This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
I fell in a concrete jungle
Private  — Nate!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
"Mh, true. Can only hope I've got a bit more of that good luck to spend, because I feel that I can really need it." He avoids looking at the second leech, but still feels less nervous about it after the first one turning out to not be horrible. If only creeping him out a bit, but he lets Nate do whatever he feels needs doing. "Well, if they actually decide to do some watching they'll have to find me down here first. Not that I've got any plans on doing anything suspicious. Just want to be left alone until I can go home."

He watches as Nate examines his wrists, happy over not needing any more of the slimy leeches on him and the comment about ice drags a short huff of a laugh out of him even. At least his hands aren't at risk of falling off or anything from the lack of being cooled down.

He looks up again and meets Nate's gaze, his own brown eyes not nearly as piercing and not fully focused either. Before he can just reply that he's fine with the medicines, he somehow manages to make himself think at least once. "Depends on how bad they'd mix with alcohol? Think I'm down about a quarter of a vodka bottle at this point." He admits, knowing well that some combinations are best to be avoided.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
A huff leaves Nate, almost amused. "They can't even find some terrorists down here. They're not gonna keep an eye on your." He says confidently, shaking his head. "There's no better place to disappear." Truth be told though, Nate's not really sure there were any bombings. At this point, the Plates could just say anything to justify what they wanted.

"Good boy, those're the kinds of things I need to know." Nate grabs Cian's face and looks into his eyes, working his jaw for a moment. He nods, then turns to fiddle with the pill bottle, the lid troubling him for a moment before he pops it open and fishes a few pills out. "Swallow these for me, okay?" The pale green pills are pressed into Cian's palm, the doctor turning to get a cracked glass of water and offer it up. "You're probably going to have to stay somewhere someone can keep an eye on you too. Least til you sober up some." A critical eye is cast over the other man, and then, in the gentlest tone Nate can muster, he continues. "You can stay here if you don't have anywhere else to go."

With the bulk of his treatment now administered, Nate sits in one of the chairs pressed against the wall, elbows resting on splayed knees. "I can drag a cot in so you can sleep. Might get kinda noisy, but... better than'an alley, right?" He just barely manages to not laugh, not that it would be at the other man, but there's no way to explain that and still sound good.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
Nate's probably right. Seeing how long everything had been in lockdown with nothing changing, perhaps those up top are not even caring enough for him to have anything to worry about. Speaking of worries, when Nate mentions the supposed terrorists Cian remembers he was worrying about that part too, but just as his mind is about to go for another spin with anxious thoughts, his face is grabbed and it keeps him focused on reality.

He sits very still while Nate holds onto him, then takes both the offered pills and the water, spending a moment just looking the pills over while trying to decide what to say. It's tempting to lie and say he indeed got someone he can stay with, just to be on his way, then Nate offers him to stay. Cian hangs his head a bit with a soft sigh and shrugs.

"Don't want to outstay my welcome, but I don't really have anywhere to go at the moment. The only one I sort of know is stuck up top and it would be hilariously stupid of me to go back up there and knock on POINT to ask if I can crash with him for the night." The thought manages to drag a quiet laugh out of him, even if it's mostly a humourless one and he shakes his head. He might be impulsive, but doing something like that was beyond his limit. And by the time he would be drunk enough to even consider it, he would be long passed out instead. "I think I can manage noise." He then says as a half answer to accept the offer to at least stay the night.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nate watches, trying to stare without being obvious, and frowns ever so slightly when Cian hesitates to look at the pills he'd been given. It deepens into something else with the first whiff of denial, Nate immediately opening his mouth to argue only to have Cian decide to stay instead. "It'd be a hilarious pain in the ass. You're already here, and I have open beds." It just seems simplest.

"You hungry?" Nate asks, stepping back but hesitating in the room a moment longer, lingering to get an answer before he goes to grab one of the lumpy cots he has in storage, specifically for cases like this. And honestly, he doesn't really need to ask - no matter what Cian answers he's bringing in a sealed bag of puffed shrimp,  and another drink. Just in case.

Once the room is set up Nate finds himself lingering again, hesitating for some reason. There's some amount of misplaced guilt, something he wants to apologize for before he leaves, but the words just won't come. "You can stay uh, as long as you need. I'm not in a rush to kick you out."
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
He remains in his internal debate about to stay or not, even after accepting the offer. Though the side being alright with staying is slowly winning, since the longer Cian sits there, the more exhausted he feels and the idea of stumbling back out into the streets becomes less and less tempting.

To the question if he's hungry, he mostly makes some hesitant hum and a mix of a nod and shrug. As if to say Yes without properly admitting it, because it feels to him that he's gotten enough help and taken enough of Nate's time. Though his head is also a bit of a blurry, unreasonable mess at the moment.

While Nate is away, Cian at least finally swallows down the pills he was offered and drains the glass of water in great need of getting any other liquid than more alcohol in him. Once Nate is back and the room is set, Cian is for sure way too exhausted to change his mind. "Thanks. I'll probably just be off whenever I wake up. Whenever my head allows me to stand again." He responds with a tired chuckle, suspecting he might be passed out for the coming many hours.

Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
The cot squeals and pops as Nate unfolds it, the lumpy mattress at least clean looking, even if everything else is a smidge concerning. “Don’t mention it. If we don’t take care of people when we can, no one does.” Lofty words, but for the moment they come easily to Nate’s lips.

You can stay as long as you need. Really. It’s just me in here for the next few days anyway, so I won’t need all three rooms.” And if he’s got his shoulders up against the enforcers it might be easier to stay low in one place, disappear from the streets for a little bit. They’re not things Nate voices though, not willing to muddle up whatever Cian’s already thinking. His job is to make things easier, after all.

And with that in mind, Nate turns towards the door and lingers in the doorframe once again, his lips pursed. “If you need anything, I’ll just uh, be in the other room.” Nodding, the doctor lets worried eyes linger on Cian’s form before stepping away and disappearing from sight, his footsteps growing softer as he slowly gets more distant.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Unemployed
Inactive
CIAN
All he can do is to just sit and nod slowly to whatever is being said, with the fatigue pressing down on him like a heavy blanket and his head feeling as if it's stuffed with cotton. Part of his minds still tries to make some feeble attempts at convincing him that he's gotten enough help already, but even if that voice was louder, Cian is not in any state to actually get up and walk out the door at this point.

He remains in place, watching with a weary expression as Nate pauses by the door again. Another nod is given as a silent reply, as he can no longer get himself to speak any words out loud. Any sound coming from him would feel loud enough to split his head. He is feeling very grateful for all the help, however, even if he can't express it properly anymore.

After Nate's left the room again and he can't hear the footsteps anymore, Cian finally forces himself to move over to and collapses onto the cot. He is at a stage where the floor and his bag as a pillow would be more than enough, so the cot feels like lying on a cloud. He tries to consider how long to actually stay, but the exhaustion drags him down into a heavy sleep within seconds of lying down. It will have to be a decision for whenever he wakes up the next day...

{END}