This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
brighter than the sun
Open+ 
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
A soft snort leaves Sunjata as he nods his agreement to both Cian and Sigfried. “I think we all know that, just depends on whether the people making the decisions realize it yet.” And they haven’t. And they didn’t want to hear suggestions from anyone else as to why the lockdown would ultimately backfire.

I would imagine the thought is that the Plates would pay for it, alongside housing that would go up in the parks and such to keep as many people pleased as they can.” Which wouldn’t work very well to begin with, but here they are, the Plates faced with the consequences of their own actions.

In response to Sigfried’s thoughts, Sunjata inclines his head toward the other man. “It’s always been a powder keg. Now it’s just getting worse.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian nods in acknowledgment to Siegfried offering him a spot should he need it. He hopes quietly he will not need it, but it was good to know. He reaches out to fill up his mug with some of the non-alcoholic drink and leans back in his chair again, making a soft grunt at what Sunjata is suggesting. "Yeah, I mean... Sure, it would be a reasonably attempt to try and be helpful. But at this point, I think most people would just want to be allowed to leave than having to... Sleep in some temporary tent or barrack in the park."

He picks a handful of small snacks from the table. "Don't get me wrong, I would be grateful for them trying to offer some sort of help to people, but the tension already seems so high at this point." He washes the snacks down with most of his soda, unsure what more he can say. There is a lot he wants to say, but perhaps not in the company of the Bratena heir. Even if Sunjata had voiced opinions against the decisions of the Plate nobles, Cian does not want to trust it too much. Sunjata might come off as genuine, but it could just as likely be a way to make people open up and learn who might be a threat against the order. Some of the fog from the alcohol has left Cian's head now as well and it helps keeping him from just rambling on.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
"I think some of those up there want to see that Evil Blood. They need a reason to justify their actions. Blood will flow on both sides. It's just a question of where to draw the line. Because a coexistence would be just as possible. One has shown it with this ball. I see it as a success. I am glad that I got the opportunity to meet you here and drink a good coffee. Of course, there will be some who will say that it's bullshit, but I don't give a damn." he tried to steer the topic in a slightly different direction.

He took some tea and hoped that if he had enough liquids the hangover wouldn't be that bad the next day. After that, he tried to listen to the men who still looked good to him. He had talked a lot, maybe a little too much. It was time to hear the views of the two. He had his opinion on it quite clearly revealed.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Yeah.” Sunjata agrees with a soft sigh to both Cian and Sigfried, drawing silent as he thinks of what to say next. He spends the time filling his stomach a bit more with some of the fried, greasy food, swallowing it down with a bit of a lemonade drink as he picks apart what he can and can’t get away with saying. Granted, the alcohol loosens his tongue far more than his father would ever approve of, and he simply just hopes Cian and Sigfried don’t take advantage of that.

Probably a thought he should have had before he started drinking, but hindsight is always twenty-twenty after all.

I think they’re going about it completely wrong, but of course where I am all I hear is their nonstop justifications of it. And then to make matters worse, they change my post and send me down into the Drench as part of the lockdown enforcement.” To this he winces, heaves a soft sigh and shakes his head. “It isn’t doing anything but making it worse but they don’t want to hear it so I just try to keep my head down.” That’s the official cover, after all. He isn’t keeping his head down; just enough to keep from getting attention put on him.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian leans far back in the chair and glances up at the sky while listening and trying to figure out what opinions were safe to share. Also going over his options for the near future.

"Perhaps I should just... Use my last money and buy a tent. Camp in a lonely alley somewhere and use my money on food instead of rent." He lets out a short huff, that can almost be a chuckle as well. It might be difficult to pick up if he said it as a joke or not, and perhaps he is not sure himself. Cian shakes his head slowly and takes another drink of the soda. It was a better option than doing something like trying to sneak past the checkpoints and escape the city. He did not trust his abilities for that and ending up shot or locked up in a cell as a result was less good. 'Do you have to pay rent in prison?' No, bad idea...

With a sigh he leans forward again and rests his elbows on his legs. He frowns in thought for a few seconds, then looks to Sunjata. "Why did they send you down there, anyway? Did you piss someone off or are you just that good at your job to keep things in order down there?" Sunjata had not exactly made it seem like a walk in the park to be an enforcer in the Drench.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
Siegfried still tries not to lose his smile, but the whole thing is getting too serious again. But he doesn't think he can change the subject again. "You should always have a backup plan. I also thought that I still had family here. But I was wrong. So I used everything I had left, which wasn't much, for rent and some furniture. Now I try with opportunity jobs to keep afloat. But yes, maybe in hindsight it would have been better in a tent" Now he was forced to stay.

"It should probably toughen him up and show him the difference in how people live. There are always such mind games. Some people never learn. But it can sometimes have other effects," he says with a grin. At the same time he thinks he should stop himself, he talks too much again.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Mm,” Sunjata starts to say, as if about to agree with Cian before he cuts himself off with an internal wince, stuffing food into his mouth before he can say something he might regret later when he’s more sober. He’s content to let Siegried respond to the comment, though, finding it a bit more of a reasonable thought than the one Sunjata was instinctually going to respond with.

But then, it shifts to why he was in the Drench in the first place and Sunjata’s trying to swallow down the food before responding, when Siegried’s voice cuts through. And by this time, he’s lucky to have eaten all the food, because he hiccups a small laugh, nodding with an unhelpful shrug of his shoulders. “Exactly. I’m too soft.” He says, ending the sentence with a curl of his nose, the clear distaste written on his face.

It doesn’t last long, though, because somethings captured Sunjata’s attention and he moves to stand and flashes apologetic smiles to both men. “That’s my cue, for the moment at least. Cian, I’ll see you around. And Siegried? It was nice to meet you. I'll be in touch.” He offers a short little bow to the newcomer, before slipping his mask on, maneuvering his way toward a vaguely familiar enforcer amongst the ranks.

Sunjata out! <3
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Cian's gaze shifts from Sunjata to Siegfried when the latter gives some explanations which Sunjata seems to agree with. He nods along slowly, still not sure he fully understood the reasons but did not feel like poking around in it further at this point. Perhaps he is just a bit too drunk to wrap his mind around things.

Then Sunjata suddenly stands up and Cian frowns up at the other man in mild confusion. "Uh, yeah." He looks around briefly, but fails to spot whatever it was that had pulled Sunjata from his seat. "You know where to find me!" He calls after the young Bratena, before turning back around to the table. He starts sampling a bit more of the food that is still left. Eating while he's got the chance.

"Perhaps he's got the right idea. Maybe one should start moving before it gets too late." Cian looks to Siegfried with a small smile. Who knows, even with the festival in full swing someone in charge might suddenly decide that it is enough. Or he is just being paranoid again.