This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
How don't you drown in a rainstorm
Private  — Uldren!
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
One look at your eyes and I cave in
Her shoulders rise in a silent 'I guess so' in response. The Platers could probably do something because they felt like it at the time and she shouldn't be too surprised about it. They did have a tradition about trying to drown their own children, after all. Shaking her head slowly at it, she gives the heap of clothes Uldren finds a concerned look and her nose wrinkling a bit.

"I hope this stuff washes out." She comments and throws a glance at her own clothes, then looks back towards him when he tells he almost got an enforcer to buy something and she chuckles quietly. "You should see them when you get them scared of the dark. They really aren't so big and tough then." A small grin tugs at her lips for a brief moment.

She rubs her hands on the towel in between picking with things, though at this point it felt like it was sticking to her skin anyway even when visibly wiped off. Perhaps not knowing what it is just made her paranoid and feeling unnerved about it.

"I meant to ask you a few things a while back, but..." She starts, as if it just came to her mind. "We got busy... Problem solving and then I guess I completely forgot about it." Her voice falls a bit as she continues to speak and she turns away, finding some more things to rescue up off the floor to give herself a few seconds to push those thoughts out of her mind again.
One taste of the life now I crave it
ira

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
// && my heart won't change if my head don't break,
i need a little bit of patience, 'cause we been going through changes //
Saints, I hope so.” Uldren huffs, already annoyed at the prospect of getting sand out of the clothing. He wasn’t entirely sure how he was going to do it, but he knew he’d end up figuring it out. The conversation shifts toward the Enforcers, however, and how Uldren had nearly gotten them to buy his worst piece of jewelry, unable to keep the snort from leaving him. “I’d pay to see it.” He agrees, flashing her an equally amused grin.

They continue to pick things up, things that have been messy and soaked with the terrible water, and when she speaks again, Uldren deposits some ruined pieces of paper into the nearest garbage can, turning to face her as he wipes his hands on his own towel to rid them of the sand that clings. “Yeah?” He asks softly, drifting toward her, his jade gaze full of questions and the patience only a crafter has when it comes to waiting for the answer.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She gives herself a moment longer to push away the invasive thoughts about recent events she doesn't even want to think about anymore, even as she hears him coming closer. Then she shakes her head subtly for herself and has a small smile on her face again when she turns around towards him. "Nothing serious, just a couple of things I was curious about."

After wiping her hands on her towel again, she sticks her hand into a side pocket on her pants and brings up an object wrapped up in cloth. Walking closer to Uldren, she unwraps the hairpin she dug up before. Its silvery metal dulled and even if she might have done her best to clean it, fine sand is still cemented into the tiny empty settings in the center of the circle of leaf shapes at top of the pin, as well as in the small chains having on the side.

"Found this recently and just had a thought if you'd be able to do anything with it. If you want to." She holds the pin out in her palm towards him to have a closer look. "My other question is, why have you kept from me that your home got freaking domesticated cheetahs?" A small smirk twitches at her lips and she raises a brow at him with an amused look.

( Drawing because I can't describe well how it looks in my head )
ira

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Her smile blooms and it relieves any worries in his head, Uldren drifting closer to her as she cleans up her hands and pulls a little bag out of her pocket. His brows pinch together, inspecting it even before she hands it to him and he holds it to the light, seeing the spaces where the gems had fallen out, the dust and dirt caked into the crevices of the metal.

Yeah, I definitely can do something with this.” He flashes her a softer smile, already trying to think up what kind of gems he might stick into the spaces available, what tools he’ll need to go up to clean out the details.

But his brows pinch again when she mentions the cheetahs, a bark of a laugh leaves Uldren as he shakes his head. “It's not like, super common. Maybe if you’re rich. I’ve only seen a couple.” He shrugs. “My family certainly never had them. We had birds.” Canaries, which made sense given the mines, despite the updated technology that made use of the birds not needed any longer. It was still a comfort to hear the birds chirping along day by day.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
She hands over the hairpin to Uldren and watches as he inspects it, keeping the small smile on her face as he looks back to her. "You can keep it as long as you like. M'sure you've got other projects already." She smirks a bit and folds the cloth back up, stuffing it into a pocket again and chuckles quietly over his reaction to the mention of cheetahs.

"I ran into someone from Undunli that had a cheetah. Or more like, I was minding my own business and suddenly I had his cheetah in my face." She shakes her head with a soft huff. "He did look rich. Not really like a noble, but certainly wasn't one of us either. Even the cheetah had gems all over her collar. She's really cute, though. I even got to pet her." Her eyes spark with excitement at the memory, as if she's close to get any ideas about wanting a big cat herself.

A clearer laugh leaves her as she thinks back on the meeting and more amusement grows on her face. "Poor guy was so nervous though. Looked like he thought I was gonna eat him or something. Am I really that scary?" She looks up at Uldren with a more teasing smirk spreading over her face and she draws a bit closer to him.
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Things got pretty slow during Kivan.” Uldren murmurs softly, watching as she wraps it up and puts it in her pocket before his gaze lifts to her face as he explains the whole cheetah ordeal. His brows rise in curiosity and confusion as she explains that she’d met someone from his home purely for the fact that a cheetah was in her face and Uldren can’t help but to suppress the huff of a laugh that leaves him.

But as she explains and the tidbit of gems all around the cheetah’s collar, he tilts his head curiously. “Maybe not the highest then.” But still up there enough to have one of those. Still, the idea of her petting the cheetah brings a softer twinge to his smile, a nod. “I bet she was soft.” He’d only ever seen them from a distance, never quite so close as to be within touching distance.

He does bark a laugh as that teasing smirk blooms across her face, Uldren huffing a playful sigh, dramatics on full display. “Oh yes. Absolutely terrifying.” He murmurs, reaching for her to pull her into a hug, to place a chaste kiss to her lips. It breaks, only due to the dampness of their clothes and the gritty texture where their bodies press together, Uldren suppressing a shudder of displeasure at the feeling of it raking across his skin. “Saints, this sucks.” He mutters, trying to wipe away the sand on his clothes.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
"She was very soft!" She responds in an exited whisper and smiles brightly, for the moment completely forgetting to clarify any other details about the meeting. Her mind being stuck on soft, cute cheetah! Uldren won't have to worry about other people, but that big cat might have stolen a tiny piece of Ira's heart. The fluffy little face was apparently just too charming.

He pulls her in as she gets closer and she sneaks her hands over his sides and to his back to wrap her arms around him as well. "And here I thought I was so sweet and innocent." She mumbles amused just before their lips touch and she might be about to dive into it deeper when it breaks all too soon. Confusion with a hint of disappointment flashes across her face for second before the discomfort over the gritty dampness catches up with her.

Her brow pulls together in a frown. "Seems like the weather's never on our side. Though I take overheated any day over this." She had thought at least the start of Drenak would be alright. Just some cooler temperatures from the pressing heat, some amount of rain before the proper flooding started and just a short moment of relief before her annual Your lungs wants to kill you issues started too.

The displeased expression doesn't last long on her face, however, and is replaced by another small smirk. "Maybe we're just supposed to stay in the shower." She teases and reaches up to give Uldren a quick kiss on the nose. Be it for escaping the heat or mysterious grime. Unless the weird sand has made it into the pipe systems too. She very quickly pushes that thought out of her head.
ira

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
A small half smile blooms on his face at her excitement over the cheetah, making a mental note over the idea of it. Perhaps if he got more money he might be able to afford the faux furs that pretend to be the same soft exquisite feeling of a large cat, debating between a blanket and a rug for a gift. Certainly not in their flood season, however, that’s simply asking for the gift to be destroyed.

So the thought filters away, especially as she mumbles her amusement and their lips touch, before he breaks it at the feel of the grime and grit, frowning as he makes his small cursing complaint. “I can deal with overheating.” He admits, flashing her a soft apologetic smile. “Could even handle this if it wasn’t so gritty.” His nose wrinkles, only smoothing when he peers up at Ira with the tease and the kiss to his nose, huffing a soft laugh.

Hopefully we’ve got water.” He says as if the thought just hit him that the rest of his building might have used most of the water. So he debates, reaching for her hand to tug her with him toward his bedroom and the bathroom beside it, as he reaches into the shower to turn it on, watching the pipes start to pour out some brownish water, before it starts to clear up. Uldren visibly shudders.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
"Just wish I knew what it is. Looks like sand, kinda. But not really like normal sand." A small huff leaves her. "Doesn't look healthy either. As if Drenak needed more things that could mess with me more than it already does." She mutters under her breath and tugs a bit at her shirt to pull it away from her skin, only to have the damp thick fabric fall back the moment she lets go.

He takes her hand and tugs her with and she seems a bit surprised at it at first, as if she hadn't expected him to go over there. She throws a glance at his bedroom as they go pass it into the bathroom, smiling a little for herself before her attention is shifted to the shower.

The brown water brings back the frown to her face and she looks at it with concern. "It's... Well, it's clearing up now, but..." She sounds quite hesitant, but steps closer and holds out a hand under the stream to gather some water in her palm. "It looks alright, I think? Doesn't smell weird, at least." She lets the water run through her finger and it at least washes off the sandy particles the towel had not managed to wipe off.
ira
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2023, 07:51 AM by Ira.)

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
Uldren can’t help the slight wince that crosses his face as she adds that she doesn’t need anything else to mess with her this season, and he agrees immensely with that — practically looking her over with a doctor’s eye (even though he wasn’t anything close to one, maybe he’d sense something was off?)

He sees nothing so far as he guides her toward the bathroom, turning on the water and watches as it starts to clear up, as the heat starts to work its way through the pipes and he huffs a soft sigh. “The heat should kill off anything else, right?” He asks, casting her a glance before he steps away to try and peel the sticky shirt off of his skin, struggling for a moment with a huff of an exasperated sigh. It finally comes off and drops to the ground with a wet slap of a sound.
Uldren