This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
My dreams are made of you
Private  — Uldren<33
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
Come sink into me and let me breathe you in
"Anything from you will suit it." She mumbles softly and has another brief look around, as if trying to decide already where would be the best spot for displaying the new collection, but looks back to Uldren when he corrects her and she laughs. "Oh, fine. Our trinkets." She rolls her eyes dramatically, but the warm smile still shines on her face.

It's just another thing to put on the list of things she has to get used to. That they're having some things together, but at least she doesn't mind it at all sharing with Uldren. She just has to remember to remind herself of it and the idea does make her feel happy, that she gets to share things in her life with someone she's come to care a lot about.

They can be in disagreement over the picnic he's prepared being "nothing", but when his question comes she focuses all of her attention back to Uldren and sits next to him so that she is facing him fully, hugging her arms around her legs and holds onto the glass he gives her in both her hands. She suspects he means the gift he's been mentioning and there is a nervous feeling about it that has her huddling up a bit like that, but there's also curious excitement sparkling in her eyes.

"Yeah, I wanna see." She replies with a small chuckle and her curiosity visibly grows even more as she watches him with equal amount of anticipation now, even if she might be trying to hold some of it back. Perhaps unsure about how much excitement is appropriate to show.
I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Instant killing and permanently maiming not included.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
she got my heart in her hands like a headlock
I can't see straight, ten seconds past five o'clock
i don't know what she's doing but she'll do me wrong; she's such a tease
That could be true, and he thinks on what kind of trinkets he might make to add to it as he watches her for her reaction toward the comment he makes. It’s exactly what he expects, though, the rolling eyes and the dramatics, despite there still being a gentle smile on her face. Uldren can’t stop the bright grin that forms on his face in response, especially as she comes back to join him on the picnic blanket.

He poses that playful question toward her, green eyes watchful when she settles in somewhat of a closed off body position, but he can spy the curiosity that brims within her own. “Great,” he shifts to kneel in front of her, patting the pocket that holds the little box to make sure it’s there, and when he removes it he holds it up for her to see.

It’s pointed toward her so that when he lifts the lid, she’ll see the jewelry within – a necklace, just like the one they had initially designed together when they’d finally crossed paths again – gems of onyx and greys set in a cool silver, made to look like storm clouds on the horizon, shiny and reflective of the bright environment around them. And he waits for her response.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
Her arms hug around her legs a bit tighter, but the mix if nervous excitement and curiosity still grows while she watches him kneeling in front of her and taking out the box, her eyes focusing on it and it feels like she has to wait for half an eternity before he opens it.

When he does, she draws a short breath and her curious expression shifts to a more stunned one. She's completely still at first, apart from the small rapid movements of her eyes as she tries to take in every little detail of the necklace all at once. She remembers the ideas they had discussed, but seeing the actual piece for real is something completely different. Something she also had never expected to actually do, since she had assumed that it was something he made and sold long ago.

"Wow, it's... It's so beautiful." She finally manages to get out in almost a whisper. Slowly unfolding herself from the curled up position, she lets go of the glass with one hand to reach out, but hesitates just above the necklace as if she doesn't dare to touch it. "You... Made that... For me?" She looks up at Uldren as if she can't really believe it fully, but there is a smile tugging at her lips again as she tries to break out of the stunned state her mind is in. Though even so, there is a spark of thrilled happiness in her eyes.

To her, the jewellery looks far more valuable than anything she's ever been near and the fact that he made something like that for her is something she would never have imagined before, even with being prepared that he had made her something out of the stones they picked out together. That Uldren had made it, and with those stones, only makes the piece feel all that more valuable on a very personal level as well.

The reader of this text has standing permission for responsible powerplay and to use physical/magical force against this character.
Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He makes the reveal of the stormy, Drenak themed jewelry — even going so far as to keep the sketch and the notes he worked up on it when they talked about it and made the decisions involving it. And so it’s with no small amount of excitement that Uldren watches her expression, waiting to see just what she’d do when he reveals it to her, waiting with bated breath for a hopefully good response.

And it is, even if it’s completely shocked sounding, and his lips quirk into a soft smile as he watches her unfold herself from where she’s sat to inspect the necklace closer. At her question, though, he nods his head — pieces of his black and red dyed hair bouncing with the movement. “I did. Happy birthday.” He offers quietly, his green gaze wholly focused on her face as she goes to trade her the necklace for her glass so that she can get an even closer look. “I still have the sketch and notes from when we worked on it, too.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
The smile grows more at the happy birthday and she trades her glass for the small box, holding it in one hand while slowly running a finger over the smooth surface and watches how it reflects the light of the sun. When Uldren mentions still having the sketch and notes, she looks up at him briefly.

"Seeing how much I've been hanging around, I'm impressed that you managed to work on this in secret." She narrows her eyes with a soft laugh. "Maybe it's good I can't make myself stay put indoors all day most of the time." Even if she had been anxious about there being a surprise, she's still happy it had stayed a surprise. It really wouldn't have been the same had she found out too much.

Carefully, as if it's made of the most brittle glass, she takes the necklace out of the box and holds it in her hands. Still appearing as if she's working on taking it all in as her eyes  move over the patterns in shades of white, gray and black created by the stones. "It really is beautiful." She says quietly as she finally dares to put the necklace on, and after arranging it and admiring it a bit more, she pulls herself closer to Uldren to throw her arms around his neck in a hug. "Thank you!" She leans her head back enough to press a gentle kiss to his lips, unable to stop herself from smiling brightly.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
You’re not the only one that can be stealthy.” He teases her, unable to keep the smile from his face as he watches her inspect it. If not for the times she went out, he also had plenty of time when he managed to find time to work at the booth in Neon Alley. Plenty of options to work on something secretly, especially given the fact that business has been slow with the sickness. And the more he worked on it, the less he thought about his own issues.

Regardless, Uldren watches as she moves to slip it on, taking in the cool colors of the stone against her skin and finding himself blindsided with just how beautiful it looked on her. It was exactly what he was hoping for, and he looks up to meet her gaze when she throws her arms around his neck in a hug and presses her lips to his – a mumbled you’re welcome leaving him as he wraps his arms around her in turn and gives her a tight squeeze, pressing back into the kiss.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
The silver feels cold against her skin, but not in an unpleasant way. Even with the necklace being Drenak themed, it's everything that the season itself isn't. While the season has always been trouble for her and she associates it with a lot of bad things, the necklace holds the memories of their first night together when they picked out the stones and the fact that Uldren had taken such care turning it into this beautiful piece of jewellery for her and she'll treasure it forever.

She breaks the kiss to draw a short breath, her throat tightening a bit from a sudden wave of emotions coming over her and she carefully pushes Uldren's sunglasses up into his hair before putting her forehead against his. Her nose brushing against his and her fingers draw little patterns against the skin at the back of his neck. The rest of the picnic almost forgotten at the moment as she settles there close against him.

"I love you so much." It's a quiet murmur, but her voice holds a lot more confidence than the first time she said it. "Not because you're giving me gifts. You're just wonderful." She adds with a small laugh and trails her thumbs slowly along his jawline as she presses another kiss to his lips before continuing in the same soft voice. "I just worry sometimes I won't know how to properly show how much I really appreciate you, or if I'm being too much... Sometimes still feel lost in all these emotions." Even with soon a year with Uldren, she still has a messy lifetime to work through and move onward from. She is doing it, though, bit by bit slowly.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
It’s a culmination of so many things for them in this nearly year they’ve been together, and Uldren can’t help but to almost glow with the reaction she gives him. He knows that gifts spark anxiety for her, but he’s so pleased to see that his has alleviated any prolonged worries – easily settling into the kiss before she breaks it to take a deep breath, his head tilting back slightly as she readjusts his sunglasses to sit on top of his head and his green gaze focuses on her the best he can with the closeness they share – arms tightening around her as she settles in close against him.

He warms vibrantly to her confession, more confidence heard in this one than the previous one and his arms tighten in a small little squeeze as he nuzzles his nose along hers, remaining silent while she explains and presses another kiss against his lips. Her worries are reasonable to him, so he lifts his arms to gently cup her face, to pull away enough to look into her own gaze. “I love you too. And I’m content to sit here for a life time trying to undo all the wrongs that had happened to you before.” He assures her, pressing a soft kiss back to her lips before he withdraws. “I’m not goin’ to let you be all alone and lost in that head of yours.
Uldren
Height
Occupation
Class
She/Her
5'7"
Server/Barback
Inactive
Ira
She wants to be able to pause the time and remain like this with Uldren for a while. Be in a little protective bubble in the clearing they are in, just the two of them close together and nothing else in the world would matter.

When he goes to cup her face and pulls back a bit, she meets his gaze and nods slowly to what he says while her jaws work slightly as she feels that tightness in her throat again and a burn behind her eyelids. She presses back into the kiss and then tries to say something, but everything just bubbles up more after he mentions not going to leave her alone in her own head and she fails to find her voice. Just a mix of a quivering huff of a laugh and a sniffling sound, together with a whispered "Damn you..."

She buries her face against the side of Uldren's neck, wrapping her arms tightly around him and draws in that familiar woodsy scent of his hair in slow deep breaths while she tries to keep herself together. "Hopefully it won't take me a lifetime to stop being so weird with these things." She finally manages to get out with another nervous small laugh after a moment and she takes another deep breath. "Sorry... I really didn't mean to have this reaction. I'm happy, I promise."

Leaning back a bit, she quickly rubs her eyes with a hand before meeting Uldren's gaze again, an anxious smile on her lips. "This isn't really right, is it? I shouldn't get this overwhelmed by you being nice and caring. It should be such an obvious thing and I just don't know what to do with it. And sometimes I still worry that it's all a trap again, even though I know it isn't. I know this is all real." It does scare her when she realizes just how normalized the lack of affection had become to her before meeting Uldren. She had not fully understood it until receiving so much of it in her time with him.

Height
Occupation
Class
He/They
5'10"
Gem Dealer
Inactive
He returns a smile in the kiss she presses against his lips, even as she fails to find her voice and can all but offer a quivering laugh and a whisper. He doesn’t mind, not one bit, even as she presses against him and buries her face into his neck – Uldren’s chin lifting slightly so that he can make sure she has enough room and that he can tilt his head to press his cheek against the crown of her head in turn. “Don’t be sorry. I know you are. Tears don’t have to be sad.” Happy tears are what he contributes this to being, and he reinforces his words with the tightening of his arms around her.

At least for the moment, until she pulls back and rubs her eyes with her hand and meets his green gaze. He scans her face, lifting a hand up to brush against the slightly damp tops of her cheeks. “It’s not not right, Ira.” He murmurs softly, encouragingly. “My mother used to get quite emotional with the flowers my father brought home to the shop.” He gives her a slightly playful look as he continues. “And that was weekly. On the dot. And she’d always tear up.” It doesn’t bother him in the slightest if she has reactions like this. So long as she knows she’s loved, that’s all he cares about.
Uldren