This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hangin’ on Tonight
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
A teasing laugh rumbles out of Nate when he makes the other man choke, colour blooming on his cheeks, his nose, the tips of his ears. It’s impossible to tell if it’s the drink or something else, though they both know what Sunjata is thinking.

Makes you stick out less.” Nate answers after a moment, distracted by the places Sunjata’s shirt clings to him, the places their legs bump, the texture of his ripped pants obvious even through the fabric that separates them. “You’re a lot smaller without all your fancy equipment.

A firm hand shoots out and grabs Sunjata’s wrist, the doctor lifting it with a grin. “Look how close!” He shakes it, showing off how close his middle finger and thumb are to touching.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
I was trying to blend in more.” He mumbles, like a child trying to over explain exactly what he was doing. Instead, he sheds the layers anyway, starts to cool off with the layers now exposed, the brief hint of the brace Nate had helped him with now reduced to some smaller bandages wrapped around his middle, barely seen through the shirt he wears on top of it even from where it clings.

Smaller? A brow rises toward Nate, a huff of a laugh on the tip of his tongue before his wrist is captured, Nate’s hand circling it in a full, tight circle that keeps him red, has his knee bumping into Nate’s again, a small huff of a sound leaving him when his arm is shook, playfully rolling his eyes. He might be small, but he’s relatively muscular as well — mainly due to his training. “Yeah, yeah.” He rumbles before he pulls his hand a little bit further.

He drags it down, hand snatching Nate’s up instead, long fingertips press into the doctors own wrist, his smile reflecting in his eyes. “I’m strong, though. Even if I’m small.” He offers, the steel lifting from where their hands connect to catch those bright blues.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nate snorts into his mug, only barely trying to hide it before he looks across at the other man. “You’re not doing a good job of it. You look the same as most of the other nobles that do shady shit round here though, so,” a shrug rolls across his shoulders, his mug thunking solidly on the table.

The fact that Sunjata doesn’t fight his grip has Nate leaning up, leveraging his elbow on the table to rise out of his chair without moving his knee away from the other man. His grip stubbornly refuses to loosen, even when the other man tugs, a mean smirk spreading across Nate’s face before the grip is turned back on him in a gesture a touch too quick for him to follow.

Maybe he’s had a little bit too much.

Either way, the grip has Nate’s fingers twitching, warm eyes rising from his clasped hand to the other man’s steel gaze. “You sure you’re allowed to be doing this puppy?
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Oh good, so I’ve accomplished something.” Despite the fact it wasn’t exactly shady shit he was doing. Simply paying back for work done, nobody needed to know the details of who they are, not that he was going to advertise it anyway — it’s why the hat stays on.

Nate’s grip is tight, though, and Sunjata tests it, eventually deciding to keep his fingertips pressed into Nate’s wrist, his hand warm but cool where it presses against the heat of the other man’s. Perhaps he’s a bit pleased with the fact he’d pulled that little trick out from where Nate wasn’t expecting.

He meets those bright blues, though, a crooked smirk pulls on his lips. “Oh I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t be. But I really want to.” He hums, flashing a wink, content to remain pressed against Nate wherever he can.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Something.” The doctor agrees dreamily, the cool touch impossible to not think about. It’s dangerous. Intoxicating. He takes another long sip of his drink with his free hand, finishing the second mug and moving onto the third –Sunjata’s supposed second– without pausing for a breath.

Maybe gives way to a wordless queasiness, Nate swallowing hard before focusing back on the other man, the corners of his grin trembling.

A flicker crosses Nate’s face, the flash of lightning before his face turns stormy and upset. “Want to what?” He asks sharply, the question feeling more like a rat trap than the jovial sips they’d been passing back and forth moments ago.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Brows rise in curiosity as Nate takes his second mug, while he hasn’t entirely finished his first (second? With Nate’s pour in it, one and a half?) He, too, has a free hand though, one which he uses to take a sip from his own mug before it settles on the table and he offers Nate his own thoughts.

The fact he wants to, probably shouldn’t be, holding the doctors hand in the way that he is. The last time he wanted to do something he shouldn’t have done, he paid for it. This time, there’s little chance his father could find out, right? At least that’s what the young Bratena tells himself.

He sees the flash of emotions on the other man’s face, legs shifting slightly under the table, stretching out and pressing against Nate’s own a bit further down than just the knee. “Be doing this with you.” He offers quietly, his fingertips moving to trail along the inner bone and veins along the wrist where they connect, before he slides his hand further up to keep Nate’s own like a cuff around his wrist, content to have it held as tightly as the other man wishes to.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
The answer brings quiet back to Nate’s features, his eyes softening and his brows relaxing. There is still static in the air, a wariness in blue eyes that hadn’t been there before, but there’s no lightning striking Sunjata.

Sitting back in his chair with thump Nate chews his lip and considers, his eyes focused on the please his fingers press a red mark into the other man’s wrist. “Why?” He can’t leave well enough alone. He has to poke and prod and fracture things.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Nate slumps back and their hands remain connected, Sunjata noticing the way the other man’s features soften. But the question leaves room for so many more ways for things to go wrong. He’s quiet, his gaze surveying the marks Nate leaves in his wrist, the red fingerprints (a selfish part of him wonders if they’ll bruise.)

His hand goes limp in the hold he has, at least momentarily as he chews over his answer. And after a moment, he pulls his hand sharply toward him, hoping to jostle the bigger man with a crooked smirk. “Because I like you. And you actually talk to me.” He decides before he leans forward, keeping the tension on their connection. “And truthfully? You’re addicting. I just… Want to be around you as much as I can.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Focusing like a hawk as Sunjata mulls over his answers, Nate watches for every little shift as he thinks. He’s focused enough that he does actually slip before catching himself when he’s tugged, a barely articulated “Hey!” leaving him. It’s easy to forgive, or at least to forget, with the answer Sunjata gives him.

It’s perfect.

Mmm.” Nate doesn’t let any emotion show on his face. “Mmhmm.” A flush rises up his neck, and his fingers tighten around Sunjata’s wrist hard enough the bones grind together under his hand, guaranteeing a bruise now.

It’s not fair. It’s not fair at all. He wants to take the other man home, wants to keep him safe and play with him. Nate shifts on his chair, knees bumping Sunjata’s as he presses his legs more firmly together.

We should get something to eat.” He suggests abruptly, throwing back the rest of his drink and shaking Sunjata’s wrist. “Gotta be something open around here right? For the night shift?
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Well, perhaps honesty is key in this, if Nate’s reaction is anything to go on. Nothing more than the simple mhmms that leave him — at least until Nate’s hand tightens. The bones press and the skin flushes, his own along his neck to match Nate’s own flush. There’s a soft gasp that leaves him, eyes lifting to find those bright blues when the conversation abruptly shifts.

The sound dies on his tongue, a low hum of agreement leaving his lips before he downs the rest of the mug he has. “There’s a diner and a burger place down the way toward the Medical sector. Could walk if you wanted?” He’d let Nate take his pick, and hopefully on the trek there he can take off the hat to cool off further. “Whichever you’d like.” His voice drops slightly into a slightly playful hum.
could i lie with you?