This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Try to be good
Private 
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Libre+Baskerville|Dancing+Script&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

Siegfried was a bit confused after the events at the ball. He had to act quickly. His brother was one of those who had made sure that the festival had been cleared. He had to beat one of the enforcers very unpleasantly. After his brother thought to throw Molotov cocktails at them. After that, he just had to go into hiding with him. He had to throw away his beloved costume. As well as what he had made for his brother. He burned it in the nearest garbage can. He tried to reason with him normally. But William would not listen and was one of those people who blame others for their fate. He ran away and Siegfried was left with the burning garbage can. He hoped that what he had done would not become known. Or his brother. So he stood there with his simple clothes and warmed himself at the burning garbage can.
Siegfried
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
Maybe I'm my own greatest fear
People warming themselves at burning barrels or rubbish bins was hardly a rare sight in Kotoll; while Tanul was beginning to deliver more and more warm days, there was still a chill in the air, especially down here where the sun rarely shone enough to give meaningful heat. Nursing a hangover worse than most he'd ever had, Adam looked out over the streets and almost skipped over Siegfried.

Something in his mind sparked with recognition though and through the fog the night had left, he swore he'd seen this guy there. The actual events of the Masquerade were hazy (a pity, since his job was knowing about important things - he'd assumed, by the time he had the fifth drink, that it was just going to boring). Perhaps he could get a summary here, assuming the cold stranger didn't just run right away.

Sauntering up, a little off-kilter due to his pounding head, Adam nodded at Siegfried as he dipped a cigarette into the heat of the bin to light it, then leaned against the nearest wall. "Hey. You were at the thing, right? The uhh...fuck, Masquerade thing up the Core. You there when it all went to shit?"
Maybe I'm too scared to admit that
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive
link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Libre+Baskerville|Dancing+Script&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

Siegfried was too deep in thought and didn't notice Adam coming toward him. Only when he addressed him. He smiled kindly at Adam."Yeah, I was at that damn masquerade thing." He didn't know how to take Adam, so he just kept smiling. But he had fun up there, he met some nice people. But he hadn't lied to him. Sometimes it's better not to say anything about some things.

He rubbed his hands where there was still some blood and his knuckles were slightly open. "Yes, I was in the middle of it when it happened. I'm glad I got out with only a few blesures.  How about you? But I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound nosy. I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. Just had to get away from the enforcers. A misunderstanding. They see Drencher or hear it, and you're already being beaten away." He try to get his hands warm.
Siegfried
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
The positive response wasn't a surprise as Adam noticed the blood on the man's knuckles just a moment earlier, eyes flicking down to take it in then nonchalantly landing back on his smoke. When asked about his own fare up in the Core, he paused to take an inhale of the cigarette, blew out into the air, then chuckled quietly. "Uh, well, wish I could say I showed 'em and all, but I was black out fuckin' drunk and my mate carried me outta there."

He'd barely even known there was a fight going on.

"Yeah, most of the talk about trying to 'bring us together' or whatever is bullshit. The whole event was kind of doomed. Did you get hurt? Like, hurt hurt?" He shrugged, watched Siegfried try to warm his hands for a moment. "Do ya want a smoke?" It wasn't much, but it might help to make the man feel a little less cold - Adam held out a roughly wrapped cigarette in his palm.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive

Siegfried didn't know how to deal with Adam. Was he a rebel or was he just being helpful? Or was he like most of the people down here? Who simply blamed the platers for everything. "Hey, as long as you had a great evening, it's wonderful. Better to party and make noise than spend the evening alone," he said quietly. It wasn't the warmth that was missing, it was a coldness from within that spread through his body that he couldn't explain. Still, he tried not to let it show and kept his smile.

"There are good people up there like here. There are just as shitty people down here as there are up there. Whether I have been hurt. I don't really think so, maybe my soltz a little bit but nothing that a little painting or a good cold shower could take away. But thanks for asking. I am Siegfried." and with these words, he extended a hand to Adam as a greeting. He declined the cigarettes with a shake of his head.
Siegfried
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
Unfortunately for Siegfried, Adam was a rebel, helpful (to an extent) and blamed the Plates for everything. "Yeah, though I guess it'd be nice to remember the good times. You didn't uh, indulge in their fancy drinks, then?" The stuff they served up there definitely hit harder than the watered-down-piss that got sold in the Drench.

The fairness, while probably true, was a mood-killer; Adam revelled in his hatred of the Plates and being reminded they weren't all bad, either like this or by meeting someone like Sunjata, fit awkwardly into his world view. With a little huff, he reached a hand forward to take the one offered and nodded. "Adam. You said painting?" He'd known a few artists in his time, though most of them had been of the sort that painted obscenities on walls, not the kind that picked up many paintbrushes. "You make anything cool?"
Height
Occupation
Class
He/him
6'5"
Blacksmith
Inactive

He was smiling now. "I was even invited by some people. They were nice but then the chaos started and it got violent. But I can take a lot of punishment. But the games were fun," he said quietly, not wanting to embarrass Cian and Sunjata.

Siegfried chimes in, not pressing too hard but still with a firm handshake. "I'm a Blacksmith painting is more of a hobby. As an artist, all my work is good and wonderful in its own way. They help me to stay myself and bring my emotions to my work or canvas," he said quietly, still not knowing how to take Adam.
Siegfried
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
Adam
"Oh, yeah. I only did the one. The uh...wheel thing...didn't win shit." Shrugging with a quiet laugh, Adam scratched his cheek. "I've heard those things are totally rigged, though. Dunno." Had it been a dolled up Plater running the stall, he wouldn't have doubted it, but the old man sat by the wheel had seemed to be a Drencher taking the opportunity.

He took the hand and shook it, tilting his head to one side as Siegfried said he was a blacksmith. "We still have those? I mean, no offence, but I think we had factories and stuff that did all that nowadays. D'ya make like, fancy stuff?" Adam supposed if an independant Blacksmith made items one couldn't get elsewhere, there might be more incentive to choose them over the mass produced options. "...To be fair, I don't even really know what Blacksmiths make."

He laughed, a little too loud.

"What kinda stuff do you paint? Like, to feel better and stuff? I've never really been any good at drawing or shit like that." Adam shrugged; he felt if he tried, it would be more frustrating than relaxing.