This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
how you live today
Private  — Cian
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
So darling, don't say that I'm lazy
When nothing is what I'm trying to do
Adam, after many years of inhaling cheap cigarettes, was a practiced hand at getting through them quickly. His smoke was depleted likely before Cian even reached the door, but he found himself wanting to stay around. Fingers fiddled with the end of the smoke and his boots tapped on the ground; he was watching the door, despite himself.

Two things were keeping him there: First, simple curiosity. Some kind of obligation about wanting to see it through in case he could use it on the show. Secondly...while Adam wouldn't want to admit this, he was a soft touch, and he didn't want the fresh meat to die right away. At least not in a place he'd delivered him to. Fifteen minutes tops.

Thankfully, Cian emerged before the time was up, looking a little shaken up but distinctly not injured. Adam pushed himself off the wall with one foot and smiled comedically wide, waving. "So! How'd that go?"
For though my trajectory's hazy
I'm determined and I'm coming for you
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
we're dying to live
and we're living to die
He tries to hide his relief over spotting Adam waiting and not having the face the challenge of getting back on his own. Unless Adam suddenly decides to leave him to fend for himself anyway. Hopefully not. After throwing a quick glance over his shoulder as if to check if someone was spying through a window of the building, he makes his way over towards the other man.

"Went fine. No knives, no one jumping me from behind a corner. Just in and out smoothly." He manages to sound calm, at least. Most of the nervosity was beginning to fade now when he was done. He had done what he needed to do and made it back out. Now all that was left was to get the money back up to the motel. Because it was most likely money in that new envelope he had received."You wouldn't mind showing me the street way back, would you?"

Cian does not like having to admit that he is not feeling up for any more climbing. At least not at the moment. With the adrenaline fading alongside the anxiety, his limbs feel a bit heavy. Besides, could be good to learn the way around the streets as well in case he was sent back down again in the future.
CIAN

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
"Did you see anyone, or just like, shove it in a mailbox?" Adam asked, realising as he did that he would have quite liked to deliver a secret package to a shadowy figure. There was just something quite sexy about it; maybe it was time he abandoned the radio and went into courier work.

As for taking the low road back home...he rolled his eyes and mumbled something about Cian being boring, but acquiesced with a nod and gestured for the other man to follow as he cut across the street and into an alley with high walls that quickly turned into a winding staircase, windows of houses built into the same foundations peering out into the narrow space. Adam's fingers lightly traced along the edges of cracks in the walls as he walked along.

Eventually they came out to a wider street, one that Cian might remember walking over the top of earlier. "You got somewhere to stay down here, or are you going back up to the Plates tonight? If y'are, this is the furthest I'm gonna take you."
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
we're dying to live
and we're living to die
"Dropped it off in a mailbox, but someone came out. Or well, they opened the door as I was about to leave. Could not see them well, was dark in there and they just opened little." Cian ignores being called boring this time. He is starting to feel too drained to go swinging from the rooftops. If there was another time, perhaps he could try to be impressive then. "They did not really say anything, though. Maybe just wanted to check who it was."

He tries to keep track of where they are going, but after a while he admits defeat to himself. If he was to turn back now, he would most likely not find the way back to that building. One day perhaps, he can learn his way around the Drench. It was enough work trying to find his way on the Plates still.

They come out to the wider street and Cian looks around, seemingly recognising rather fast where they are. "Plan was to get back up... Provided no one at any checkpoint deicide to mess with me." He turns back to Adam and ignores the idea of being stuck below the Plates for the night. "But you have been a lot of help, truly. I really can't ask for anymore without starting to build up a dept, heh." His words sound genuine. The looming dark cloud of threatening homelessness had cleared a bit and Cian feels more hopeful now than he had done when he came down to the Drench.
CIAN

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
"Man, you mighta just seen like, the shadiest crime boss in the Drench and you didn't even know." Adam teased, sure that Cian had actually just seen someone's lackey's lackey. So many in the Drench skulked about in the dark shadows that the shade was getting crowded.

He had been willing to offer out his apartment for the night (again, soft touch) but thankfully it sounded like Cian had plans to go back up to the Plates. "Oh, upstanding guy like you? I'm sure you'll get right through." Adam reassured with a pat to the back, the sarcastic tone in his voice more of a thing of habit than any genuine feeling. The smile he gave when Cian thanked him was real though and he shrugged. "It's cool. Just wanted to get to you before anyone with plans did."

That said, he took a couple of steps back. "Well, have fun up there with the snooty assholes! Maybe I'll catch you again if you have another job down here." Then he was up a step, sat on a windowsill then over a wall.

{END}
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!