This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Seeking out your pleasure
Private  — Isanti
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
A soft smile plays on his lips when Isanti admits to having struggled as well. His gaze subtly moves over the other man, noticing the change in posture and body language.  It makes him relax more as well and seeing how calm the cheetah seems to be, it also did not worry him as much anymore.

Cian looks at Isanti when he steps forward as if to start walking and half turns to follow but first looks back towards the stall. Almost giving it a I'll get you next time-look before fully turning around and walk next to Isanti. "For me it was my own choice to start learning to use magic. My parents first wanted me to focus on regular studies and helping out at the shop, but eventually I got them to find me a teacher." He pauses with a small smile and shakes his head slowly. "Never really picked an element. Could not decide which path I wanted to focus on. Perhaps some of my struggles came from that. My mind just circling around without a clear goal. I just wanted to learn magic."

Then he starts thinking of why he is in Ok'Kotoll after Isanti tells his reasons. The anxiety starting to gnaw in his stomach again, as it does every time he starts thinking of it. The paranoia over what could have been in that package he delivered to the city just before the attack happened refused to leave him be, no matter how much he tried to shake it off.

"Unfortunately bad timing, that. For me, my train had to take a detour to the station here and then there was just to be a couple of days hold-up until the next train home, but lockdown decided to happen instead." It was the story he had decided to stick with. It is just easier to remember which lies you have told what people if you stick to one story. Though his own family had not been told that story yet. To them, it was still that he was out on a job in a far corner of the home state.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
Him/They
5'11"
Student
Inactive
and leave your feelings in the city lights
He's not at all sure of the accuracy of the mental image, but he imagines a younger Cian, asking for the 4536th time (arms crossed? hands on his hips?) for magical studies. It's.. kind of endearing. Charming. Cian has a face that lends itself well for imagining him as an adorable, somewhat ruffled child. Isanti is unaware of the smile going a little wider, a little fonder, the corners of his eyes crinkling.

"Mmh," he sort of hums, torn between his anxiety and his desire to jump headfirst into m e g i c. "Have you thought about just staying unbound?" It seems the safest option. Isanti's not sure if this is just a recap of the hows-and-whys Cian ended up in the magical place he is now, or if it's a description of where things still currently are.

"Oh, that's rough too. I wonder how long they'll keep us here for..." There's a certain melancholy to the thought. These buildings and dry, dusty fields are a poor place for a cheetah.

But there's also...

.. reluctance?
Isanti
you should always question the answer
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Isanti's mind is not very far off the mark. Cian has been a ruffled child, and not only because of his messy curly hair. He had been a ruffled youth and it is not that much better now as an adult. His mind messy, his behaviour stupid too often than not.

Cian notices the odd smile on the other man's face, but does not comment on it and just looks ahead instead. Sticking his hands in the coat's pockets and rolling his shoulders with a quiet sight, pondering the question. "I have... Pretty sure if I actually decided on one way to go, I would soon try to go in the other direction anyway. Feels better to pick a starting point and then just reach out for whatever feels right as I go along." Sounds messy? Perhaps. It seems to be the theme right now, but maybe easier than trying to force himself onto one single path that does not feel right.

"It certainly feels like they will just keep it up until someone steps forward, waving with a 'I did it!' and tough chance that is going to happen." Some concern flashes through his mind. "Might be paranoid thinking, but I hope they won't put the blame on random people just to be able to finally display a culprit if they do not manage to solve it some way."

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
Him/They
5'11"
Student
Inactive
(Insert the player expecting Isanti to be unbound and then changing their mind and now they can't launch the character into a passionate ramble about how they're planning on staying unbound themselves because that's not true anymore.)

(Actually I guess I can just write that.)

He's sort of on the way of opening his mouth, to relate, to passionately launch into the subject and his desire to learn everything and.. and? On one hand, he has the thought that the sort of .. whimsical, 'oh, a butterfly' approach seems fitting for his mental image of Cian. From that tousled child demanding magical studies to not really being able to settle on any one thing, just wanting to follow that curiosity and spark..

And on the other, he finds, oddly enough, that his own passion for the idea of staying unbound is cooled. He had always, always, planned on it, yet he had shunned attempts to teach him and open him about other elements. There had always been the wind, and only the wind.

It blows about them now, contained and trapped, gentle. It pulls on his long, white hair. There's this soft, faint smile creeping onto his face once the shock of the realization wears off. "I'd say it sounds pretty suitable, given what you've just told me," he says with a slight laugh, before it turns to more serious matters.

And matters in which Isanti may show his naivety. The idea that someone would have the deed wrongfully pinned on them just to get out of this deadlock...

It's like a bucket of ice cold water over his head, or a heavy rock falling into his gut. His brows crease, fingers tightening on Morrocaw's leash. "But they wouldn't do that.. would they?"
Isanti
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
"I don't know... Maybe they would." He responds in a more of a thoughtful mumble "I mean, I want to hope they won't do anything like that. That it will be handle fairly. Just wouldn't surprise me at the same time if the tension would rise so high they go for anyone that so much as twitches in the wrong way at the wrong place and time."

If only he could see into the future...

Cian falls silent into his thoughts. He had not meant for the conversation to get all serious, but here it is. He throws a side glance at Isanti and gives the other man a small apologetic smile when he notices the tighter grip on the leash. His mind starts sorting through a heap of topics to switch to. Magic? Talk of magic seemed to have relaxed Isanti before.

"Say, you don't happen to know where one could find something about magic around here? Like books or something? Any shops around?" Isanti had said he was here for training, right? Maybe he has a bit more insight about what is on offer in the city and Saints knows that Cian could use anything to take his mind off his current situation. Might as well use the time for something useful than being a ball of stress.

Height
Occupation
Class
Him/They
5'11"
Student
Inactive
It's his first brush with the idea that the governing forces of a society may not be wholly impartial, or benign, and it's shaken him. The anxiety of the early days of the lockdown rears its ugly head, terror that Morrocaw will somehow incriminate him, that she'll be taken from him- that somehow seems so much worse than having the bombing pinned on him. "But," he sort of goes on, distracted, almost stuttering, "wouldn't that be pointless? If you blame just about anyone, the real culprit would still be out there, wouldn't they?"

But perhaps Cian is not the best to beg for these answers, because clearly he doesn't have them, and clearly, it's easier for him to believe in a corrupt government than it is for Isanti.

Magic, though... Books or shops, and Isanti feels like biting his lips. Sure, he knows of them, but they're all here in the Core, as expensive as they're expansive. "There's a few," he says glumly, twisting the leash in his fingers. He doesn't want to offend Cian, but neither of them look like the aristocrats with their well-lined pockets. Clean, orderly, sure, but rich enough to be able to study sorely off materials they've bought Plateside? No, he doubts it. "But the only ones I know are here, in the Core, and priced as such. Were you looking for anything in particular?"
Isanti
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
"Not if the point was to just show and please the public that you have gotten hold of someone. Right now, it just seems like they are doing nothing." He says with a shrug and then shakes his head, as if to shake the thoughts away from his mind. Perhaps he had a grim look on the government. Especially right now and especially this one. He had not really tried to hide his growing dislike for the city.

He rolls his shoulders with another low sigh and focuses his attention on the new topic instead. Maybe it would lighten the mood a bit, but he notices how Isanti is twirling the leash around his fingers and it brings a hint of a new frown to Cian's face. When Isanti explains he only knows of some shops in the core, Cian lets out a short hum, almost a huff and shrugs again.

"Not sure I'd be able to get back in here after the festival is over. Don't think I am fancy enough for them." He says with a chuckle and grins. "But not really looking for anything specific. Just... Well, anything to help me kill time while I've got nothing better to do. Maybe I can go hunt for some mystical hidden shops down in the Drench. Call it an adventure." With running the risk of getting lost down there. Though perhaps it could turn out to be more interesting than drifting around on the Plates where he's slowly running out of money to afford things anyway.

Height
Occupation
Class
Him/They
5'11"
Student
Inactive
(I'm an idiot and I meant P05E in general not the Core lmfao oh well Isanti was distracted!)

"I suppose..." he says, hesitantly, with a certain amount of doubt still. It's a more pessimistic worldview than Isanti normally holds, and among this gaiety and festivity of this festival - the Core opened to the Drench! - it seems improbably. Not impossible, but improbable. (Oh, sweet summer child, if only you knew how this festival will end...)

"Oh, well, some districts here are always open to the public," he says, somewhat guiltily, or perhaps embarrassed? Isanti couldn't get into the fanciest establishments - nor did he have a need to. There were plenty of mage's shops that were open to more or less anyone who didn't look like a ruffian. "I think there's some nice shops along the Edge, too." And in the Drench? Most likely! Isanti's savant teacher/employer would never recommend those, though.

His smile is slight, but charmed, thinking of that ruffled Cian on an adventure, hunting for magical shops. "You should let me know if you find any." He was always down for that sort of thing, but, as they weave slowly through the crowd, he thinks that this is enough. Morrocaw is still not overloaded, but he can tell she is tired from all of the impressions. And, honestly, he is too. "It was nice meeting you, Cian. I think my kid is ready to head home and take a long nap now, though." And with a final smile and wave Isanti drifts away.
Isanti
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
He finally pushes any further grim thoughts away from his mind. For now, at least. At least when it comes to what he will share. Keeping the conversation all gloomy wouldn't make anyone happy. So he nods along with the information being offered about shops, doing his best to store it away in his memory for another day. The Edge seems more like an area he could have better luck in. He didn't need the most fancy stuff either.

"Sure, I'll let you know. Always happy to share" He responds with a soft smile, happy for the chance to perhaps make some kind of friendship out of it too. Or just have some more contacts in the city during his stay.

A bright laugh leaves him when Isanti continues on calling his cat "kid" and he shakes his head slowly with another smile, then offers the other man a nod. "Yeah, perhaps it's not a bad idea. Perhaps I should see about doing the same soon. But yeah, was nice meeting you as well. I shall look out for any interesting books." He waves back and looks after Isanti for a moment, then drift away in the opposite direction.

{END}