This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Bad Medicine
Private  — Sunjatatata
Loves: 0 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
the underdogs ate shit and grew
into the wolves you threw them to
Sounds like a diplomatic way of saying you’re following me.” Nate’s nose wrinkles, the lasti disappearing back into a pocket inside his shirt. A sigh leaves him, and he reaches up to rub at his face. While there really wasn’t any reason to trust the enforcer, there wasn’t any reason to distrust him either. At least not yet.

Leaning back against the door, Nate finally drags his gaze away from the other man, his bottom lip pinched between his thumb and forefinger while he considers something. “So… what, you gonna leave a few bruises and fuck off again?
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
no i don't need one more reason not to choose ya
cause i came in looking for my hallelujah
If I’m following you, I’d know your name.” He counters swiftly, raising a brow Nate’s way. He moves away from the counter he’s been leaning against to finger through the files again, flipping each page of the inventory and waiting until Nate’s finished his tantrum before he continues. “No. Certainly not.” He grumbles, rolling his eyes.

Like I said, I’m wasting time, pretending like I give a fuck about it, and then I’ll leave.” He looks around the exam room now, stepping away from the files and runs his fingers along the edge of the exam table, before his gaze returns back to Nate. “I’m glad your arm appears to be better.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Another long sigh drags into Nate, accompanied by the rolling of his eyes. “Its on the door. And I don’t have any reason to believe you.” So really, they’re at an impasse. “Wouldn’t be the first time, yknow.

Curls fall across his eyes as Nate glances down at his arm, fingers flexing almost experimentally. “Wasn't anything that bad. Just landed on it.” A little laugh huffs out of him, his hand clenching as he flexes, his arm straining the fabric of his shirt. “I’m not gonna be on my ass that easy.” And he’s definitely not gonna let an enforcer know whether or not he’s still hurt.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
His steel gaze lifts to the sign above the door, scanning the name that sits there and glances back to Nate with the raise of a brow. He tries to think of something witty or smart but all he has is the shift to a huff of a sigh and a nod. “Fair enough.” And that’s really all he could say, right? He can’t try to fix the previous enforcer’s actions, only change his own to better prove they’re not all terrible.

The huff from the other man sparks one from himself, an amusement that’s fleeting as quickly as it’s come. “I can imagine. Which is why no bruises.” Sunjata rumbles with an amused smirk, a shrug of his shoulder, before he’s checking his watch. “I think I have a few more minutes, then I’ll be able to leave you be.” He offers, stepping away from the exam table and the files and towards the door and Nate himself.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Nate doesn’t make any effort to move, standing as a solid wall between the enforcer and the door. “You know you’re in the wrong business, right?” The question isn’t said directly to the enforcer, but rather aimed at Nate’s hand while he surveys his nails.

It’s strange, to not really be afraid of an enforcer. To be allowed to squint and stare at the uncovered face, the steel eyes. “You know my name now.” Nate points out, his head cocking to the side.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
Sunjata stops a few feet away from Nate, watching him instead but close enough at this point to have to lift his chin a fraction to fully look at the other man. And all he can do really is hum a quiet agreement, before his head tilts curiously. “Or maybe the right one to get it back on track.” He poses the question yet doesn’t exactly elaborate further.

But it’s clear that Nate isn’t moving immediately so he heaves a soft sigh, a hum of a laugh. “I do. Doctor Nate Wren.” A playful smile tugs on his face, one that seems to suggest he isn’t going to divulge his own secrets so soon, but he does tuck away that tidbit of information of a name away for later.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
The words draw a real laugh from Nate, his face crinkling with genuine mirth. He pushes his hair back, smiling across at the other. “Oh yeah?” His head cocks, hip popping out towards the enforcer. “You’re gonna be the Arbiter, change the world?” Another laugh leaves him, head shaking. “You'd make a good comedian.

His own name drags his focus back onto the other, a smile still tugging the corners of his lips up. “Never heard an enforcer say it so nice. Usually I’m gettin’ yelled at.” He leans close again, though the goal this time isn’t intimidation. It’s… something else. An experiment. “You sure you don’t have a name I could say nice for you?
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
The laugh makes Sunjata’s gaze less hard, softer now and lit up with amusement. “Maybe. All it takes is another couple of trials, right? And the hardest part.” Sunjata’s voice drops quieter, as if conspiring. “The old man’s gotta die.” But he withdraws again the second it slips, as if remembering himself, as if he’s a hint surprised at how easily Nate’s dragged that out of him.

And it remains the rest of the time when he says Nate’s name, as the compliment (maybe?) was made, smile shifting a hint more reserved, straightening up as Nate experimentally leans in. “Unfortunately, I’m to remain mostly completely anonymous. But you’re welcome to give me a name for you to say nicely.” But that steel gaze finds the other man’s face, almost waiting to see what he comes up with for that.
SUNJATA
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
Pretty sure he can’t have that much longer in him.” A shrug rolls over Nate’s shoulders,  knowing the words could be taken as a threat, as treason, and finding he doesn’t really care. Not with this enforcer at least. “Who knows? Maybe you’ll get really lucky.” There were worse things that could happen.

Like a predator closing in on its prey, Nate takes another step closer, his head slowly tipping the other way. “Sounds lonely.” A brow lifts as the offer registers, a decidedly dangerous edge entering Nate’s grin as he takes another step closer. “Maybe Puppy?” His hand comes up, about to touch the enforcers chest before he remembers himself. “Or Sunshine? Since you got your head in the clouds.
NATE
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
He really truly wants to respond with a saints willing comment, but it’s too late given his ability of remembering himself and who he is, and instead simply hums a soft sound of acknowledgement when the tables turn slightly. Maybe he would get lucky, or maybe he’d be far removed from the game when the chance came to play.

Instead, however, he perks up when that sharp edge returns to Nate’s lips, when the step is taken closer and he stands a bit straighter, eyeing the hand that extends toward his chest. “Puppy?” He repeats, clear offense and a small amount of amusement in the word before it shifts to something a bit more focused, more sharp and edged. “Sunshine works.” He almost mumbles, not wanting to give too much away.
SUNJATA