This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
brighter than the sun
Open+ 
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
For some reason, he isn’t expecting the conversation to shift toward him, despite how he makes it about himself with the comment of earrings. And while Cian knew who he was based off their first meeting, Sigfried might not, especially with the information that he’s new here. So he offers a small little smile to Cian, then one that tinges his cheeks red as the compliment of his eyes hits home (something not many do with actual intentions). “Thanks,” he starts, unsure how to take compliments (having rarely received them in his time, making him awkward about them).

Yeah, house rules.” He clears his throat and lifts his chin, his voice dropping and carrying a thicker version of his accent, a mockery of his father. “You can only wear greys and blacks, and if you’re in absolute need of a pop of color, navy blue is only allowed. No piercings or tattoos, the most you should be proud to wear are your scars.” He finishes it with a roll of his eyes, downing the rest of his drink before he slumps back, the gilded shoulders to his outfit clinking with the movement.

And then as if realizing he still hasn’t explained who he is, he turns his head toward Sigfried. “I’m the Bratena House heir, so, I have a bit more strict rules than most of the Platers.” Rules he tends to break in secret, of course, provided he can ensure that those secrets are safe.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
The comment about the brother being a real pain sometimes makes Cian smile faintly for himself. That he can relate to, only difference is that he is the younger brother that is a pain sometimes. Much to his older brother's despair. Not that Cian went looking for trouble or wanted to be in it; he just walked right into it too often.

The compliment about Sunjata's eyes has Cian looking at them again from where he is sitting. They were beautiful, but so were most eyes and Cian did not have the kind of courage to give out compliments like that to strangers or friends. He is also not completely sure what the intention was behind these sudden personal compliments. The mock voice of Sunjata's father then has Cian chuckle and shake his head slowly. He could not imagine himself living for long under rules like that.

"I am not sure I could wear my scar with pride. I got it being very clumsy, but perhaps I could make up a cool story and run with that. Claim it is a battle scar or something." Another soft chuckle leaves him and he is about to take another sip from his mug, only to be reminded that it is empty.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022, 09:32 AM by Cian.)

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
A long "BORING" was the statement on the rules. "You should be allowed to wear what you want. Love what you want. Without having to worry about what others think. Life is too short to worry about others. Sometimes a little egoism is quite healthy."Siegfried said and smiled slightly. "Everyone should be allowed to develop to a certain degree. As long as it doesn't hurt others, I think you should have some leeway."

A brief thought formed. "Why don't you leave the house if it bothers you so much, Sunjata? As for you, Cian, I don't want your beautiful face to have something as nasty as a scar. Maybe above the eyebrow makes it even more dangerous. I like dangerous boys." Another wink in the direction of Cian followed.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
The loud BORING that slips from Sigfried is met with a huff of a laugh, one that shifts when he explains his thought process on such things – things of which Sunjata would be more than happy to agree with but wouldn’t get the luxury of such a thing. So he answers Cian’s comment with a statement of his own. “The only thing my father’s a fan of is scarification. We get them as we age up, make new strides, things like that.” He has a few somewhere but he’s not sober enough to shift around to show them off.

But as for leaving the house? Sunjata’s head tilts back to Sigfried with a bit of bewilderment, that something like that could even be possible elsewhere was a surprise to him. “I can’t.” Not if he wanted to live, that is, fake a death potentially – which brings them back to the conversation he and Cian were having right before Sigfried had joined in.

There is another moment of surprise, a bubble of laughter slipping from him despite how he tries to keep it down – the subject of dangerous boys something that was completely unexpected to Sunjata but one that he could agree with, so the enforcer slumps back and lifts his glass about an inch to prevent any Platers walking by to see the toast he was attempting to make. “I can get behind that.” He whispers, quietly to his companions.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
The 'boring' statement draws a small smile to Cian lips. It did sound boring. He observes the other two during their discussion and silently agrees with Siegfried. However, he also has some understanding about Sunjata not being able to. Cian does not know much about the Houses, but he does understand they come with rules stricter than most regular families. Thinking about it, it actually reminded him of how gangs work. Do as they say, or there will be consequences. Try to leave and it might get even worse...

Yet another compliment comes his way and this time, Cian does not react with shy blushing. Instead, he looks to the side for a moment, not really sure how to take it. A small smile that does not quite meet his eyes tugs at the corners of his mouth at the following comments, and after clearing his throat, he looks back to the other two.

"Well, gentlemen, I will disappoint you with the fact that I am not a dangerous boy. I am as harmless as can be." Lies. His mind whispered to him. Perhaps mostly lies to himself than anyone else. He tells himself he is harmless, but is he really? Did the stealing not cause any harm to anyone? The delivery jobs with payment under the table, had they been completely innocent?

Cian gets a momentarily faraway look on his face as his mind tries to spin away with the thoughts. It really wasn't something he should be thinking of. At least not now, in good company with high spirit, laugh and smiles.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
Siegfried tried to say what was coming as kindly as possible. "Your father has ideas about himself. That's all well and good, but not everything. Of course, one should teach his children things like his ideas about the world. But also give him room to develop himself," he said with a curt nod to underline his statement.

"Why shouldn't it be possible?" he said curiously. "You just pack your things and go where you like it better, sweetie. If you want to leave, I'll help you. I come from down there and I know how things work down there. If you really want that. Then you have but only what you carry with you. Nothing else. You give up all this. That's the question if you really want that." Siegfried was serious about this statement.

"As for you bad boy, I mean it in a certain way." He winked at Cian. He left it open to anyone how to take the statement. Another big swig of the whiskey. Slowly he understood why the air had been so thick before.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
A soft snort slips from him as he listens to Sigfried start to go on and on about his father – words of which that should be kept quite quiet up here on the Plates (after all, the majority of Platers would agree with Shaju over Sunjata, something about continuing traditions and new blood becoming weaker and weaker as time moved on.) So he glances sideways toward Sigfried, a small smile on his face that’s only half apologetic. “I appreciate the offer.” Comes a bit quieter before he expands. “If I’m caught I’d be branded as a traitor and sent to the Prison the rest of my life or killed.” A gilded shoulder rises and falls in a shrug and he flashes a brighter smile Sigfried’s way. “So I think I’m just going to manage it.” He flashes a wink as he tilts his glass slightly as if saying that was how he intended on managing it.

It wasn’t entirely wrong.

But then Cian speaks and his silver gaze slips over toward the other man, spotting the seriousness in his tone and a crooked smile crosses his face. Sigfried’s voice is heard before he speaks and Sunjata can’t help but to remain turned slightly with his gaze on the mage. “Everyone’s got a little bit in them, I think.He does, but he certainly isn’t about to announce it to the world, let alone up on Plate side.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Their discussion started to fade into the background. The alcohol made it easier for his mind to lose focus on the presence and open a path for other thoughts to come through. He has probably had enough drink already, yet he could feel he could use another glass. The talks about being bad made him strangely ill at ease.

If he does not show if he noticed the wink. He only gives Siegfried a quick glance, then shifts awkwardly in his seat again. The more compliments coming his way, the more uncertain he feels about them and their meaning. How much he should assume they meant and how much should he take as meaning nothing. The fingers on the hand not holding onto the mug start to fidget slightly. Cian does not seem to be doing it consciously, however.

"And what certain way do you talk about?" His dark eyes turn to look at Siegfried proper. Might as well try to clear all intentions. Winks, smiles and suggestive compliments... Cian tried his best to make the question sound more curious than anything, but if one was alert enough, it can be possible to pick out a more serious tone to his voice.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
"Wouldn't it be better to die free than to live humbled? The offer stands my sweet. I think you are a very strong Sunjata that you could hold out for so long. This is not an easy life and you should be admired for that." Siegfried taught his glass and swallowed loudly.

Then he looked at both of them as seductively as he could. "It's simple, I like bad boys. I like good-looking boys with Charm and personality. I drink with them, I fuck them. They fuck me and we have a horny evening. Afterward, we talk and have fun. Evil is a question of perspective. It should be a plump flirting attempt." He didn't know why it bubbled out of him like that. But apparently, his previous attempts had bounced off the two of them.

"I'm sorry it must be the Alcohol. I can't take too much. If that's not your case, and I've spooked the elephant in the room now, we can talk about something else." He said now, slightly slurring his words.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Perhaps if he truly did have a death wish, then yes, it might be worth it. But for now? No, he very much likes breathing the air and experiencing things (even however limited for him they might be.) So all he can offer is a soft little hum of acknowledgement, that it was a rough series to live under, that he was doing his best.

But then Sigfried continues, all of the things that spew from the newcomers mouth are things Sunjata can’t even fathom being so forth with — the awkwardness seeping into his gut anytime he tried. Perhaps that’s the Bratena in him, the aristocratic poshness that prevents him from talking so boldly.

So all he can offer is a soft, surprised huff of laughter. “Ah,” being all he can manage with the alcohol in his mind, with the way the conversation fluctuates. The alcohol certainly wasn’t helping him get a decent train of thought, however, and he slumps back and casts a glance between his companions. “So, if I were to leave Unk’Kotoll, what state should I visit first?” He asks roundaboutly.
could i lie with you?