This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Home Discord Wiki Characters Players Joining Guide Search
Hangin’ on Tonight
Private  — Sunjata
Loves: 1 ·
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
it gives the weak flight, it gives the blind sight
until the cops come, or by the last light
A coquettish smile spreads across Nate’s face, slow and warm. “You wanna keep me company?” That slow, rhythmic press of his boot starts up again, wearing a mark into Sunjata’s inner thigh. Blue eyes are still focused on the curve of the other man’s lips, rising only when he sips.

It’s nice, honestly. The noble is far more naive than Nate has expected, and something about it helps to set him at ease. Cold fingers shock it right back out of his lungs, Nate gasping softly and seizing his legs together, trapping Sunjata’s fingers. “I don’t know.” There ever so helpful report covers just as their food does, Nate grinning at the waitress as each of their plates is set down.

Wasting absolutely no time, Nate digs into his fries. Once he’s inhaled half of them he looks up again, head shaking. “There’s not really much to do up here, is there?” At least not on this plate, and they can’t go to any others right now. “And I don’t really wanna go outside for long again.” Especially not now that he’d just started warming up. “What do you think?
and for the last night i lie
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
she bought the last line, i'm just the worst kind
of guy to argue with what you might find
That curve shifts to a bit of a chewing motion as he latches onto the inside of his cheek, trying to focus on Nate’s bright blues despite knowing how they’re not meeting his eyes, knowing where they’re looking, and he takes a deep inhale of breath. But he’s being bold, he should know better than to make any of these sort of moves without realizing what can happen, and before he knows it his hand is trapped between the slow blooming warmth of Nate’s legs as he tries to warm them up with his own heat, rescued only by the waitress bringing their food by.

Sunjata at this point is still quite flushed, though he blames it on the alcohol from the bar despite knowing fully well it isn’t that which is causing it. In fact, his fingers twitch where they’re remained pinned, his other free hand releasing the milkshake to grab a fork to start diving into his meal. “Not at this time of day.” He murmurs softly, almost sadly. “Wish I had my car.” It’s an idle comment, the vehicle left behind by the Unity Gardens on POINT.

We could stay indoors, get closer to POSE and find some place inside there? But that requires going outside for a little bit.” A small frown tugs on the edge of his lips, before that wave of boldness hits him again and his fingers twitch against Nate’s calf again as his gaze rises to meet those bright blues again. “I could warm you up again, maybe?” Immediately, he chastises himself for the maybe addition, gaze dropping back to his plate as one of his knees bounces with a hint of his anxiety.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Too bad you don’t have any other time of day.” Nate teases easily, his heel biting a sharp mark into the other man’s thigh as he readjusts, trapping the fingers more firmly between his legs. “You have a car?The expression that flits over the doctors face is a confusing smorgasbord; undeniable interest warring bitterly with a bubbling disgust. It’s too much to really let into his head, some semi responsible part of Nate bouncing the emotional response away and distracting him with the first bite of his burger.

A throaty sound of satisfaction leaves Nate, blue eyes all but fluttering. The burger is the first real food he’s had all day, too few lasti in his pocket to buy anything on the Plates, and too little foresight to have ascended prepared. Offering the burger out silently towards Sunjata, Nate chews loudly and swallows, washing his bite down with a sip from his drink.

Sounds like you got somewhere in mind?” A sharp chin juts out, Nate softening the words by shoving another fry in his mouth. He recognizes a proposition when he hears one, and as far as he’s concerned it’s both fair and the reason he’d come out. “So long as you u warm me up you can take me wherever.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Mm, yeah, if only.” He drawls in response to the tease, a little sharp inhale leaving him as his fingers are pinned harder, thankful for the next tidbit of a question, even if Nate’s confusingly both interested and not interested. He works his jaw for a moment, nodding. “Yeah. It’s how I get around POINT. Otherwise it’s trains.” But he’s sure as fuck not walking to his house from the drop off point in the Gardens. The walk through them was enough most days, especially during Drenak. He’d come home looking like a soaking wet stray.

Brows rise as he swallows down his next bite at the offered burger, trying to spend the last few moments ignoring the sound that’s just left Nate’s lips. He can’t say no to it, of course, so he reaches out and takes a small bite, offering it back as he chews on his bite slowly. “I do.” He murmurs, trying to recover from earlier despite how his leg gives him away with its small amount of bouncing. But the offer is reciprocated and Sunjata nods, swallowing down yet another bite of his meal, sliding his plate over for Nate to try as well.

I think it’s about a twenty minute walk from here.  But it’s comfy and quiet.” A shoulder shrugs as he reaches for his milkshake with his freehand, stirring it with the straw in an attempt to seem almost indifferent to the offer he’s made, how Nate’s agreed to it. Or perhaps Sunjata’s missing something and hasn’t actually shared what he meant to, assuming the Doctor might pick up on it. So he takes a long sip from the milkshake, fights off the urge of his mind to freeze up completely. “We can always take the rest of the food to go, too.” If Nate didn’t feel like finishing it here, that is.

Also because he’s pretty sure the longer that the he remains within touch of Nate, he might combust – too touch starved and too greedy to find the healthy middleground.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Always kinda wondered what it was like.” Nate means to simply think the words, his tongue loosened by the liquor from earlier and the close, casual atmosphere wrapped around them. Without thinking, his hand lifts and honks the table top, two thuds banging out before he reaches across to take back his burger with one hand while the other rips off a sticky corner of the other man’s waffles.

Both go into his mouth at the same time, another long satisfied sound rumbling Nate’s through throat. “You make it sound so tempting.” Uncrossing his legs and freeing Sunjata’s hand, Nate shifts so the other man’s thigh is pressed tightly between his calves. A thoughtful look dances across his features, dark brown furrowing above bright eyes as Nate considers the offer.

His arm is up before he even registers that he’s made a choice, Nate hearing his own voice rather than choosing to speak. “Hey miss? Some kroko boxes please. And the cheque!” Focusing back on his burger with a newfound (and disgusting) intensity he manages to finish everything but the fries, leaning just Sunjata’s plate to be wrapped up. A task that is left to Sunjata, along with the bill itself.

Instead, Nate tries to brace himself for the chill they’re about to step back into, regretting his stylish choices. Usually date didn’t have quite so much late night walking. “This has better be worth it.” He teases playfully, something serious in his eyes keeping it from landing comfortably.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Fast.” Sunjata responds, thinking little of Nate’s comment initially – at least, until the moment that the thuds are made and his brows rise as he focuses on the other man, swallowing down his bite roughly. He’s surprised so much that even when Nate manages to combine both burger and waffle, he’s speechless. But his hand is freed finally and it finds its way back above the table, fingers red from how much pressure had been placed upon them.

His offer is taken, though, and he huffs out a sigh of relief even as his legs are now pressed between Nate’s calves, a fact that keeps him surprisingly warm when the waitress comes over to give the last bit of food alongside the bill that Sunjata’s already reaching into his pocket to pull the lasti out to pay with, able to simply glance at the amount before setting the bars down onto the table. Nate’s meal is basically gone in an instant, however, and Sunjata boxes his up with relative ease.

And before he knows it, they’re back outside. He glances over at Nate and the outfit once more before offering his jacket, still tucked over his arm, for the other man to wear (even if he realizes shortly after offering it, that it might not fit those broad shoulders). “It’s a nice place.” Sunjata murmurs softly, making some idle small talk about the small building they’re heading toward.

The walk is exactly as long as Sunjata had said (a fact that he’s internally quite proud of, but in the effort of trying to seem cool, he doesn’t freak out about it at all like he otherwise might have) and the two of them soon reach a nondescript door with a long hallway, a secure code to enter as well as a fingerprint scan. Of course, it only needs Sunjata’s code for Nate to slip in alongside him, and after another long little tunnel and a few odd turns that might turn Nate around with how much alcohol he’s had, they end up at the back entrance to a small room within Core that he rents every few months.

Inside is warm, cushy with a long sectional couch, a few books sprinkled about, a coffee maker in the corner and a couple of other chairs and some throw blankets. It’s boring, but at least it’s comfortable, out of sight, and a space to stretch out and wait for the trams to start. “Make yourself comfortable.” He offers, immediately stepping inside and shrugs out of the outer wear he has.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Nate dips low so the jacket can be set over his shoulders, something about the gesture making him giggle, even if he had been the one to initiate it. A persistent red flush pricks at the tips of his ears and in the apples of his cheeks. Unsteady steps keep him close to Sunjata, and just as he’s about to open his mouth and complain about the walk they’re there. Some part deep inside of him (that sounds suspiciously like Adam) tells him to watch the code over Sunjata’s shoulder, but he can’t bring himself to care.

They may be out of the cold, but there’s still a walk ahead of them evidently. “I think this is cheating.” Nate mumbles, leaning against Sunjata as his drinks drag at his heels. Any more complaints stick in his throat though, Nate silent until they reach another door.

The room on the other side of it is dizzyingly lavish, Nate’s first few steps slow, awestruck. “This place is bigger than my apartment.” He breathes, looking around. He’s just far enough over that drunken threshold to not be bitter about the perceived extravagance. “Its all yours?” Wobbly legs carry him to the couch, Sunjata’s jacket dropped somewhere on the floor as Nate collapses into the plush couch.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
Oh, but it isn’t cheating, and it’s a fact that Sunjata hums a soft laugh to, accepting it for what it is and moving past it because the pay off will be worth it. And it is, he thinks, as they enter the room and his jacket tumbles to the ground but he can’t find it in himself to care about it for the moment. He shrugs out of his own clothes, at least the outer wear before he ends up stepping back over to where Nate’s made a space on the couch.

I rent it every couple of months.” He offers softly as he takes a seat next to Nate, looking around the room. “Its my month for it currently.” It’s so nonchalant in the face of Nate’s awe that he can’t help but to feel bad about it. A feeling he swiftly tries to recover as he turns toward Nate, radiating heat and a soft flush as he uses the moment for another attempt at his boldness. “Still cold?” He asks, reaching up to run his fingers along Nate’s shoulder, over the meshy material before it flattens and warms the skin there.
could i lie with you?
Height
Occupation
Class
he/him
6'4"
“Doctor”
Inactive
NATE
Now that he’s comfortable, blown out eyes focus on Sunjata as he comes closer, an automatic appraisal watching and waiting for some threat. In the back of his head, Nate is apprehensive, but there are a fair number of feelings roiling in him, clamouring for attention louder than the instinct. The dull roar keeps him from doing anything other than arching towards the other man, drawn in immediately.

A full body shiver runs through him as the hands on his shoulders shift the chains around his neck, the cold metal pressing against a part of his throat that is trying desperately to flush. Both arms come up to wrap around Sunjata waist and pull him closer. No words pass Nate’s lips, but his head nods, and a throaty “Mm-hmm.” leaves him.

It’s a lie, obviously. He hasn’t been cold since halfway through the tunnel, not really, but Sunjata is an intoxicating kind of heat, one he can’t help but want to be burned by. Even inebriated though Nate remembers the game he’s playing, and stops himself from doing anything more than fanning the ember with a breathy sound, his fingers tightening just a little.
could i lie next to you?
Height
Occupation
Class
He/Him
6'
Enforcer
Inactive
SUNJATA
The other man’s arms wrap around his waist and emboldens him even further. It’s like a guiding light, drawing him in, pulling him in enough that Sunjata’s readjusting, slipping into Nate’s lap, straddling him and drawing his hands up to cup the sides of the doctor’s neck. He’s smaller than the other man, and truth be told, it’s the first time he’s ever done anything like this.

His fingertips tug at the rogue curls he finds, his pinkies hooking in against the chains wrapped around the other man’s neck. “I promised I’d warm you up.” He reiterates, entirely for himself, like some kind of ingrained aristocratic guilt was eating at him and he needed to soothe it. And a split second after he says it, he tries to scan Nate’s bright blue gaze, swallowing at the intensity of it and the blown pupils which are only slightly reflected in his own.

And he has to ruin the moment, like something won’t settle within him until he admits it. “I’ve, uh, never really done this before.” It’s a quietly ashamed admission, like some kind of warning, but it leaves his lips anyway as he tries to cover it up by how he surges forward to catch Nate’s lips in a kiss.
could i lie with you?