This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
colors all around
Private  — Siegfried
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
Having tried her hand at some of the games, Lilliane decides it's time for a  short break. A moment to catch her breath and simply enjoy the atmosphere. Armed with a mixed bag of sweets from some vendor on the way, she takes a seat on an unoccupied bench. And as she tries one of the sweets, watching the festival unfold, she smiles.

If only every day could be like this. People mingling and enjoying themselves, regardless of their social standing. Of course, neither people nor society change that quickly. But maybe there will be another masquerade sometime. And then she'll wear an entirely different outfit and see if her friends recognize her.

She chuckles slightly at the thought, taking another of the sweets out of the bag, inspecting it for a moment before shrugging and eating it.
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
Siegfried walked across the street, trying to sort out the various sensory impressions. His gaze fell on the lady on the bench. He liked the dress she was wearing very much. In its different colors, the theme with the butterflies was liked and fit wonderfully with his colorful elephants. He could not take his eyes off her. He caught himself looking at her.

So he musters up his courage. "Good evening, dear lady. I don't want to seem rude or even annoying, but I must say that I like your costume very much and I want to praise you. Did you make it yourself if not I would like to know who is the tailor? By the way, I am Siegfried and I like to call myself an artist. Very pleased to make your acquaintance." He then sits down next to them to show a certain respect and that he is not a threat.

Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
At first, Lilliane is surprised by this unexpected introduction. But after only a moment, the part of her face visible beneath the mask reveals a smile again. "Thank you very much. Although I have to admit I did not make the costume myself. The tailor who helped me turn the idea into reality is truly amazing. I can give you their address if you want."

"Is it not the point of a masquerade to stay anonymous?" she asks with a chuckle. "My name is Lilliane. It's a pleasure to meet you." She takes a closer look at the man as he sits down. His outfit is not easy to miss either. "And I have to return that compliment, I like your costume. It has character. Since you asked me, I assume you made your costume yourself?" While talking, she offers him the open bag of sweets, in case he wants any.
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
"Some see it in a masquerade but it's easy to know the person behind it by the way they act. Maybe my name is wrong and I gave you a false one like you gave me. But no, my name is really Siegfried. A masquerade lowers the threshold of some people they dare more because it gives them the feeling to be anonymous. It's easier to get into a conversation." Then he grabs a piece of her candy and is very happy about it.

After he's finished eating, he clears his throat. "Yes, I call myself an artist, but I think there's one in all of us. You can see art in many things. Since you had the idea for this outfit, you are a better artist than me. With me it is color blots with you it is butterflies on the idea one must first come. I would be grateful if you would tell me more about such ideas." He waits to hear what she should say. He wanted to try out so many different kinds of art. No more sinking into mourning.

Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
"Don't worry, I didn't give you a fake name." He is right though, she realised herself that the anonymity of a costume emboldened her to try things she wouldn't have done otherwise. "Still, the effect of anonymity does disappear the moment introductions are made."

She smiles as he compliments her. "Thank you. Although I am not quite sure how to tell you more about my ideas." Tapping her chin, she makes a short pause. "For example, the idea for this costume didn't come to me in one go, ready to be made. At first, I only had the idea of using a butterfly theme. And upon that fundament, I placed further ideas like bricks. The color scheme, how the butterflies themselves should look, accessories, which hairstyle to add to the outfit. And several times, especially while talking over the details with the tailor, I adjusted and changed things along the way."
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
Siegfried couldn't stifle a grin now. "Nevertheless, a hint of anonymity remains. Just having a name doesn't get you very far." He lets his gaze wander to the people who pretend that there are no classes or etiquette, just fun. "If only the world could always be like it is now, wouldn't that be wonderful?" he says quietly to himself.

He nods a few times. "So you are the ware artist and the tailor just managed to bring your version of it all to life. You have talent Lilliane and not a little of it. I hope to see more of your work in the near future. Otherwise, bring me the ideas and try to implement them or we can exchange them." He hands her a card with his address written on it, clearly stating that he doesn't belong up there.

Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
After his remark, Lilliane takes a moment to watch the people around them as well. "It would be a nice thing. Unfortunately, change comes neither easily nor quickly. The best thing everyone can do is take a little step at a time." It may take generations for the distrust between sides to disappear entirely after all.

Taking the card, she takes a look at it for a moment. Then she nods and stashes it securely in her purse. "I will definitely come by and visit." She chuckles slightly. "To be honest, I am working on learning how to make things myself. So if you do not mind I might ask for advice every now and then."
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
"To be honest, I don't know if I want to wait that long." he said with a grin. "I'd like to talk to more people here. Maybe open a business up here. But it's hard with so many prejudices. But you just make the best of the situation." He said. "I'll just come and visit you and them more often, then that's a start in one direction." He tried to steer the topic in another direction. But yes the color play at this ball was getting better and better.

He nodded curtly. "That would be my pleasure I like to share my knowledge and help where I can. It would be an honor. As long as you share some of your ideas with me. We could talk about it and exchange ideas. I think it would be a good deal." he said with a broad grin.

Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
Lilliane tilts her head slightly as she listens to Siegfried. To her, his ideas seem optimistic yet paradoxically pessimistic at the same time. Then again, people are rarely simple beings. "Prejudice tends to go both ways." And is usually difficult to get rid of. "As for opening a business up here, I think your best bet would be to find someone with a lot of money who would be interested in funding you. With their help, you should be able to achieve your goal. You only have to be good enough in your craft to catch  someone's attention. And to keep a steady income once you open up shop, obviously." Of course, those from the Drench usually don't trust the Platers enough to try this approach. And there is a certain quality in trying to achieve something on your own as well.

As for the invitation to share ideas, Lilliane nods as well. "Yes, that sounds like a good deal to me as well. I will come by your place when I have the time. Do you have a license to come up here normally?" She takes a little notebook and a pen out of her purse, ready to write her address on it.
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
Siegfried
He just nodded and made notes about it. It was a good idea that Lilliane had. But it would be difficult. He just moved in and didn't know as much as he would like to. "Those are good points Lilliane. I thank you for them. I'm more of a handyman and trying to make ends meet down there. I think it's better to make a name for myself down there and improve my skills to try to make it up here. I don't want to start it and then fail again and disappoint the people who have put their trust in me. There are not many people who are so open about it. But I think for some nobles the drench is a thorn in the eye. Not everyone would want to invest in something like that before proving themselves capable." He said calmly. But she really had a good point.

He looked at her questioningly. Yes, he didn't know he needed such a thing. "A what? I need a license to be up here. I didn't know that. Where do I get that? I'd like to talk to you more often about art if that were possible," he said almost with too much enthusiasm.