This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Wicked Game
Private  — Adam!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
His reaction to the drink, the wrinkle of his nose, receives an amused smirk from her as she lifts her refilled glass to her lips for another sip. She could have picked out some of the regular beer bottles, if it wasn't for the old fact that the lockdown is making resupplying more and more difficult and her taking what sold the most would be very bad for business and would hurt her in the end too.

The idea of them all just wandering away somewhere is difficult for her to picture. While she would love for all the rules to go out the window, leaving the Drench is not something she considers. She isn't even sure how she would live if she didn't have the city, as miserable as it can be sometimes. It is home and she is proud to be able to survive in it. A different life is not something that has crossed her mind often at all.

Which makes his following question difficult to answer and brings a small frown to her face. "Huh, never really thought of that scenario before." She takes another sip with a thoughtful expression, then taps her nails against the glass while trying to figure it out. "I'll... Have to think of that one for a moment. So tell me what you're up to usually, apart from the radio. You know, when you're not throwing rocks at enforcers."

She grins and pulls up a package of cigarettes from a pocket together with a lighter, holding both out to Adam in a silent offer after having taken one cigarette between her own lips and lighting it. Her glass is put down as she leans over the counter to blindly search for one of the ashtrays she knows is stored behind there somewhere.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Radio DJ/Information Broker
Inactive
You were born for these flashing lights
You were born for these endless nights
It was a little surprising to learn that Ira had never fantasised about what she'd do with unlimited money and time; Adam's brain was full of such dreams regularly. They changed from simply lounging about in a pool barking orders to rich Platers to actually making something worthwhile, but the idea of infinite cash had always been a favourite of his to play with.

"Oh, uh, well.." Not expecting the conversation to turn back to him so quickly, he swirled his glass around a few more times, tapped the toe of his boot against the wood of the bar counter. "If I'm being totally, like, really fucking honest? I spend a lot of time high as shit. I got this doctor friend and he can hook you up with about anything, spend a lot of time at his house..." As Adam said this out loud, he realised it sounded pretty awful, but the truth had already begun spilling out of his mouth and now he didn't have time to make a lie. "I used to do a lot more of the actual intel gathering stuff, back when the show was new, but...."

He shrugged. It was hard to express why he'd given up on it. Something to do with the lockdown, or the Enforcers, or his growing apathy. "I guess I kinda lost my groove a bit this year." He took a sip of the whiskey, sighed, let the slightly awkward silence take over.
ADAM
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
She finds the ashtray she's looking for and puts it down in front of her, leaving the lighter and cigarette package lying on the counter as a continued open offer should Adam be in the mood for it. The amused expression remains on her face while he talks about spending most time being high and hanging out at this friend of his, but there doesn't seem to be any judgement in her look. And she doesn't judge him for that choice of life, either.

"Think a lot of people have lost their groove this year." She starts, drawing on her cigarette and takes another sip of whiskey "Maybe it'll come back once this damn situation is solved. Preferably in our favour. But hey, your days don't sound too bad if that's how you enjoy them. Way less hectic than mine, for sure." She adds with a quiet laugh and gives him another smirk. The important detail being if he actually enjoys what he does.

Trying to not allow the awkward silence remain for too long, she continues after having taken another sip and pondered her own response some more. "If I'm to be honest, I can see myself just doing pretty much what I already do. But ditching the day job. Learn to sleep more, spend the free time doing whatever I feel like and have a whole fun time here all night without having to worry if it'll make me enough money or not."

It might be a job, but she was in the rare position of actually enjoying said job when it comes to the bar. And it only helped that the people she works with are like a sort of mini-family away from home.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
He was never one to say no to an offered cigarette - some old saying about Drenchers and their vices drifted through his head as he reached to pull one from the carton, but it didn't stop him. For the moment it was kept in his hand to fiddle with though; he'd have it after the drink.

"Guess so. Maybe I need a new groove." Adam took a thoughtful sip of whiskey, then knocked the rest back in one fluid motion and emerged with a bright smile. "Maybe I can be a whore! I already do it, may as well get paid." It was a joke, but true enough that it was considered for a second or two before he laughed and shook his head. "Or uh...y'know, maybe I'll just get a new hobby or something."

Gardening and whoring were very different pursuits, but both had their merits, he supposed.

As Ira spoke he lit the cigarette he had taken now with a beaten up old lighter fished from his pocket (he'd found it on top of a bin the other day and well, finders keepers in the Drench), let it sit between his lips, listening. Ira's dreams sounded so simple, but like everyone else in the Drench, she had no time to pursue them in the struggle to survive. "Y'know - if you get drunk enough, and make big enough eyes, I've heard there's waitresses out there that'll give you free eggs."
ADAM
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
His comment about maybe he should become a whore has her raise a brow at him, but her look is still mostly amused and there is not judgement there. A small huff of a laugh leaves her and she shakes her head. "I've heard people say it's great when you can make money doing your hobby" She just comments quietly with a grin.

Her dreams might be very simple. She had no time trying to dream up anything more advanced, with how busy her life is and how far away it seems for the dreams to become reality. She makes enough to get by and put some savings away, but sometimes something happened that forced her to use said savings to get herself out of an emergency. Leaving her mostly stuck in the same spot.

She looks at Adam for a second after he speaks, then she just burst out laughing and hides behind the back of her hand, shaking her head slowly with a bright smile when she can speak again. "Saints... Now, I wonder who that waitress might be. You think it works if I stare into a mirror long enough too?" Trying to give herself drunk puppy eyes is a funny picture. "Honestly, that place might need more drunks coming in. You have no idea how boring it is most of the time."

Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him/His
0'
Inactive
"Exactly!" Adam laughed, managing to refrain from going into any particularly filthy jokes; he wasn't sure if Ira would appreciate the more foul parts of his humour. That said, she was from the Drench and anyone from the Drench knew the one about the Enforcer and the Noblewoman...

Pleased to have made her laugh again, self-satisfied inhales taken of his cigarette, he nodded. This felt nice. Flirtatious, easy. "Well then I guess I'll have to just come over more often. Do ten shots just outside the door." He was joking, though those that knew him would know it wasn't entirely impossible he might do just that.

{END}
ADAM