This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hangin’ on Tonight
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
Oh really?” The page turns back to the burgers again, Nate considering his initial thought once more. He decides in a snap instant, then flips to the milkshake menu, keeping the page open without actually looking at it.

The fabric of Nate’s pants is fluffy and torn, rough edges and loose threads from a dozen half assed patch jobs. The skin there is so cold the doctor almost flinches away from the direct heat of Sunjata’s palm. “I only really like cherries sometimes.” He comments, licking his lips and finally dragging his eyes away from the other man. His legs only press a little closer around Sunjata though, slurping up the ambient body heat eagerly.
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
Yeah.” He pauses, eyeing the waffle menu as he still tries to decide on it. “Mom used to make me blackberry pies for my birthday every year.” But that was before things started to get rough and she began to spend more time in Garanenz. And how he hasn’t gotten approval to go and visit in so long that it almost feels like a distant memory.

He only half hears what Nate says about cherries as his hand feels the fabric of Nate’s pants – at odds with the smooth and pristine fabric of his jacket. But it isn’t lost on him when those cold legs press closer, Sunjata shifting slightly to widen his legs and offer more heat from his thighs to try and warm him up, the hand that had initially reached for his jacket, now moves to flatten against the outside of Nate’s calf, offering more heat and warmth. “Sometimes? What do you get other times?” He asks, his steel gaze lifting to try and catch those vibrant blues.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
It’s rare for something to leave Nate speechless, but that’s exactly what happens when Sunjata mentions his mother. It’s a tender enough subject even before taking into account the chasm between them, and that’s only speaking from his own side. There’s no reason to hack at the tentative connection between them when he can simply memorize the fact and move on.

No sooner do the other man’s legs open wider than Nate is shifting his feet, one then the other readjusting to the space between Sunjata’s legs instead. It’s warmer, to say the least, any other implications lost on the doctor. “For fruit?” He has to think a moment, the menu set flat on the table. “Orange is my favourite.” It’s a rare treat though, a common birthday present when he was younger.

Before he can share any of his own juvenile sorrows the waitress returns, an expectant pen waiting against her pad of paper. “Jelly burger and a chocolate caramel shake. And a beer.” Nate follows up the order with a bright grin before two sets of eyes turn to Sunjata, one tired and the other curious.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He doesn’t quite know what’s going to happen when Nate’s legs move, but eventually he finds out when the cold legs find the insides of his legs and a visible shiver races down his spine that he tries to hide swiftly, even if the goosebumps along his forearms give him away. His gaze immediately lands on the menu, trying to pick out what he wants and not think about things too deeply when he hears Nate’s answer to his question.

It's a lifeline he latches onto, his gaze finally lifting up again to catch Nate’s gaze as the waitress returns and his attention snaps back at her before he can make a comment on the fact oranges were Nate’s favorites, though he does tuck it away for later.

Because we all know who is the more likely of the two of them to have consistent orange accessibility.

Nate orders, though, and those eyes land on him but he smiles up at the waitress softly. “Waffles please, and a cherry shake.” He waits for her to write it down before she sticks the pen back into her apron, gathers their menus, and begins to step away to put in the order, Sunjata following with a short little “thank you!” as she departs them for now and his gaze lands back on the doctor.

Are you going to make it back down okay in the food coma you’re about to have?” Sunjata asks softly, amusement sparking up the corner of his lips in a small playful smile as his legs press in against Nate's cold calves, trying to warm him up.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Without the menu in his hands Nate finds himself fiddling with the condiments on the table, a nail clinking along each ridge of the glass sugar dispenser. “I’ve gotten around in worse states.” He doesn’t even look up as the words leave him, a scratch in the cheap tabletop distracting the doctor. “If you’re really worried you could walk me home.

The offer is nothing more than a tease, in the same way as his feet between Sunjata’s legs is a tease. It gives Nate deniability, a cover to hide behind and peek out from, never brushing too close to true intimacy, even if he is interested in the reaction.

Their drinks arrive at the table quickly, Nate swallowing half his beer immediately and pressing the side of his foot against Sunjata’s inner thigh. “Are you going to make it home okay?
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He wants to ask which states those were, to find out a little bit more about the doctor that sits across from him. But he doesn’t think it’s his place to ask, instead he simply nods slightly and sits back, hand on the top of the table, fingertips tapping lightly. His gaze snaps to the doctor at the offer, though, a soft huff leaving him as he tries to figure out how to respond.

I would, but, I can’t go down there.” He says with a soft frown, luckily in time for the beer to arrive and the milkshakes, Sunjata reaching for the fin of extras before sipping from the glass itself. He stirs the spoon in it idly, gaze focused on his milkshake when Nate airs his question, presses the side of that foot against his inner thigh, pressing against that bullet wound scar. That flush remains on the edges of his neck and cheeks, gaze rising to the other man’s face.

I should make it back after my father’s left for work. So with any luck, I’ll make it back before he realizes I haven’t been home at all.” He offers with a small playful smirk of confidence despite how it doesn’t meet his eyes. And rather than let that vulnerability become visible, he lifts the tin of the milkshake to his lips to down half of its contents.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
The glass of beer is emptied and settled at the edge of the table, Nate dragging the mug of coffee towards himself and adding an ungodly amount of sugar into it. One hand stirs it distractedly, while the other reaches out to steal Sunjata's milkshake, taking a sip of the pinkish ice cream from the frosted glass. His tongue cleans it off his top lip, leaving the dab of whipped cream on his nose. "You're not allowed to, that doesn't mean you can't." He points out, head cocking to the side.

Returning to his own mug, Nate stirs the spoon and wrinkles his nose, unwilling to humanize Shaju by thinking of him with some domestic routine. "How long do you need to stay out then?" He asks, tapping his foot against the slight bump in Sunjata's thigh, his legs warmed enough now to cross casually.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Sunjata watches as Nate adds a mountain of sugar to his coffee, then sip from his milkshake as Sunjata sips from the extras tin. “Yes, well, you saw what happened last time I went to the Drench unauthorized.” He heaves a soft sigh, gaze drifting down to the fin of extras as he internally debates whether this is a date. On one hand, it’s stupid for him to assume. On the other, the way Nate so casually steals sips from his milkshake and keeps his legs between Sunjata’s own simply screams to him as a casual date.

Luckily, the doctor’s question pulls him away from his internal debate as he looks to his watch. “At least another hour.” He rumbles, returning his attention back to Nate as his foot presses against that scar there while the doctor crosses his feet at the ankles. Sunjata’s legs press in on either side of the other man’s as he reaches to steal his milkshake back, plucking the cherry from the top of the whipped cream and pops it into his mouth. “Are you on a time constraint?” He asks once he’s swallowed, though he doubts it given how much alcohol Nate’s had.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
At once Nate’s brows furrow, the memory of Sunjata injuries from last time souring the good mood they’d been cultivating. Even the press of his heels grows firmer, less easy for a moment. “I did see.” He agrees, choosing to not comment any further and risk his temper.

I think we can fill up an hour.” It shouldn’t be an issue at all – their *food* hasn’t even arrived yet. The milkshake is relinquished easily, bright eyes following the red cherry as it disappears between Sunjata’s lips.

There’s something almost expectant in Nate’s face as he shakes his head, the corners of his lips tugged up. “I’m stuck up here until the trains start running again.” He shares easily, lifting his mug up to his lips and sipping.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
He’s grateful when Nate doesn’t continue that particular part of the conversation, instead he’s distracted by the momentary hard press of the legs between his as they shift gears toward the lighter conversation and Sunjata steals the cherry from the top of his milkshake. “I can wait until the trains start up if you want company?” He offers lightly, rolling a shoulder in a small shrug, a small amused smile blooming quickly on his face. “I’m sure we could kill time.” He repeats Nate’s suggestion with a small crooked smile before he takes a sip from his milkshake proper.

Their food hasn’t arrived yet, still, so it allows for Sunjata to lean back a little, one hand remaining on the bottom of the milkshake glass, idly spinning it while the other drops below the table, at first readjusting his folded up jacket at his side, before his cold fingers find Nate’s calf and wrap around it to warm them up like his own personal hand warmers. “Did you have anything in mind that you wanted to do?” He asks, as if Nate has had any prior ideas of what he might want to do.
could i lie with you?