This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hangin’ on Tonight
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
Aww, no special someone? But you’re a catch. Little repressed enforcer.” The last words are sung softly between them, Nate’s soft gaze making his sharp tongue seem gentler. “Or does the King Brat stop you from dating?” The doctor laughs under his breath. “Though you’d think he’d want more Brats around.

Resting an elbow on the table, Nate slouches over and watches Sunjata, his smirk wide and sated for the moment. “I guess you’re right. I mean, I did feel it in there.” There’s a part of Nate that is curious to see just how red he can make the other man. There’s another part wondering how far he can push before Sunjata simply snaps.

Whichever happens will be interesting.

A warm huff of laughter leaves him. “Well think the Saints for that. If you were complaining I might have to think about apologizing.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
His head ducks a bit into his shoulders as Nate begins to tease him, sucking in a sharp sigh as he shakes his head. “I’m engaged in case you forgot. I don’t exactly get to date anymore.” But they’ve been extending it, and Sunjata’s mouth starts to move faster than his brain can keep up with. “Flings, sure, but.” He shrugs awkwardly, the mug set down on the table abruptly with a thud/

His gaze snaps back up to Nate, meeting his rage momentarily before it drops to follow the gleam of silver and green, the exposed skin as he flushes so sharply that his freckles disappear. He doesn’t even know how to respond, instead, focusing on the next comment — shoulders hunching a bit more as he shakes his head and snorts. “Saints, don’t apologize.” Sunjata murmurs, flashing an amused smirk toward Nate, letting the alcohol start to burn in his stomach.

Highlight of my day.” Comes the more playful hum, the young Bratena trying his best to recover.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Can’t forget something you didn’t know.” Nate sings again, leaning out across the table to pour the rest of his mug into Sunjata’s. “I’m sure she’s real happy with you, looking for flings in the mud when you’re supposed to be working.” His hand comes up to silently order two more mugs of alcohol, a few bars of lasti finding their way to the table for when the old man comes back around.

As if he’s following the steel gaze, Nate’s free hand smooths down his front, pulling the undershirt taut and hinting just a little more at a few hidden piercings. “I only said might.” He reminds the enforcer lightly. “You like it too much for me to apologize for anything.

Reaching out again, Nate runs warm fingers up the scarlet wall of Sunjata’s cheek, poking his cheekbone roughly as he reaches the pinnacle. “If I didn’t know any better I’d think you were looking for one.” It’s absent musing, Nate all but talking to himself as he withdraws again, new mugs finally deposited on their table.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He swears he’s told Nate before, but it all starts to blur together and it is quite possible that he hadn’t said it loud enough, simply thought he’d said it but didn’t, or perhaps Nate hadn’t been listening. Either way, it’s out in the open now and he’s watching idly as Nate pours his mug into his own. He snorts at the comment, though, a small raise of his eyebrow.

We’ve petitioned to get out of it. Best we can do is just prolong it.” So might as well have fun before they’re forced into it, right? It’s not like he’d have any issue if she went and found her own flings. They’d realized early on enough they weren’t compatible with one another.

Of course Nate’s hand still draws his attention, the more hidden piercings revealed that make him immediately look away, head tilting to the side as he focuses on some random spot. He doesn’t expect it when that hand lifts then, the soft touch against his cheek on a path to his cheekbone, a rough poke, a huff of a laugh leaving him and he looks back over at Nate with a small amused smirk. “I’m always looking for highlights.” He hums, lifting the mug to take another sip before he leans forward across the table, skin still hot to the touch.

I do, admittedly, appreciate your confidence.” He returns back to a previous conversation, gaze finding Nate’s face again.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Sure, it might have come up before, but truth be told anything Nate didn’t care to actually remember went in one ear and out the other. “Aren’t all noble marriages like that? Still thought you had to tie the knot before you could start,” his hand waves instead of offering a word, too many coming to mind to choose from.

Regardless, the Bratena’s relationships are not his business (not yet at least) so they move on, liquor and the hour moving Nate’s hands. At least, that’s the excuse he’d give if he were asked about it. But Sunjata doesn’t ask, so like a wave the doctor withdraws to take a sip of his fresh pour and lean in again. “What other highlights do you get?” What could there be to look forward to in a velvet cage?

Delight brightens Nate’s eyes as the thread is grabbed again immediately, his head cocking gently. “My confidence? About your chances, or did you mean about keeping my mouth shut?
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
A snort leaves him as Nate explains his views on the arranged marriages these days, a small shrug accompanying it. “No, not all. I dated her before. Found out it wouldn’t work and stopped talking.” But because she was a promising Bravlet, well… “She’s a rising star and I’m not exactly the pride of the Bratena family so my father figured it to be a favorable match.” Why is he explaining this so much? The alcohol, probably, and also because he doesn’t particularly get to explain it other times. It’s simply assumed.

And to make a long story short, they both want out of it.

He sips from the mug that Nate had filled, letting the warmth bleed into his stomach and throat when Nate asks him and his head tilts slightly. “My favorite flower blooms this time of year. And sometimes they do book sales at the libraries in the Core.” Those are the other highlights, few and far between. Nothing like this, but enough to get Nate to picture the fact that Sunjata’s little more than a shut in any other times.

The brightness in the doctor's gaze is distracting, however, and he smiles crookedly at the delight he finds there. It’s almost a little bit intimidating. “The fact I like that you won’t keep your mouth shut.” He surmises, flaring a fraction more red after his skin had started to cool for a moment.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nobles drama doesn’t interest Nate half as much as Sunjata’s highlights, these things getting keyed into the permeable walls of his mind like scars beside Sunjata’s name. He tries to not think too hard about how he knows he will remember them.

Out in the dust? You been out to see them?” It’s the little differences that paint a picture between them, Nate almost unable to think of a flower apart from what blooms naturally in the floodplains. “Or are you too much of a recluse to get out?” The tease is gentle, softened by the flick of Nate’s tongue and his easy smile.

Curls bounce as his head cocks to the other side, that care immediately sharpening into a surgical tool to pick and pull at Sunjata again. “You want me to talk about you?” He clarifies, a wicked sharpness at the edge of his grin now. “Poke around and find you a fu-ling?” It’s clear from the way the word tilts that it’s not what he meant to say, a correction coming almost a moment too late.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
No. I haven’t. It uh, blooms in the Unity Gardens.” He offers, snorting lightly. “Hyacinths. Not really from around here.” At least he’s never seen them and it isn’t like he gets free reign to go explore the outskirts at the best of times. He can only recall one other time he’d been out in them and he’d been young. His swim test had been the one time that sticks into his mind.

As for talking about him? He’s mortified initially, a shiver racing down his spine at the way Nate recovers and Sunjata takes the moment to down a heavy gulp of the mug. He swallows and wipes at his mouth, before the hand lifts to pinch at his nose, a huff of a laugh slipping from him. “No—” He starts to pause, biting his tongue from saying why not this if you’re desperate to find me a fling? to instead say “I’m quite content right here.” It’s a little less blunt, but perhaps the point gets across.

He hopes it does, at least.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
It’s a flower he recognizes, even if not by that name, and Nate vows to do some research into it (he won’t, the flowers name gone from his mind before he gets home) while nodding idly.

That no sets Nate on a tightrope, his eyes growing wide and curious while his face freezes, expression ready to twitch between two extremes. For a moment it seems like he might go back plummeting, but the continuation sends him shooting up instead. “I’m not going to send you away.” Nate rumbles in a voice that seems far too smug for what’s just transpired.

I like having you to myself more anyway.” The words slip out of him so casually, an idle hand fiddling with one of the metal snaps on his green jacket. That grin is still on his face, distracted now as Nate looks down at himself and fiddles with his clothes again, straightening things out.

Blue eyes flick up to Sunjata again, appraising him silently before Nate let’s yet more fuel pour from his mouth. “You’re hot.” He says it in the same tone a child would complain of being bored in. “You should take that coat off before you pass out.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
His shoulders slump a little, a small amused smile plays on the corner of his lips as he regards the doctor before looking away, letting himself go as the alcohol makes it easier for him to think less about his words. But it’s Nate’s own words that have his gaze returning, skin still flushing as the comment’s made and he takes it far too personally — more than he likely should. He’s glad, though, that makes two of them. He’d rather spend his time with Nate than potentially get taken advantage of.

But all he can offer is a soft little “good.” In response, unsure how to continue when Nate does it for him. Unfortunately, he’s in the middle of a sip from the mug again when it hits him and he almost chokes, coughing into the mug before withdrawing as his stomach roils in both horror at the reaction he’s had as well as the continuation of the doctor’s words.

Oh.” He murmurs with a little hint of disappointment almost, eyeing Nate curiously before he does as asked — after all, he’s the doctor here. Sunjata’s simply just trying to remain hidden, yet not too hidden. He shrugs out of the long jacket, pushing it back over the back of the chair, adjusting the button up underneath it — but it sticks in places along his sides and chest from the warmth.

So in an effort to alleviate it, he starts to roll the sleeves up once he’s done plucking the shirt from his sticky skin. And from there, the sudden and sharp chill that rakes down his spine, a cold shiver leaving him in a sigh. “How’s that?” He rumbles, amusement playing on his lips as he leans forward on the table between them again, legs shifting under it; his knee bumping into Nate’s.
could i lie with you?