This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Almost Airtight Alibi
Private  — Nate
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
You don't need sympathy
They got a pill for everything
"You know how it is. If the Plates gets wind we even gave him a sandwich down here one time, we're dead." It didn't take much revolutionary action to draw the attention of the authorities above ; saying this, Adam was overcome with a feeling of dread as he considered what he'd already done. Did they already have his name on a ledger? If he had been alone, that would have been the kind of thought to make him drink for a few hours. As it was, he just pressed his face into Nate's chest.

Where that all got them though, what they would do about Sunjata and his sudden involvement in their lives...all Adam had for that was a shrug and a noise that vaguely sounded like 'I dunno'. It wasn't like they could stop this now, but he didn't know how far he could let it go either.

After a while longer spent breathing in Nate's shirt and enjoying the warmth of the bed (it wasn't all that comfy, but it could get cold down here in the Drench), Adam groaned and made himself sit up, one hand pushing up his forehead and over his messy hair. "You probably got people to go make better, right? And I should maybe think about what I'm gonna do. Maybe."
Just take that dark cloud
Ring it out to wash it down
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
the inmate loves the prison guard
the one who feeds him through the bars
Lips purse tightly and Nate’s hand wraps more firmly around Adam’s back, his thumb rubbing a comforting swipe back and forth. “We won’t be dead. Between the both of us we can lie well enough to get out of any real trouble, yeah?” It’s a comfortable platitude, one Nate forces himself to believe to keep from following Adam into that pit of despair and dread.

It was too late to do anything else anyway. A sigh heaves out of Nate, his chin tucking in close so he can rest his head against the top of Adam’s. There’s no point in worrying. Whatever happens will happen, the unyielding hand of fate pinning down even the most slippery of them eventually.

He’s just fallen back into a doze, the warmth and quiet and lack of real sleep dragging on Nate’s eyelids, no matter how he tries to stay awake. Adam at least is in tune with his needs, ruining the second bubble of coziness when he sits up.

A low groan leaves Nate, hands coming up to scrub at his face. “I do.” He whines, peeking between his fingers. “Would you mind watching over the puppy while I’m gone?
no day or night, no one can tell
so he paints the ceiling full of stars
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
Adam
You don't need sympathy
They got a pill for everything
"Mmm. Or I can just say you made the sandwich and then jump out the window." Adam teased, though he did lean into Nate for the comfort, closing his eyes as the thumb stroked his back; for all the jokes, they'd both seen enough Enforcer raids to know what the consequences were - how sometimes it didn't even matter if what you told them was the entire truth.

Then they were comfortable for a while, Nate holding him and Adam returning the gesture with his own gently enveloping arms. This was the sort of time where it became hard to know why they were not a couple; they had known each other so long, this was so comfortable, so familiar. Yet the thought, which surfaced in Adam's mind more than he would like, was swallowed down as it always was.

He hoped he wouldn't regret it.

The feeling faded as they sat up, Adam laughing and poking Nate as he sleepily protested. "Yeah. But if daddy comes looking for him I'm fucking out."
Just take that dark cloud
Ring it out to wash it down
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
the inmate loves the prison guard
the one who feeds him through the bars
Hands fall away from his face, a laugh leaving the doctor. “I made the sandwich.” Nate reminds him with a wide grin, glancing back over his shoulder and pausing. There’s a ripple in the clear pond of his eyes, the barest hint of some deeper, far more terrifyingly intimate thought before Nate turns again, standing and pulling on clothes he only bothers to sniff after they’re on his body.

I’ll be back soon, dear.” The tease is just a touch too serious, something Nate tries very hard to ignore by leaving as soon as the words are out of him (and smacking himself the entire walk to his practice).
no day or night, no one can tell
so he paints the ceiling full of stars