigfried had insisted on. “I’m pretty sure I’ll be hungover tomorrow, but that’s alright. It isn’t the first time.” He drawls, shifting a little in the seat to focus further on Sigfried. “What kinda business are you in?

Little agreements are hummed about the lack of music, but he hasn’t been to Undunli often enough to know the difference, so he nods along with all the sentiments, letting the alcohol simmer in his stomach before he takes a sip of the new one.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian continues holding up his drink for close inspection for a moment longer. Like a scientist examining the contents of a vial. He then shrugs for himself and takes a drink. When Siegfried starts ordering more drinks, he shrugs again and then nods. "Sure, why not!" Free drinks are free drinks. He goes back to working on his current one while the other two strike up a conversation.

The fog in his brain was increasing as the pace of his drinking was increasing to make space for the next one coming his way. Such a strong drink was probably meant to be sipped on for a good hour, but that kind of sense and reason was hard to find at this point. He receives drink number three for the evening before he can finish the one is is working on, which causes him to down the last bit of drink in one go. Somehow managing to not start coughing as it burns its way down his throat.

With the new drink in hand, Cian leans back in the chair again and keeps himself from start drinking it right away. He had not been consuming any hard liquor in quite some time and the dizzying effect was a bit stronger than he had anticipated. Yet, he has a polite smile on his face and manages to somewhat keep up with what is being said, seemingly content with only listening for now.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
Siegfried thinks about how best to put it into words. "I am a blacksmith, I dabble in many arts. But ironwork is where I would say my most prominent. Welding, fences, or gates. Also, noble blades as well as art made of metal is my specialty. But I also like to face new challenges." He tried to sell his skills. But it was difficult to represent himself without a workpiece. But maybe he would get an invitation.

"I have a good eye for art in general, I would say, but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. That's why I find this masked ball here so special. You meet a lot of new people here. I just don't know how open people here are about some topics. For example, I love to take a sauna, which is best done without clothes." I wonder if there is something like that here. was Siegfried's train of thought. After that, he sipped his drink and it tasted awful, it took him a bit of effort not to contort his face too much and then he immediately took his whisky in his hand.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Free drinks are certainly where it’s at when it comes to how Sunjata’s attempting to drown everything else out. However, he settles and takes the offered new drink, sipping from it and lets it burn while he idly thinks about the work that Sigfried does, interest high in what the man offers until he mentions the sauna without clothes. It spurs an amused smile to cross Sunjata’s face, a glance over at Cian to see if there was anything he’d come across that seemed similar enough to what the other man was looking for.

Those aren’t too common around here unfortunately. Sounds nice, though.” At least in his experience, he’d never stumbled across a sauna like that. “Not to jump around too much, but, do you make brass knuckles by chance? It’s sort of my family’s… thing and the one I have needs to be fixed up.” It was a hand me down, after all. “I was thinking about getting a new one if that’s something you do.” Or could at least attempt to make, Sunjata isn’t picky.

He's also quite fucked up enough that he might forget about this whole conversation in the first place.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
The talk about art and metalwork  has Cian leaning forward a bit in curiosity. He knew nothing about the field, and was eager to learn more about it. At least as much he could learn with his foggy brain struggling to pay attention. The temptation from the third drink in his hand finally grows too large and he takes a sip from it. When the mention of saunas comes up, he frowns thoughtfully for a couple of seconds, then gives Sunjata a shrug when he notices the glance coming his way.

"I have heard of them... Never experienced one, though." He responded with another shrug and took a mouthful of drink from his glass. Then Sunjata brings up brass knuckles and it has Cian pause his drinking. He slowly lowers his mug and observes the younger man. There might be curiosity on his face again, but the expression could be difficult to read.

A few seconds later, Cian leans back in the chair once again. He flips his mask down over his eyes and takes a long drink while he lets the other two discuss weapon business. The thought of warm saunas was much more interesting at the moment.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
His look turns sad at the thought. "Too bad I find something like that very liberating and it's wonderful for the muscles... Then I'm afraid I'll have to build something like that myself. I think that sometimes you should take time for yourself. Massage, peeling, or even a wonderful sauna with a cold shower. Maybe a good wine to go with it. So it can relax wonderfully after a hard day's work."A sauna will probably be the next project.

However, when he hears that there might be a chance to work, he tries to smile. "Sure, whatever you prefer Sunjata, I will do my best and if a simple blacksmith is enough for you to entrust such a simple blacksmith as me with a family inheritance, I will do my best. If you give me a look I can tell you honestly if I can do it or not." He said with a broad smile.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
The fact that Cian hasn’t experienced a sauna like that either has Sunjata perking up a bit at the mention of it. Especially when Sigfried mentions that he might create one, head tilting as he peers back at the newcomer. “Well, when you do, please let me know.” He offers with a soft laugh, sipping lightly from his drink as the alcohol blooms within him further, glancing back over to Cian to see if it’s something he’d partake in too or if it wasn’t exactly his style.

But the subject shifts to the work that Sigfried does and Sunjata nods, flashing a grin back at the blacksmith. “The last time it was worked on, it was given to one of my father’s favorite smiths and he fucked it up more.” A shrug leaves him. “I want a chance to pick who does it and I think you might be a good fit.” Unfortunately, however, he doesn’t have it on him to show the other man.

So trying to get Cian back into the loop as well, he turns to the other man. “Do you have anything like that?” A family heirloom, a weapon of choice.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian lets the topic of the sauna drift away for now and turns his gaze to the drink in his hand, while letting the other two voices talk in the background. If a sauna was in fact built, he could consider it then and there. For now, the idea of a warm place, combined with the effect of the alcohol, makes him really want to go curl up somewhere and drift off... He blinks rapidly a few times and drags his mind back to the presence. Not time and place for that now!

Forcing his attention back to the other two, he can't help but chuckle quietly at the question coming his way. "My good sir, if I was found with some brass knuckles or the likes on me, I would probably be behind bars." He responds in an amused manner, raising his mug at Sunjata and takes a long drink. Even if he did have some weapons in his possession, either on him or back in the room, he would not just admit to it. He is not drunk enough to spill something like that to someone of Sunjata's house, even if he could start considering Sunjata almost friend. Almost. Maybe a few more drinks and a trip to a milkshake bar first.

"Only family item I've got is a harmless ring." He adds after taking another sip and his hand goes up to his neck to give the leather cord hanging around it a light tug, without hauling up the ring from under his shirt. Unless the ring holds a hidden dangerous magical enchantment or something, he is very sure it is completely harmless.