This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
a hollow tune
Private  — Lilliane!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
kill your demons, kill 'em dead; in your mirror, in your bed
in your heart, in your head. don't you look good in red?
Honestly, he’s had a bit too much to drink, and when he gets that feeling where things could go one way or another, he finds that his best course of action was to simply just move. So he wanders from games to games, not participating but simply watching – captivating himself and watching to see who wins and who loses, mask in place, hidden away from those that might otherwise recognize him (though it isn’t like he’s trying very hard to hide himself otherwise).

It's how he ends up at the House of Mirrors, standing outside the exit and peering at himself from the varying sizes of the mirrors – ones that make him short and an ‘S’ sort of shape, to the following that make him look exactly like that golden telephone pole he had thought he’d look like. It brings a soft chuckle out of him, moving onto the next and the next until he isn’t paying any attention any further and unfortunately bumps right into someone coming out of the exit.

S-Shit, sorry!” He says, immediately stepping back with his hands up, palms facing her as he focuses on her to make sure she’s okay – unsure exactly how much he did run into her.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
After looking at a myriad of reflections during her walk through the maze, the view behind the exit door seems almost strange for a moment. She is not able to take the sight in for long though, before someone runs into her. Stumbling backwards, she grabs a hold of the exit doorframe at the last second, managing to regain her balance.

It takes a few seconds for her to process what has happened. But then she gives the man in front of her a little smile. "It's okay. The exit is a bit difficult to see, with the mirrors and all." Now that she is getting a better look at the person that ran into her, she remembers seeing him a few times earlier during the festival. Although with his outfit, he was difficult to overlook, even in a crowd. "Are you alright?"
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Thankfully, he hasn’t knocked her completely over. But he has succeeded in startling both himself and her. He scans her over ensuring that she’s fine and didn’t run into something terrible or broken anything and when he’s satisfied and she flips the question onto him, he flashes her a small but easy smile. “I’m fine. Just not paying attention.” A gilded shoulder rises and falls in a small shrug, before his attention is captured by the exit lights of the mirror maze.

Did you make it through?” He asks suddenly, curious if that’s what she had meant earlier about the exit being difficult to see. He can’t relate to it, always getting turned around in the maze each year he tries it. He’d stopped doing it after a while, deciding that there were too many mirrors in Unk’Kotoll that sported his face in a myriad of smudges.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
Once it's clear he is unharmed as well, Lilliane nods slightly. Then she takes a few steps to the side, making sure to clear the exit path in case anyone else might come out of the maze. Wouldn't want to repeat the situation just now.

"Yes, I did. It was quite fun. I can only recommend it, in case you are thinking of giving it a try." Maybe it isn't a good idea to go into the mirror maze if he runs into people already. Then again, things like these happen. "Although I feel like watching one's own reflection all the time in there makes you reflect on yourself. Pun intended," she says, followed by a chuckle. "But maybe that's just me."
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
A boyishly crooked smile crosses Sunjata’s face, about the only part of his face that’s visible from the gilded mask he wears as she recommends the mirror maze. “Maybe I will. Usually I have terrible luck in those, though.” But given that she’d said it was fun, maybe things had changed and he might be better at it this time? Or maybe it’s just the alcohol liquid courage speaking.

He rumbles his laughter as she continues, his own melding into her chuckle as he nods. “Either that or it also appeals to narcissists.” He jests easily, that crooked smile remaining as he realizes they’re still standing right next to the exit doorway and he moves to get out of the way, coming up to her side as he glances down the pathway and by the silly mirrors. “Any idea where you wanted to go next? I’m sort of wandering around at this point so if you wanted wandering company, I can accompany you.” The offer is made easily, his head tilting back toward her as his words start to stop.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
Lilliane tilts her head slightly, thinking about the unexpected offer for a moment. "Wandering company sounds like a fun idea," she says with a smile. "I haven't thought about where to go next yet. So far, I was just wandering and giving everything that seemed interesting a try."

She takes a look around, before stepping away from the house of mirrors. "Is there anything you can recommend in terms of games or vendors?" Maybe there are some things she entirely missed before. There's a lot going on here after all.
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
That’s similar to the same boat Sunjata’s in – just trying things out that appeal to him as he goes. It’s the best way to do an event like this, he thinks, not having a strict personal itinerary to get every single one of the games done that he can. It’s easier to simply go with the flow. So as she accepts, his smile blooms brighter – a grin spanning his face as he takes a step with her away from the House of Mirrors, starting to pick some kind of trajectory back toward the rest of the games, making sure that she’s there beside him.

I really liked the pop the balloon game.” He offers with a lopsided smile. “Its uh, the only one I’ve done actually, come to think of it.” His brows furrow momentarily as he tries to think about it, trying to figure out if he had done more – he hasn’t, of course, but the alcohol has made plenty things fuzzy. “If you’re hungry, though, the eating one is a good one.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
she/her
5'4"
Student
Inactive
Art by catsandr
Walking beside him, Lilliane follows the direction he has chosen. It's not like there are any wrong directions after all. Every corner still holds new things to see and try after all. At the mention of the balloon game, she nods. "Yes, the balloon game is a lot of fun. I actually won something, which I didn't expect at all." Honestly, she had expected to fail spectacularly when she tried. So the outcome was a pleasant surprise.

Glancing at his masked face, Lilliane ponders her options for a moment. On the one hand, a festival like this is a great opportunity to get to know some people. On the other hand, anonymity allows for communications people wouldn't usually have. "This reminds me, what should I call you? If you prefer to stay anonymous, a nickname is fine too."
Lilliane
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Oh?” He asks, turning halfway toward her while he walks, almost stumbling in the process of it. “What’d you get?” He got a mask, he thinks. Though with the amount of things he’s done after the balloon game (and how many drinks he has) he can’t entirely remember if he had. But that’s neither here nor there for the moment, because he appears to be on a mission to figure out the next event they can do.

Her question doesn’t go unanswered though, his steel gaze sliding forward again while the smile remains and edges a bit softer. “I don’t mind not being anonymous.” He starts off, a shoulder rising and falling before he continues on. “You can call me Sunny if you’d like to.” After all, the costume he wears is somewhat an ode to the saint he’s named after. “What should I call you?” He flips the question back to her, his steps slowing to turn around the edge of one of the streets toward the vendors, helping guide her along.
SUNJATA