This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hangin’ on Tonight
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
Diner.” Nate decides immediately, standing up and making his chair screech across the floor. There’s more pain as he tugs at the other man’s wrist, dragging him up to his feet while his free hand digs in his pocket for more lasti to leave on the table.

It seems like he’s almost too eager to be out of the bar, Nate’s hand finally releasing from Sunjata as he throws both his arms up into the cooler night air. Clouds hide the moon away, but they keep to themselves for now, the streets below their feet damp from the last downpour.

A few steps are taken confidently away from the bar before Nate turns on a heel, the hard soles of his boots clicking. “Where is it?
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
Diner is the decision and Sunjata’s happy to oblige, shuffling as he moves to stand before he’s jostled by their connection, nostrils flaring as he inhales sharply against the hand that circles his wrist so tightly he’ll be thinking about this for days after. They’re still attached as Nate pays for their drinks but he does have a free arm to grab his jacket with, draping it over his arm still held by the other man.

Outside the bar becomes very suddenly cold for Sunjata, his hand released as he starts to tuck it into the jacket draped over it, his other hand tucking into the spot as well for his fingers to trace over the sore prints left behind. A snap of wind rushes against his back, a chill curling around his spine, goosebumps spreading along the slightly exposed arms, his shirt dried out enough now that it billows.

A few blocks down on the right. Kaly’s Diner. Can’t miss it.” He hums, starting to lead the way. His own boots thud against the damp concrete, gaze peering down the rest of the road, the sound of the warehouse trucks firing up break through the quiet. “They’ve got one of the best milkshakes I’ve ever had.” He doesn’t know how well alcohol and the milkshake would mix, but he turns to Nate with a bright smirk regardless.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Cold wind teases goosebumps up out of the skin Nate shares with the night, the liquor in his belly keeping him from feeling it too much. “Kaly’s diner.” A soft echo, almost stolen away by the same wind that has his next words trembling. “You’re buying me one.” He bumps an elbow into Sunjata’s arm none too gently, a conspiratorial wink shot down at the other man.

Despite having a steady path to follow, Nate still stumbles and skids his way along the road, dragging a half step behind Sunjata. “This isn’t a trick, right?” He cocks his head sharply, all but walking into the other man and sending them both crashing into a warehouse wall.

There’s no reason to trust the answer he gets, obviously, but there’s no reason not to. Between the two of them, the Brat heir has the more lose, and it isn’t as if Nate us actually guilty of anything more than any other Drencher – despite how much they may dislike it, it’s not a crime to hate the Blue Bottoms.
could i lie next to you?
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2022, 04:08 AM by Nate.)
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Hm?” He remarks against the surprisingly bitter wind that braces against his open arms – blocked only by the way his jacket is draped over his arm. Nate’s elbow only adds to the shock. Goosebumps travel across his spine, a shiver racing through him that has him twitching slightly before he realizes what it was Nate said. “Oh, yeah, I was going to offer to.” But it didn’t matter now, given that it was decided either way.

Nate struggles to follow him, though, and Sunjata’s own steps grow a bit haphazard as he tries to stay in step with the Drench Doctor, only ending up getting in the way it seems as he’s walked into, pushed into the warehouse wall with a quiet squeak of oof. The question gives him pause, though, remaining pressed against the wall as his brows pinch together. “No. Why would it be?” He asks suddenly, almost as if he’s self-conscious of whether that’s what everyone thought when it came to him.

It deflates him enough that the alcohol burning in his system doesn’t mask it, the anxiety warring within the steel of his gaze, enough of a vulnerability that Sunjata aims to push away from the wall, gaze looking to the ground and away from Nate, hiding himself the best he can. “It’s not a trick.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Cause you’re a Brat, and a ‘forcie, and cause it’s easy to do to someone who wants to believe you.” The reasonings slip out of Nate without hesitation, his hands coming up to box Sunjata in against the wall. Leaning in close to his ear, Nate let’s their chests press together, more of his weight on Sunjata than he really means. “Don’t wanna gut you puppy.

They’re the only words Nate can put to his trepidation, a threat and a bold proclamation that he would not be fucked with. The best defence is a good offense, and he’s plenty skilled at being offensive.

Drawing back so quickly he nearly throws himself fully off balance, Nate cocks his head and grins, ignoring or not fully noticing the shadow drawn over Sunjata. “So. Diner?
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
The reasons Nate lists out with such ease feel more like boxes ticked on a list of pros and cons of getting to know him. He wonders if everyone else does it, if it’s even worth trying to get to know anyone outside of the POINT Plate, and if not, then perhaps his father had been right with the attempt at isolating him away.

Hands lift and box him in, their chests pressed together so much that Sunjata’s gaze has to readjust, shifting his head to look down the dark and damp pathway as Nate’s threat whispers in his ear and the Bratena breathes hard enough that it’s a constant pressure against the heaviness of the other man. A flush crosses his cheeks, though whether it’s from their closeness and the whisper or the shame in the threat, it’s hard to say.

Nate pushes off and nearly loses balance and Sunjata tries to collect himself enough to fix his shirt slightly, readjust the jacket over his arm, and starts heading toward the diner with his gaze still focused ahead, keeping his little mask in place. “You can believe me.” He offers belatedly, though it feels pointless – like ash on the wind. “The diner’s around the corner.” He tacks onto the end, shifting the conversation as easily as his sudden newfound focus, turning on his heel to take a left as the lights of the diner pop up into view – the shining Kaly’s Diner in bold bright neon lights (with the Y burnt out), blinking above them.

It's dead this time of night, which means within it they get a wave from the waitress to sit wherever they’d like, and Sunjata leaves the choice up to the Drencher to pick where their next table for the night would be. “Wherever you'd like.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Unaware of the cracks he’s cause in the other man’s confidence, Nate focuses on following the other to the diner, only rushing ahead when the neon beacon shines in front of them. He waits just inside for Sunjata to catch up, rubbing at his arms and looking around the place, eyes already locked on a quiet booth away from the windows.

Beelining towards it as soon as he’s given permission, Nate slips into the worn velvet seat and relaxes. His eyes stay locked on the lone waitress, ordering a coffee before she even has a chance to say anything when she comes to offer them menus.

The poor woman nods mutely, then turns her confused gaze onto Sunjata, expecting the same bluntness from him.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Nate’s energy is so at odds with the war rampaging within the enforcer, but he manages to catch up, following quietly behind the doctor as the booth is picked, sitting opposite of Nate as he shoves the jacket that had been over his arm into the corner between him and the wall at his side when the waitress walks up. Nate’s announcement of what he’d like before she has a chance to speak has Sunjata’s steel gaze glancing from him to the waitress, offering a small apologetic smile.

Hi, can I get a water to start?” Because at the very least it gives her a moment to step away and grab the coffee and water while he actually decides what he wants – milkshakes for sure, but a snack sounded nice. “Thank you.” He tacks on with a dazzling smile the second the woman starts to step away, the menus placed in front of him now hold his attention and that smile fades like the flip of a switch, one hand keeping place at the milkshakes and the flavors they come in while his other flips through the other page for food. “What are you hungry for?” He asks Nate without looking up, still browsing what’s there.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
The waitress jumps on the chance to scurry away, returning moments later with their drinks and cutlery and a chipper “I’ll be right for your order boys.

Sunjata is offered just slightly more attention than the waitress had gotten, the weight Nate’s bright blue eye obvious while he sips at his bitter coffee. “A burger.” Nate decides immediately, opening the menu to the appropriate page without even looking at anything else. “Jellied lotus burger looks good.” The name is said just wrong enough to make it sound heinous, or at least worse than the reality: a burger topped with blackberry jam and fried lotus root.

The page flips, Nate considering other avenues now. “Maybe breakfast? S’early enough.” A low hum leaves him, his feet lifting to rest on Sunjata’s bench, one on either side of him.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He doesn’t sip from the water just yet, sliding the glass over as he feels Nate’s gaze bore into him, however momentarily that is. There’s still that awkward feeling in his stomach, the one he cant quite place but eats up the hunger that had sat there from the alcohol to the point where nothing really looked good, but he knows he needs to eat. So it’s with a rumbled “Blackberries are my favorite.” He comments idly, flipping back to the milkshake as he tries to push past the feeling.

It settles a bit easier, however, when he feels the weight on his booth bench shift when Nate’s legs box him into the seat, his gaze now lifting up to meet the doctor’s with a hint of surprise in his gaze, the flush creeping back in across his neck where he does have to take a long sip from the water. “I think waffles sound good.” He debates, head tilting as he sets the water down and flips back to the milkshake page. “And a cherry shake.” He reaches down to his jacket, forgetting that Nate’s leg is there, and places his hand along Nate’s calf for a moment before he realizes the cloth there isn’t his jacket.
could i lie with you?